Phuket drinking session turns deadly as man stabs drinking buddy in heated argument

Jonathan Fairfield

Phuket drinking session turns deadly as man stabs drinking buddy in heated argument
By Eakkapop Thongtub

p1.jpg

PHUKET: Police have arrested a man who stabbed his drinking buddy, killing him, outside a grocery store in Baan Don, in central Phuket, last night [Friday].

Police were called to the scene, across from the fresh market in Baan Don, in Moo 4, Thepkrasattri, in Thalang, just after 8pm last night.

The officers along with Kusoldharm rescue workers arrived to find Kittisak Chukun, 41, from Hat Yai in Songkhla, unconscious and unresponsive on the ground.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-drinking-session-turns-deadly-as-man-stabs-drinking-buddy-in-heated-argument-68048.php#sMetYg3IIRbCI0Yg.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-07-28

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

And I thought Friday was an 'alcohol-free' day in honour of HM's birthday and the onset of Buddhist Lent!  I suppose no one had informed these two!

• Like 1

While I’m not a fan of loss of life period, I do think there is some measure of personal responsibility in that if you choose to get drunk and by extension, can’t control yourself, where you go, who you choose to interact with and how you chose to interact, then there can be consequences.  

I’m not minimizing the actions of the alleged stabber, but can’t also find a  wholly fault-free path of the deceased either.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BEngBKK said:

I am sure thingse like this this happens all over the world where there are uneducated poor people...

At least we do not have so many people going into the schools with automatic rifles and.........

Australians usually have a punch up then make up

• Like 1

16 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

It's been going on forever here and will continue evermore.   My deceased Father-in-Law killed a Man in exactly the same circumstances back in 1938 when he was just 18.   He was given 9 years in Prison, served just 5 and life went on for him as if nothing had happened.

When i asked him about it some years back he said he was so drunk he never knew what he'd done until he woke up at the Police Station the next day.   He never showed any remorse for what he had done, as he had no recollection of it !     Empathy towards another persons family here seems to be non-existent.

He might have experienced what's known as an "alcoholic-blackout"? No recollection etc.

Although never having done things like that, I'm currently on my own "boozing-reduction-program". Short-term memory loss is something that I've been experiencing.( I always regarded my very good memory as my very best asset!???). 

Memory loss is something that I'm experiencing several days after my last drink, I'm currently on day 4 of not drinking. I now own a car, so another good reason.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

And I thought Friday was an 'alcohol-free' day in honour of HM's birthday and the onset of Buddhist Lent!  I suppose no one had informed these two!

Whilst it was an alcohol "no-sell/buy" 2-days,  I'm sure the fridges across the land had been adequately stocked in the previous days in readiness for the festivities & killing spree.. either on the roads or else where!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

This would of been a lot less likely to happen if they had been smoking weed. 

Exactly, well said mate

Same issue in Ozz, legally one can drink 2 bottles of rum then beat the crapper out of someone but not allowed to have some choof and mellow out

Govt gets to much kickback from alcohol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GTgrizzly said:

Exactly, well said mate

Same issue in Ozz, legally one can drink 2 bottles of rum then beat the crapper out of someone but not allowed to have some choof and mellow out

Govt gets to much kickback from alcohol 

Its legal in Oz to beat the crap out of someone whilst drunk?!..im surprised about that being lawful.

6 hours ago, tattoodrob said:

Its legal in Oz to beat the crap out of someone whilst drunk?!..im surprised about that being lawful.

Sorry Rob probably wasn't worded right

I meant its legal to drink the rum not do the beating

I have seen some discussions lately, about violent crime here, relative to the US or Europe. The murder rate here is somewhat comparable to that within the US. However, here I think it tends to be alot less random, and you have alot of situations like these fools getting drunk, and killing each other. Most Thai on Thai. Mostly very small men, with no self esteem, who get drunk, and either get offended by a minor, perceived slight, or get in arguments over women, or money, or something equally stupid and petty, and end up killing each other over nothing relevant, or important. Just pure, unadulterated stupidity, and ignorance. Man children, who have the emotional development of a 13 year old, losing their minds due to a probable total lack of self esteem, consciousness, or awareness. 

Over the years, I have been exposed to alot of heavy drinkers. Drinking seems to relax inhibitions, and my opinion is that it sort of brings out one's true nature. Some drink and they get sweeter and funnier. Some drink and they just get mean and ugly. Regardless, alcohol is far more dangerous, and far less healthy for society, than most give it credit for.  

• Thanks 1