Video: Who is this foreign thief? Western woman steals Thai's camera

webfact

5 hours ago, Nemo. said:

But you forget in Thai culture the scammer is considered intelligent and the scammed as stupid as a Buffalo. Not a police matter as caveat emptor.

Stealing a phone is theft.

But you forget in Thai human culture the scammer is considered intelligent, and the scammed as stupid as a Buffalo. Not a police matter as caveat emptor.

Stealing a phone is theft.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, bsdthai said:

Yep Thais never get in trouble. Ive lost vehicles and forced to move house a couple times. Just the other day i had people intentionally lighting fires behind our house in the hopes of causing damage but i had to pay 2000thb because my dog "might" have bit one of the guys even when it just looked like a pimple on the guys ass.

just had some weirdo probably a drug addict throwing rocks at my german shephards while there in my property but apparently its ok. Maybe hes learnt that he can get money from us thanks to police laziness, racism and corruption. wonder what would happen if i went and threw rocks at the neighbours dogs. id be deported probably. This country is screwed up.

Totally agree.

After 9 years in Thailand I am leaving.

The last straw was last week when I went to my local Farang-joint. A wealthy Thai businessman who for some strange reason frequents the place (I think the main reason he comes is it's on his way home from work, and his marriage seems to be a lost cause) was sitting alone. I sat down with him. He was drunk. He immediately started attacking me. - Do you pay tax to Thailand!??! - Dont say anything bad about Thailand!!

- Farang women get very ugly and fat when they get old.

Then he continued with this:

- Why do Farangs come to Thailand!? - Farangs only come to Thailand because alcohol is cheap and to buy prostitutes.

All in a very abusive way. He seemed to be very angry.

You get the drift....

Needless to say he loves you know who (all of them)

F... this shit. I'll send you guys a postcard from my new home.

Cheers

Edited by MartinBangkok
Addition
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, MartinBangkok said:

Totally agree.

After 9 years in Thailand I am leaving.

The last straw was last week when I went to my local Farang-joint. A wealthy Thai businessman who for some strange reason frequents the place (I think the main reason he comes is it's on his way home from work, and his marriage seems to be a lost cause) was sitting alone. I sat down with him. He was drunk. He immediately started attacking me. - Do you pay tax to Thailand!??! - Dont say anything bad about Thailand!!

- Farang women get very ugly and fat when they get old.

Then he continued with this:

- Why do Farangs come to Thailand!? - Farangs only come to Thailand because alcohol is cheap and to buy prostitutes.

All in a very abusive way. He seemed to be very angry.

You get the drift....

Needless to say he loves you know who (all of them)

F... this shit. I'll send you guys a postcard from my new home.

Cheers

Please don't leave ??

1 minute ago, MartinBangkok said:

Sorry to disappoint you

I've been attacked and forced into conversations such as the one you had with the wealthy thai man.

One time I was even forced to gamble on a pool game after I denied several times and said I don't gamble I only play pool for fun. I had to run from that bar and never returned. 

These things happen.

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

she does need to be arrested for petty thief. and held until the court date. and blacklisted. that should fix her.

3 strokes of the cane should fix things!

• Thanks 1

I don't think that this was a theft, more of an attempt to remove any item that could possibly capture in picture form something nobody really wants to see. Its just a pity that the CCTV camera didn't get pinched too, although this was probably it's last act before it joined all the others in the CCTV graveyard. 

We should actually spare a moment to think about the poor CCTV camera and how brave it was, alas poor CCTV camera I knew him not at all.....

I would think they are Russians , I see so many young Russians walking around or hanging in cheap coffee shops , what is their work ? They stay here for months or years, Looking for easy money .  

I really hope they catch them  .

8 hours ago, TPI said:

Cannot abide a thief, you can make an excuse for a murderer, there is no excuse for a thief!

Seriously your family would be happy to see you murdered rather than your house burgled or your car stolen ?

Possessions have more value than life?

Amazing

15 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Odd that they don't show the footage of the woman (or whoever) actually taking the camera. All I could see was that she had something in her hand when the footage started and she put it into her fanny pouch that she had around her neck/shoulder.

A 2,000 baht Polaroid camera ? Having a quick look on Lazada and PowerBuy - not a lot of Polaroids for 2,000 (or less).3 in PowerBuy. 4 on MyBestBuy and Lazada - they can't get their **** together if it was handed to them in vacumm-sealed packages. Search for "Polaroid Instant Camera" and get 5,054 hits. Tell the list (of 5,054 hits) to sort by Lowest to Highest and the total drops to 2,716 items. Set maximum price limit to 2,200 baht and get 798 hits. Scroll through 10 of 20 pages of items, not one single "Instant Camera" but lots of water kettles, photo albums, mini-camera and "endoscope" camera attachments for telephones.

You have a lot of time on your hands. 

?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

she does need to be arrested for petty thief. and held until the court date. and blacklisted. that should fix her.

i agree with u petty theft blacklist her is enough,  they are all in on it ' looking around to make sure she's not seen all guilty all 3 of them should be blacklisted

Edited by Mad mick
error
  • Like 1

This footage shows sweet FA. If she picked up a camera and took it show the footage. 

cut out all the opinionated self serving dramatic scenes of police stations and recreations of the crime and all you have left is film of a girl with what may have been a camera already on her lap. She then shuffles other bits and pieces around and puts it in her bag. It doesn't show her taking it from anywhere. 

Min amazed they didn't bring in the SWAT team with sniffer dogs to hunt down this international crime gang. 

The footage just shows a woman sorting her stuff out before she leaves. 

Wow - 6 pages already.

Why don't they show the CCTV footage of the camera owner leaving the shop and forgetting the camera on the table ? Most girls I know wouldn't leave a 5 baht coin on the table if I got up before them, let alone a camera (but it happens I suppose).

I'm almost wondering if one of the staff maybe had their eyes on the camera and got P.O.'d when the foreign woman beat them to it. Surely they'd have noticed the camera sitting at an empty table for 1 1/2 hours.  

2 hours ago, Penicillin said:

You have a lot of time on your hands. 

?

I do ! One of the perks of being retired ! 

(To be honest it took like 3 minutes to find the prices, including dicking around on Lazada so it wasn't like I spent all morning on it.)

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Wow - 6 pages already.

Why don't they show the CCTV footage of the camera owner leaving the shop and forgetting the camera on the table ? Most girls I know wouldn't leave a 5 baht coin on the table if I got up before them, let alone a camera (but it happens I suppose).

I'm almost wondering if one of the staff maybe had their eyes on the camera and got P.O.'d when the foreign woman beat them to it. Surely they'd have noticed the camera sitting at an empty table for 1 1/2 hours.  

I do ! One of the perks of being retired ! 

(To be honest it took like 3 minutes to find the prices, including dicking around on Lazada so it wasn't like I spent all morning on it.)

? 

• 2 months later...
On 7/24/2018 at 2:03 PM, sahibji said:

with due respects sammieuk 1 would you recommend similar punishment for a Thai who did a similar act.

follow the law - there are penalties for theft. it is definitely not 10 years.

Ever heard of irony Mr S?

On 7/24/2018 at 1:22 PM, kcpattaya said:

I was skimmed for over THB 300,000 by Thai scammers - Brought all the evidence PLUS address and copy of ID to report with the police.
NOTHING happened. NOTHING.
Here a THB 2,000 phone is missing.... Something's not right.

On 7/24/2018 at 1:38 PM, Falcon said:

Huge difference there for the police mind, YOU are a foreigner so can afford to ‘lose’ the money as you can easily get more, this is a thai. It’ll never change here no matter what unfortunately.

More like huge difference there for the police because the skimmer had 300,000 baht while this one has a camera, it is clear which one has the best chance of making a getaway.

On 7/24/2018 at 1:22 PM, kcpattaya said:

I was skimmed for over THB 300,000 by Thai scammers - Brought all the evidence PLUS address and copy of ID to report with the police.
NOTHING happened. NOTHING.
Here a THB 2,000 phone is missing.... Something's not right.

I used a dodgy atm machine back in 2009ish and the first card didn't work so I tried another and it worked

Both cards were skimmed or cloned and lost about £5-6k from both and  Thai police said talk to your bank 

The banks tried to blame me and say that it was impossible unless I Told someone my pin (didn't 1000%)

My case didn't get near as much attention as this Polaroid... ????