Britain must move in Brexit negotiations, Germany says

webfact

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

My memory is clearly different to your memory of events. ?

But putting this aside and even if I accepted your version of events, it's  amazing that the 'experts' (pundits) managed to get it so wrong - especially when (according to you), pollsters were telling them something different!

Sterling rose shortly before the referendum as the 'experts' (on which so many rely....) were convinced the result would be 'remain' - only to crash immediately after.  Clearly the 'financial experts' didn't have a clue....

Why on earth would anyone continue to trust these 'experts' - that managed to get pretty much everything so very wrong prior to the referendum result??

There is a wealth of evidence to suggest that this was all an orchestrated scam of the markets in order to capitalise on that crash. Carole Cadwalladr from the Guardian has written extensively on it, but, in a nutshell, it would appear that polling companies were giving out free data to the TV channels that suggested Remain had won, while, at the same time, giving far more accurate predictions of Leave winning to VoteLeave - for which they paid a 7-figure fee.

When Farage appeared on TV as the polls closed, he declared solemnly that Remain had won, but there is speculation that he actually knew better, but was prepping the markets for when the results would actually be announced. As it turns out, his buddies made off with several hundred million in the morning when the truth was revealed.

So maybe you are right - maybe we shouldn't trust pollsters at all...

7 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

What do you mean ?  Germany's caused so much death and grief in the last century that if you can't see the influence they're having in the EU including trying to form another Army under the name of the EU, then i suggest a little more water with your grouse.........

Last century UK used to be a world superpower.. Last century our homes were mostly using gas and candles to lighten our homes.. last century...

15 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

But putting this aside and even if I accepted your version of events, it's  amazing that the 'experts' (pundits) managed to get it so wrong - especially when (according to you), pollsters were telling them something different!

Sterling rose shortly before the referendum as the 'experts' (on which so many rely....) were convinced the result would be 'remain' - only to crash immediately after.  Clearly the 'financial experts' didn't have a clue....

Why on earth would anyone continue to trust these 'experts' - that managed to get pretty much everything so very wrong prior to the referendum result??

Putting aside the mathematical fact that all statistically derived predictions have an inbuilt margins of uncertainty  you’re forgetting the pre-Referrendum polls did not simply measure intention to vote Leave or Remain.

They also included an estimate of  ‘Undecided’.

Thankfully we do not need to rely on individual memory, the boys and girls at the FT have published some nice poll summaries, including this chart:

B86AD381-4200-4218-A9E8-51F9AD7A5212.png

Edited by Chomper Higgot

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

They could invade England.

Wouldn't be the first time by many of the EU members which always made me wonder why UK wanted to join, when have fully agreed with any of them.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

When you say ‘we bombed them flat’, are you claiming to have personally taken part in that, or are you simply dragging up some trite jingoistic garbage?

Not personally, but my father sank and killed quite a few Germans, Italians and Japanese as well....... Does that count ? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Not personally, but my father sank and killed quite a few Germans, Italians and Japanese as well....... Does that count ? 

Absolutely not! ?

You can be proud of your fathers work, but you can not claim any credit for it.

What a stupid idea.

44 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

What do you mean ?  Germany's caused so much death and grief in the last century that if you can't see the influence they're having in the EU including trying to form another Army under the name of the EU, then i suggest a little more water with your grouse.........

And we have all lived peacefully for the last 70 years. Unlike any previous period in European history. I doubt you have spent much time in Germany during this period. Harking back to Britain's finest hour is indeed pathetic.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Putting aside the mathematical fact that all statistically derived predictions have an inbuilt margins of uncertainty  you’re forgetting the pre-Referrendum polls did not simply measure intention to vote Leave or Remain.

They also included an estimate of  ‘Undecided’.

Thankfully we do not need to rely on individual memory, the boys and girls at the FT have published some nice poll summaries, including this chart:

B86AD381-4200-4218-A9E8-51F9AD7A5212.png

A graph from the ft (who, IIRC came out with the 'line' that a no deal brexit would result in uk airports shutting down for a couple of months?) showing their amalgamation of pollsters' forecasts??

Edit - But I do agree that the 'undecideds' were probably part of the reason why pollsters managed to get it so wrong.  IMO Osborne's ridiculous, but promised, punishment budget in the event of a leave vote probably annoyed a few of the undecided enough to vote leave.

Edited by dick dasterdly

19 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

A graph from the ft (who, IIRC came out with the 'line' that a no deal brexit would result in uk airports shutting down for a couple of months?) showing their amalgamation of pollsters' forecasts??

Edit - But I do agree that the 'undecideds' were probably part of the reason why pollsters managed to get it so wrong.  IMO Osborne's ridiculous, but promised, punishment budget in the event of a leave vote probably annoyed a few of the undecided enough to vote leave.

The pollsters did not get it wrong, the final result is precisely within the range of possibles when the undecided votes are distributed across Remain and Leave. 

Regardless, '48:52, is not finished business, by a long way'

• Haha 2

The pollsters did not get it wrong, the final result is precisely within the range of possibles when the undecided votes are distributed across Remain and Leave. 

Regardless, '48:52, is not finished business, by a long way'
Unfinished business in long way, care to elaborate?

I see the peoplesvote' is on another anti Brexit rant on twitter today, reference final deal.

Sad bunch.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Unfinished business in long way, care to elaborate?

I see the peoplesvote' is on another anti Brexit rant on twitter today, reference final deal.

Sad bunch.

Read and be reminded.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

• Like 1

1 hour ago, citybiker said:

A 2 year old Mirror article, Really?

I've watched quite a few Farage & EU videos since then, it's called progress, perhaps remainers still struggle to grasp this concept but the world moves forward.

Replaced unfinished with ongoing Brexit negotiations.

Because all the atoms  in his body have been replaced and therefore it's now a different Nigel Farage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, citybiker said:

A 2 year old Mirror article, Really?

I've watched quite a few Farage & EU videos since then, it's called progress, perhaps remainers still struggle to grasp this concept but the world moves forward.

Replaced unfinished with ongoing Brexit negotiations.

I'm not sure what this progress you refer to is.

The whole Brexit process is bogged down, a cluster of chaos going nowhere.

I'm not sure what this progress you refer to is.

The whole Brexit process is bogged down, a cluster of chaos going nowhere.

Cluster of chaos, we must be witnessing different negotiations then ;-)

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Cluster of chaos, we must be witnessing different negotiations then ?

Yeah really fed up with all the many UK brexit threads on TV will bail out until March next year.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 9:52 AM, bert bloggs said:

We do not need to do anything ,because the E.U will always say no ,so as we are about to get in the lifeboat leaving them behind , lets see what they offer so they dont drown .

One day the leavers will get their heads out of the sand, they are too busy with theoretical garbage to actually pay attention to what is going on. They all blamed Airbus for scaremongering without paying attention to what was being said.

After withdrawal the UK will cease to participate in the activities of EASA and consequently the UK Civil Aviation Authority will no longer need to ensure compliance by UK-based companies with the EU aviation safety legislation.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/brexit-negotiations