Cave Boys Movie Hollywoood style

Thailand

If Hollywood is producing who could be the stars?

Tom Cruise as the Coach?

Night- Justin Beiber?

Grieving relative (before the rescue) Cher?

Happy relative (after the rescue) Oprah Winfrey

The  Governer: Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson

You get the idea.

• Haha 1

As a direct answer to your question, I don't care. But, whether intentionally or not, you raise a good point: Hollywood movies about Asia, Africa, Latin America or even Europe, feature white, usually American, stars, with the locals relegated to supporting roles. One exception to this is to cast a local as the villain.

We don't need a Hollywood movie, though I should add that nor do I favour a Thai government production with Thai heroes and the foreigners relegated to supporting roles.

• Like 1

What would be the point of watching such a movie?

They will claim the movie is based on facts. But the facts are probably a cave, water, some boys and that's about it.

The rest will be a Hollywood story for people who like to see Hollywood movies.

Personally I think some of those movies are fun. And maybe sometimes there is a little truth in those movies. But everybody should expect just fantasy and no facts.

Just use the actual boys and coach, put them back in the cave, top up the water....Done.

They already know their parts in the movie. Then some big names stars to play the parts of those that did nothing to help except have their face on TV. Add some action, maybe a shoot out, them wait for the money to roll in.

If Hollywood decide to make a cave movie , it doesn't even have to be based on the truth . Just make an action movie , a blockbuster.
Now I'm off to see the new Mission Impossible movie , it's a good one.   

We all know the ending.

That's a challenge. 

It might be the kind of thing where documentaries should be made now and dramatic films many years later when the subject is fresher and people are more open to looking at it in different ways.

But there is money to be made so it'll be interesting to see what people try to do.

Also documentaries about the boy's lives and how the cave thing impacted them over the years might be interesting as well, but way too early for that.  

Edited by Jingthing

Making a good movie about this in Thailand could be a problem. The government is sensitive about how the country will be portrayed. While overall it's a great story of hope, determination, and international cooperation, there are some dark sides to it.

If I was doing it, maybe reset the entire thing in Brazil or Appalachia USA and just be a "inspired by" type thing, not even trying to follow the actual facts of the Thai events. 

Other than documentaries which can and should be done, I seriously doubt there will an international blockbuster about this that is set in Thailand and follows the facts. 

So what? 

Edited by Jingthing