UK child poverty rose last year as welfare cuts bite: thinktank

webfact

8 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Doubtful

I do not think any of those ravaged by '' Poverty '' have money stashed away in tax avoidance schemes.

Whether that money could be used to address '' Poverty '' is a whole different discussion.

Where as we could look at the £25 Billion that the UK taxpayer hands over to the EU and in Foreign Aid each year and ask if that money could be better spent in the UK.

We’ll soon find out, if you get your wishes, if the money sent to the EU has an impact on UK poverty.

I look forward to discussing that when/if the time comes.

Published by the LSE ( We all know who loves the LSE ? ) on 24 March 2018

While poverty in the UK has declined since 2012 – when the UK had a higher poverty rate than most EU member states – progress is now at risk following policy changes in the 2017 Autumn Budget. 

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/how-poor-is-poor-the-many-dimensions-of-poverty-in-the-uk/

It also spells out quite clearly how '' Poverty '' is difficult to define and very difficult to address.

When I was young, the husband was regarded as the bread winner, these days it too easy to get money without working, therefore the government becomes the bread winner. People need to take responsibility for there own misery and stop blaming everyone else.

Edited by vogie
  • Confused 1