over 70 desk.

Being a grumpy old fart over 70 I use the grumpy old farts line.

Twice lately I've arrived at the line to find a selection of obviously fit around 30's in the queue, mothers with kids are allowed so that's ok, so I walk to the front of the younger obviously fit guys and just point to the sign and get in front ot them. Imm' officers don't seem to mind and just accept me doing it.

If you're over 70 just do it but pay regard to mothers with young children, they're entitled.

Question.  Why do Imm' aloww so many younger fitter guys to use it?

Adding.

They, the younger guys seem to be mostly from 3 nationalities.

Sign also says, Over 70s, women with children, pregnant women, disabled and Monks, to name a few. Yes I have also seen younger people trying to get through, but business and first class passengers can also use. I have also seen regularly, boarding cards being checked and people turned away.

from my experience most of thee younger pax are Chinese and they cannot read English or Thai, I don’t think they are pushing their luck, just I’ll informed.

1 hour ago, DipStick said:

Sign also says, Over 70s, women with children, pregnant women, disabled and Monks, to name a few. Yes I have also seen younger people trying to get through, but business and first class passengers can also use. I have also seen regularly, boarding cards being checked and people turned away.

from my experience most of thee younger pax are Chinese and they cannot read English or Thai, I don’t think they are pushing their luck, just I’ll informed.

It's got two lines and in the 'other line' 6 or 7 from the middle east were there. One handed over all the passport together and the IO looked and handed them back saying go and get TM 6 cards fill them in and join the other queue.

Loved it. ??

Only signs I saw above the desk note over 70, wheelchair, pregnant women and women with young children.  No signs for any others.

Edited by overherebc

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to the above, obviously fit around 30's with diplomatic passports, ABTC cards or BOI letters are also entitled to use the fast track queue. You might want to consider that before jumping the queue in front of them.

On 7/21/2018 at 6:54 PM, overherebc said:

It's got two lines and in the 'other line' 6 or 7 from the middle east were there. One handed over all the passport together and the IO looked and handed them back saying go and get TM 6 cards fill them in and join the other queue.

Loved it. ??

Only signs I saw above the desk note over 70, wheelchair, pregnant women and women with young children.  No signs for any others.

At over 70 you should have cultivated more patience and respect by now. You'll give a bad name to us other old farts who have a few extra minutes and don't need to bully our way in a line to prove a point. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, drtreelove said:

At over 70 you should have cultivated more patience and respect by now. You'll give a bad name to us other old farts who have a few extra minutes and don't need to bully our way in a line to prove a point. 

The less time I have to stand waiting the less time I have to suffer pain in my leg and back.

So it's got nothing to do with proving a point.

I was brought up to respect rules orders and common sense when it involved people who had physical problems, personal reason being my father who lost a leg in an accident and long before people nowadays developed the me me me attitude.

Don't try to lecture from ignorance.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

The less time I have to stand waiting the less time I have to suffer pain in my leg and back.

So it's got nothing to do with proving a point.

I was brought up to respect rules orders and common sense when it involved people who had physical problems, personal reason being my father who lost a leg in an accident and long before people nowadays developed the me me me attitude.

Don't try to lecture from ignorance.

Have you considered getting wheelchair service if you are in that much pain from queuing ?  Or is complaining about it an efficacious analgesic?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bubba said:

Have you considered getting wheelchair service if you are in that much pain from queuing ?  Or is complaining about it an efficacious analgesic?

Not really considered that. Walking is not the problem

( maybe slower than most ) standing is. Anything that can reduce standing time is a bonus for me.

My gripe is against the obviously much younger and fitter guys, as I once was, using that lane when they are not entitled.

Before you ask ?, no, I don't understand why the IO's allow it.

But the point is that the fast track queue specifically permits diplomats, first/business class passengers, holders of BOI letters, ABTC cards, or purchasers of fast track passes. Entitled categories are clearly stated on the sign at the entrance. Chances are, those "obviously fit around 30's" are as equally entitled to the queue as you are. Perhaps that is why the immigration officers allow them to pass? I have been through those fast track queues more times that I can recall and I have seen some people rejected who were not entitled and yes, the officers do check your docs. On the way in, you will not even get through the door of fast track since they have staff posted outside to check for qualifying docs.

I suggested that if your back and legs hurt too much to endure ten minutes max of waiting, you can significantly reduce your waiting time by getting a wheelchair and relaxing. But no, you don't want to do that. Alternatively then, perhaps politely ask one of those in front of you if you can step in front of them because you are in pain. Arbitrarily cutting the queue to the front is not going to earn you or other over 70s any sympathy or respect; however,  by being "special" and a demonstrably "grumpy old fart", cutting the queue will likely get you some unhappy looks and grumbling.

Edited by bubba
Spell check

50 minutes ago, bubba said:

But the point is that the fast track queue specifically permits diplomats, first/business class passengers, holders of BOI letters, ABTC cards, or purchasers of fast track passes. Entitled categories are clearly stated on the sign at the entrance. Chances are, those "obviously fit around 30's" are as equally entitled to the queue as you are. Perhaps that is why the immigration officers allow them to pass? I have been through those fast track queues more times that I can recall and I have seen some people rejected who were not entitled and yes, the officers do check your docs. On the way in, you will not even get through the door of fast track since they have staff posted outside to check for qualifying docs.

I suggested that if your back and legs hurt too much to endure ten minutes max of waiting, you can significantly reduce your waiting time by getting a wheelchair and relaxing. But no, you don't want to do that. Alternatively then, perhaps politely ask one of those in front of you if you can step in front of them because you are in pain. Arbitrarily cutting the queue to the front is not going to earn you or other over 70s any sympathy or respect; however,  by being "special" and a demonstrably "grumpy old fart", cutting the queue will likely get you some unhappy looks and grumbling.

I suggest you first note the difference between the 'over 70's, pregnant women and women with very young children line' and the business class and fast track line.

Really, it's not often you are right, but in this case you're wrong again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I suggest you first note the difference between the 'over 70's, pregnant women and women with very young children line' and the business class and fast track line.

Really, it's not often you are right, but in this case you're wrong again.

Isn't that the same line?  I use the airport a lot and I've never seen a separate line just for over 70s, pregnant women and children line - only the same "Priority Lane" that also entitles business class, first class, BOI company employees, diplomats, aircrew etc.  It's all in one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Isn't that the same line?  I use the airport a lot and I've never seen a separate line just for over 70s, pregnant women and children line - only the same "Priority Lane" that also entitles business class, first class, BOI company employees, diplomats, aircrew etc.  It's all in one.

SVB it's a different line. I either use it or business line depending on the flight time really. Over 3 or 4 hours flight I'll go business, if only a couple  of hours to neighbouring countries then no real need for business class.

29 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Priority lanes are one and the same. Here is a photo of the sign at the entrance to the Priority Lane at departures in one of the main departures halls. Note the agent at the door checking for appropriate docs.

30479902053_df826478ea_c.jpg.41c4aa12ccd62a5debf0b5db1ea8538d.jpg

There is also what is termed a "Premium Lane", which is located midway between the two main halls. This one does not specifically state that "over 70" is allowed, but I suspect that if you were over 70 and hobbled up to the door, they would allow you in. Here is a photo of that sign and note that there are also staff at this entrance checking for appropriate docs:

image.png.59fc09701c396970931d7efc0a17010f.png

While the signs do not state "First and Business Class", those passengers are also allowed.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, bubba said:

Priority lanes are one and the same. Here is a photo of the sign at the entrance to the Priority Lane at departures in one of the main departures halls. Note the agent at the door checking for appropriate docs.

30479902053_df826478ea_c.jpg.41c4aa12ccd62a5debf0b5db1ea8538d.jpg

There is also what is termed a "Premium Lane", which is located midway between the two main halls. This one does not specifically state that "over 70" is allowed, but I suspect that if you were over 70 and hobbled up to the door, they would allow you in. Here is a photo of that sign and note that there are also staff at this entrance checking for appropriate docs:

image.png.59fc09701c396970931d7efc0a17010f.png

While the signs do not state "First and Business Class", those passengers are also allowed.

Careful when using google images. Any pictures showing "Premium Lane" are old as they have all been updated (inbound and outbound) to "Priority Lane" with the full 10 (or 11) passenger qualifications listed.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thanks 1