Thai"friendly"....share your insight.

moontang

I recently started chatting with an attractive 43yo lady from bkk who has a masters degree in something or other. Within the first one or two messages she said:

'If you want to meet a good lady here you must buy condo in good area. I think you can buy it. It no expensive estimate 15 million baht and up. If you want to rent 45,000 to 60,000 baht if comfortable for you.'

She was not gold digging (joke) as she went on to say:

I think you should buy condo not a house. if you problems here you can sell it and go home. Many Thai lady good or not good. and they must take care of them family. and Thai people big family too. Please don't expect more. I hope you luck find.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, OzMan said:

I recently started chatting with an attractive 43yo lady from bkk who has a masters degree in something or other. Within the first one or two messages she said:

'If you want to meet a good lady here you must buy condo in good area. I think you can buy it. It no expensive estimate 15 million baht and up. If you want to rent 45,000 to 60,000 baht if comfortable for you.'

slightly off-topic here, but this reminds me that the disparity in Thailand between the cost of houses and of condos is probably 90% due to the fact that farang cannot buy houses except via marriage.

It occurs to me that this is one facet of Thai law that many other countries could copy, especially areas of  the EU and USA and Canada, where housing prices in some cities are silly beyond all reason.  

It is very difficult to get accurate statistics about buyers of property, but many people suspect that it is not natives who push up the price of housing.

46 minutes ago, OzMan said:

I think you should buy condo not a house. if you problems here you can sell it and go home. Many Thai lady good or not good. and they must take care of them family. and Thai people big family too. Please don't expect more. I hope you luck find.

"I think you can buy it. It no expensive estimate 15 million baht and up". Definitely too rich for my pocket. I think this lady has had experience with some well healed farangs.

"I think you can buy it. It no expensive estimate 15 million baht and up". Definitely too rich for my pocket. I think this lady has had experience with some well healed farangs.

Probably copied off a friend, just like all homework/assignments/Thesis completed in school/Uni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, blazes said:

slightly off-topic here, but this reminds me that the disparity in Thailand between the cost of houses and of condos is probably 90% due to the fact that farang cannot buy houses except via marriage.

It occurs to me that this is one facet of Thai law that many other countries could copy, especially areas of  the EU and USA and Canada, where housing prices in some cities are silly beyond all reason.  

It is very difficult to get accurate statistics about buyers of property, but many people suspect that it is not natives who push up the price of housing.

Miami

4 hours ago, blazes said:

After I divorced I wanted to move into a flat in decent part of London, but I never did. Couldn't bring myself to thrown money down the toilet like that. Rents were about £40k p.a. You'd have to earn £80k before tax to pay for your rent, let alone other living expenses....just insanity !

After I divorced I wanted to move into a flat in decent part of London, but I never did. Couldn't bring myself to thrown money down the toilet like that. Rents were about £40k p.a. You'd have to earn £80k before tax to pay for your rent, let alone other living expenses....just insanity !

London’s just for foreign owners now, mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One recurring theme here is that the gold-digging in BKK is at critical mass.  Red flag, and move on.  Women talking about income and housing that is way out of their league?  I wont be falling for that....and I wouldn't want to have enough room for any of her deadbeat relatives to move into....would never pay ridiculous taxes on a luxury car, and feel a lot safer on the bus around town...and hate having to park.  Seems like the nurses may be the best bet...1) weary of thai man 2) educated 3) responsible 4) often good looking.....closest 711 to the closest hospital...shift change....now that is a gold mine..go ahead, have a few..she will find out soon enough.  The perfect type lady to give the business card to...lots of them are in 30-50 age range....kids are grown, husband is gone...(not necessarily in that order).  She probably just wants a Labrador to warm up to on these chilly BKK nights coming up....but her condo doesn't allow "dawks," and a farang is cheaper, and might even have good aircon.

5 hours ago, OzMan said:

I came her for various reasons, not just women, but in all honesty I'd rather date a Chinese woman to a Thai any day of the week. 

12 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

They probably think you're a country member.

Isn't that how a long forgotten politician began his election speech.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am a country member".

Several of the audience in unison replied. "Yes, we remember".

2 hours ago, moontang said:

A ton of chinese girls in CM and none playing with farang.....they beat the farang girls by miles, but it seems like something is missing....many have their families close by.

Yes.  They have good jobs, money and are traveling do not need falang.

Also, been reading some articles how many young people in developed Asian counties prefer to be alone. More then ever not getting married or even have a bf or gf. They described it as enjoying solitude.

As I get older I find myself doing the same.  Some golf buddies and an hour or so of female company seems more then satisfying.

2 hours ago, britishjohn said:

I came her for various reasons, not just women, but in all honesty I'd rather date a Chinese woman to a Thai any day of the week. 

Why?

Not me.  I think they are colder and less attractive and mostly do not like their bodies.  They have an odd shape it seems many more attractive Thais I think. And older Chinese women look hideous.

One other thing if they opened their mouth and started speaking Chinese it would make me insane.  I can tolerate hearing Thai but for some reason hearing Chinese, makes me sick.

28 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

My wife has her Master's inside of her occasionally.  Oh, oh, sorry I thought you were talking about her master's appendage, missed the missing apostrophe.

Does she know she is getting the GED version?

Haha, joking sorry could not resist.

52 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Why?

Not me.  I think they are colder and less attractive and mostly do not like their bodies.  They have an odd shape it seems many more attractive Thais I think. And older Chinese women look hideous.

One other thing if they opened their mouth and started speaking Chinese it would make me insane.  I can tolerate hearing Thai but for some reason hearing Chinese, makes me sick.

Each to their own I guess. I dated a few mainland chinese in the Uk who hadn't been in the country long. They were smarter, more honest, and had considerably less sexual history than many Thai women and as a result I felt enjoyed it more. Lookswise I prefer them too. I did a year Mandarin course and found it a lot easier than learning Thai. I enjoyed hearing them talk dirty in Chinese....

34 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

Each to their own I guess. I dated a few mainland chinese in the Uk who hadn't been in the country long. They were smarter, more honest, and had considerably less sexual history than many Thai women and as a result I felt enjoyed it more. Lookswise I prefer them too. I did a year Mandarin course and found it a lot easier than learning Thai. I enjoyed hearing them talk dirty in Chinese....

OK, no problem I understand.

But, then why are you here dating Thai girls and seemingly not having your preferred results.

Not trying to start something with you, just saying.

I traveled all around and moved here because I feel Thai girls are the best for me.

You only go around once so if they are so much better, why be here and possibly settle for a women who is down on your list?  Or, maybe hit up the Chinese dating sites must be tons of ladies on them.

1 hour ago, britishjohn said:

They were smarter, more honest, and had considerably less sexual history than many Thai women

I always assumed those with a sexual history, would probably have a sexual future, while the 'relatively untouched' were unlikely to change much.

The number of men looking for 'virgins' then complaining when they don't get much sex from them ..................... I prefer a sure thing.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always assumed those with a sexual history, would probably have a sexual future, while the 'relatively untouched' were unlikely to change much.

The number of men looking for 'virgins' then complaining when they don't get much sex from them ..................... I prefer a sure thing.

no doubt, I have talked to a few women who claimed to be virgins, some over 25.. they seemed to act like it was something i should cherish but I absolutely do not

what would I do with a girl that has absolutely no experience, is shy and "scared" about everything.. 

I had one at 17, couldn't tell the difference because it was my first time too but we stayed 10 years together.. then had another one at 33 and nope.

I heard quite a few times that women were selling their virginity to some men (not related to Thailand) but when the last one talked about this rubbish I told her that she should pay ME to teach her all this stuff.

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

As I get older I find myself doing the same.  Some golf buddies and an hour or so of female company seems more then satisfying.

Or so. 15 minutes is my rule. Find girl, find dumpster, walk behind, drop drawers, count to 3, wipe it off (i try to surreptitiously use her clothes), wave by by and head out to take more pics of temples. 

9 hours ago, moontang said:

A ton of chinese girls in CM and none playing with farang.....they beat the farang girls by miles, but it seems like something is missing....many have their families close by.

I do have a soft spot for the china dolls in the dresses, I did meet 2 cute japanese gals out n about....

But still trying to crack the china--or even asian code....

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

OK, no problem I understand.

But, then why are you here dating Thai girls and seemingly not having your preferred results.

Not trying to start something with you, just saying.

I traveled all around and moved here because I feel Thai girls are the best for me.

You only go around once so if they are so much better, why be here and possibly settle for a women who is down on your list?  Or, maybe hit up the Chinese dating sites must be tons of ladies on them.

Well I guess for a start the scales are gradually falling off my eyes since I moved here. But there other reasons to move here, certain fiscal benefits and I could imagine living in China to be a struggle at times. There would be a considerable language barrier that I don't experience here. 

48 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

Was chatting to a friend yesterday, he claims that in virtually every couple where the woman is better looking than the guy, it's costing him...would you agree with that ?

Nope.

Was chatting to a friend yesterday, he claims that in virtually every couple where the woman is better looking than the guy, it's costing him...would you agree with that ?

No, but a big age difference and I would say yes. 

Ha.  She could still be ugly nobody wants her, just the dude is uglier...

On 9/4/2018 at 10:10 AM, moontang said:

I met some Malaysians who were miles ahead of the chinese....but the chinese girls are some of the few looking good in circus pants,,,

Love them in the sun dresses and big hats...some seem to get all dolled up to go crazy shopping at Maya mall.

Or the super short shorts and the mid riff shirts I certainly dont mind either......as they we chat walkie talkies....

2 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Love them in the sun dresses and big hats...some seem to get all dolled up to go crazy shopping at Maya mall.

Or the super short shorts and the mid riff shirts I certainly dont mind either......as they we chat walkie talkies....

Malaysia seems too be quite a bit more liberal than Mainland, pretty notable considering they just whooped a couple of butches.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:09 AM, britishjohn said:

You do make a valid point and too add:

Any young half decent looking desirable women can find male partners, either for relationships or for sexual gratification within very short times. They can literally go out and pull guys within minutes, and this is no exaggeration. I can remember back in my young years having a date with a not beautiful, but a very sexy looking young girl I used to work with. She wore a flimsy top blouse and miniskirt. At first I couldn`t believe my luck and thought how lucky I was. We went to a wine bar (her choice) and throughout the evening all the guys were ogling her and when I went to use the toilet only away a few minutes, returned and there were 2 guys trying to chat her up. I was literally fighting the guys off all that evening.

If you have an average looking guy in a relationship with a young desirable woman, she will always have an advantage over him for reasons I have mentioned above. If the guy fails to keep her happy and contented, she has many options to find someone else. Guaranteed she could meet other guys online within a few hours.

So if you`re an average looking man or an older man, if you choose to get involved with pretty young women, expect to flash out the cash, and even then there are no guarantees she`ll remain loyal.   

Going back to the subject of Thai Friendly, unless you are a financially generous hansum young man, then you may have more chance aiming for the ugly women or older types. That`s why for me, a man in his early 60s, I don`t consider that those dating sites are representing me, all I`m likely to meet are desperate older women looking for support for their old age or younger women looking for mugs to help boost up their bank account balances.

Archived