UK to warn public every week over 'no-deal Brexit': The Times

webfact

58 minutes ago, nauseus said:

First two were from 20 years ago where commissioners resigned en masse to protest against then EU president .. the third was about corruption in EU countries, not in the EU commission... and then I stopped clicking the links..

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

The EU has been dodged by corruption allegations since the off. The 1999 mass resignations have been the worst case but, of course, the lack of any actual prosecution is due to extended corruption (to cover up the corruption), withholding information, secrecy, fear of being caught out (again) and the virtual immunity in the case of Commissioners and high-ranking EU officers.

Once again, assumptions but no proof. 

Corruption to cover up corruption?? Really?

I have no doubt that there is corruption in all EU countries (some more, some less than in the UK) but it was implied that the EU commission members personally are corrupt.

I have to assume this is another piece of ridiculous (and offensive) Brexiteer anti-EU propaganda of which I have seen far too much already.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

This video was uploaded to Youtube 7 years ago in 2011 .. a lot more recent than the 19 years old incident, where commissioners resigned to fight against corruption. 

Also, this video is just a speech of one person. There is no data to backup his claims, just words. 

If there has been corruption within the EU. I really hope it all has been taken out by now in 2018. I'm rather confident that the multiple cultures and ideas which EU represents, makes it pretty darn difficult for politicians to execute corrupt agendas. There are so many eyes and ears which make checks and balances happen almost in real time. 

I have no problem with UK desiring to leave the EU. Wanting control over legislation and immigration.

Fine with me. Easy to understand.

However,

I do take issue when people refer to EU as corrupt and as unelected dickheads.

In my view, they are not.

I can not think of any political system in the world that is more open to the public than the EU.

It is so easy to influence the development of regulations that you can't believe it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Once again, assumptions but no proof. 

Corruption to cover up corruption?? Really?

I have no doubt that there is corruption in all EU countries (some more, some less than in the UK) but it was implied that the EU commission members personally are corrupt.

I have to assume this is another piece of ridiculous (and offensive) Brexiteer anti-EU propaganda of which I have seen far too much already.

Once again, assumptions but no proof. Well, like I said, who is able and who has the power to prove anything in the EU?

Corruption to cover up corruption?? Really? Why not, if guilty there is not much to lose is there? (also see first point). 

I have no doubt that there is corruption in all EU countries (some more, some less than in the UK) but it was implied that the EU commission members personally are corrupt. Yes, this has been implied by many people many times.

I have to assume this is another piece of ridiculous (and offensive) Brexiteer anti-EU propaganda of which I have seen far too much already. As I have to assume that you will never accept any criticism of the adorable EU.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

I have no problem with UK desiring to leave the EU. Wanting control over legislation and immigration.

Fine with me. Easy to understand.

However,

I do take issue when people refer to EU as corrupt and as unelected dickheads.

In my view, they are not.

I can not think of any political system in the world that is more open to the public than the EU.

It is so easy to influence the development of regulations that you can't believe it.

I agree with that last part. I mean the very last part. 

Edited by nauseus
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Once again, assumptions but no proof. Well, like I said, who is able and who has the power to prove anything in the EU?

Corruption to cover up corruption?? Really? Why not, if guilty there is not much to lose is there? (also see first point). 

I have no doubt that there is corruption in all EU countries (some more, some less than in the UK) but it was implied that the EU commission members personally are corrupt. Yes, this has been implied by many people many times.

I have to assume this is another piece of ridiculous (and offensive) Brexiteer anti-EU propaganda of which I have seen far too much already. As I have to assume that you will never accept any criticism of the adorable EU.

FYI. I reported this post, not because it's content but because the quotations are messed up. Do put more effort, when you quote people. 

I hope the moderators, while doing the cleanup, will remove this, my message as well.

This video was uploaded to Youtube 7 years ago in 2011 .. a lot more recent than the 19 years old incident, where commissioners resigned to fight against corruption. 

Also, this video is just a speech of one person. There is no data to backup his claims, just words. 

If there has been corruption within the EU. I really hope it all has been taken out by now in 2018. I'm rather confident that the multiple cultures and ideas which EU represents, makes it pretty darn difficult for politicians to execute corrupt agendas. There are so many eyes and ears which make checks and balances happen almost in real time. 

Sadly there is still corruption going on within the EU parliament that is coming to light but the powers that be do seem to be making a better effort of routing it out now.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/09/ukip-group-fails-bid-restore-eu-funding-amid-inquiry

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oilinki said:

FYI. I reported this post, not because it's content but because the quotations are messed up. Do put more effort, when you quote people. 

I hope the moderators, while doing the cleanup, will remove this, my message as well.

The post was a reply to someone else. The post was copied exactly and used as a list so I could reply using italics to differentiate. There are no quotations. I hope the mods ignore your report. 

• Like 1

this I find interesting, I have worked intimately (very intimately) with the commission for more than 20 years,

this is the very first I hear about EC and corruption.

but, by all means, corruption is close to omnipresent

12 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I hope they remove this post you posted on Friday too.

"Mind explaining that brainfart idea in detail? New cliffhanger: Have you been lied to, because you were too ignorant to not to believe the liars and too bored to do your own research? This is a page turner."

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The post was a reply to someone else. The post was copied exactly and used as a list so I could reply using italics to differentiate. There are no quotations. I hope the mods ignore your report. 

I don't really care if your post is removed or not. The main point is for you to learn how to quote texts. I assume you'll show a bit more effort next time.

15 minutes ago, Orac said:

Sadly there is still corruption going on within the EU parliament that is coming to light but the powers that be do seem to be making a better effort of routing it out now.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/09/ukip-group-fails-bid-restore-eu-funding-amid-inquiry

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Obviously  the level of corruption at the EU parliament should be radically denounced by nationalist parties! ?

https://www.politico.eu/article/national-front-charged-over-fake-jobs-scandal/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I hope they remove this post you posted on Friday too.

"Mind explaining that brainfart idea in detail? New cliffhanger: Have you been lied to, because you were too ignorant to not to believe the liars and too bored to do your own research? This is a page turner."

If those sentences bugs you even days afterwards, I take it as an compliment for hitting the nerve ?

11 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

this I find interesting, I have worked intimately (very intimately) with the commission for more than 20 years,

this is the very first I hear about EC and corruption.

but, by all means, corruption is close to omnipresent

Well if you have really been that privy 20 years, I'm surprised that you don't remember the Santer Commission scandal.  

Just now, oilinki said:

If those sentences bugs you even days afterwards, I take it as an compliment for hitting the nerve ?

It doesn't bug me at all, but how you can report another member when your conduct is less than respectful to your fellow members is hypocritical to say the least.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I don't really care if your post is removed or not. The main point is for you to learn how to quote texts. I assume you'll show a bit more effort next time.

The original post was clearly displayed above my reply which included the unaltered original post with my replies in italics. I was not writing a thesis. If you don't care then why report? 

Well if you have really been that privy 20 years, I'm surprised that you don't remember the Santer Commission scandal.  

yes, remember Santer - not good

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, oilinki said:

How absurdly pathetic and petty and pretentious

Without contributions by him and other members you would have nothing to talk about.

You should be ashamed

• Haha 1

Britain, a country that once shaped Europe, is stumbling out of the EU with some incongruence. Old Brussels hands invoke Vietnam war flicks to compare poor Theresa May to a bloated corpse floating down the Mekong river, flanked by Brexiteer ministers using her as cover from enemy fire.

1 minute ago, tebee said:

Britain, a country that once shaped Europe, is stumbling out of the EU with some incongruence. Old Brussels hands invoke Vietnam war flicks to compare poor Theresa May to a bloated corpse floating down the Mekong river, flanked by Brexiteer ministers using her as cover from enemy fire.

Epic. More!

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

It doesn't bug me at all, but how you can report another member when your conduct is less than respectful to your fellow members is hypocritical to say the least.

Like I said I didn't report the post due it's content, but it's form, which need to be improved. I have rather wide threshold for insults, which has been often offered by the brexit side. I don't care about those too much.

I do allow myself to use more lively language, I would use in polite conversations due 'The forest answers to you, the way you call the forest'. I actually find this rather entertaining. 

So, please stop whining and say what you want to say. I'll answer to you, like the forest does. 

Btw. I truly dislike whiners who constantly blame others for their misfortunes, when they have done nothing to improve their lives. That's also the way I see most brexiters. Bunch of whiny little Biters... or something like that.

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Like I said I didn't report the post due it's content, but it's form, which need to be improved. I have rather wide threshold for insults, which has been often offered by the brexit side. I don't care about those too much.

I do allow myself to use more lively language, I would use in polite conversations due 'The forest answers to you, the way you call the forest'. I actually find this rather entertaining. 

So, please stop whining and say what you want to say. I'll answer to you, like the forest does. 

Btw. I truly dislike whiners who constantly blame others for their misfortunes, when they have done nothing to improve their lives. That's also the way I see most brexiters. Bunch of whiny little Biters... or something like that.

If you can't respect other members, it's better you don't post, you are constantly belittling the UK, and as much as you would like to say what you like, you cannot as we are constantly being monitored. This is my last post to you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vogie said:

If you can't respect other members, it's better you don't post, you are constantly belittling the UK, and as much as you would like to say what you like, you cannot as we are constantly being monitored. This is my last post to you.

I don't respect members, I respect the ideas the members bring for us to think about.

Some members are known for their abilities to make us think a moment or few, when they suggest ideas, which at first sound impossible. Some not.

I'm only sharing my own views and knowledge I have learned about the Go Brexit people. It isn't pretty.