PM explains new principle in garbage disposal management

rooster59

PM explains new principle in garbage disposal management

prayut221260B.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha last night defended the new Cleanliness Act promulgated last year which empowers local administration organizations to manage garbage disposal with the private sector allowed to join in the undertaking.

In his weekly nationwide address, the prime minister explained a new principle recently endorsed by the cabinet which goes along this line – wherever garbage is generated, it must be disposed there.

Because of this new principle, he said garbage disposal project will be exempted from town and country planning law in the way that a garbage disposal facility can be built in “green” area.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-explains-new-principle-in-garbage-disposal-management/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-07-28
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

Maybe this lot need to visit Singapore and see first hand on how to dispose of rubbish and recyclables, but i guess thais know more than singaporeans. 

They should but won't, they have plenty of space to avoid the problem for years to come.

Interesting article below on the process you mentioned

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/a-rare-glimpse-into-the-processes-behind-singapore-s-waste-dispo-7960348

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Oztruckie said:

Maybe this lot need to visit Singapore and see first hand on how to dispose of rubbish and recyclables, but i guess thais know more than singaporeans. 

Singapore is half the area of Bangkok and has a little more than half the population of Bangkok.

The Singaporeans are certainly more organized than Thais, but as the saying goes, "where there's trash, there's cash" or as they say in Yorkshire,  "Where there's muck there's brass.".

Most of the garbage disposal /dumpster / bin contractors in N.& S. America have mob connections. 

maybe some enterprising Thai mafia types can start collecting garbage if they haven't already.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I thought it was already ...

926028478_IllegalGarbagedumpingSamuiDec2008002.JPG.6aca59d642df35a8b5dbe6b460befe3b.JPG

garbage_in_thailand_5.JPG.6b6b008c412f1340572dabb867c314d5.JPG

Small house construction contractors and the workers dumping anywhere they can. Do it here in Chiang Mai. I have actually yelled at different ones many times and took pictures to deter them. This and Thai people letting their dogs poo everywhere is a major problem. 

13 hours ago, coulson said:

They should but won't, they have plenty of space to avoid the problem for years to come.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/a-rare-glimpse-into-the-processes-behind-singapore-s-waste-dispo-7960348

Same process as the Edmonton plant in London that's been there since late 70's or early 80's at the latest.

Edited by overherebc

9 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Why is there a problem? Garbage here is the main ingredient for filling up low land to build on it. We all live on it. 

Some of you live on it. Unfortunately, living upcountry, I don't.

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:
1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Does that mean if I have a meal in a restaurant I can't leave until the food has passed through my system and 'deposited' in their facilities?

Or sky train.

There may be those who say we're talking out of our backsides, but I prefer to see it as following the government's lead.

• Haha 2

In his weekly nationwide address, the prime minister explained a new principle recently endorsed by the cabinet which goes along this line – wherever garbage is generated, it must be disposed there.

Did the Generals number two not have a very recent trouser filling calamity and the streets were cleared in anticipation for disposal the message has filtered down from his briefs very fast so far more to follow.?  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Thailand is a filthy country and the Thais are not educated nor bothered about it apparently.

They are only bothered when someone points it out and they lose face.

Yes agree. I told an old lady in Thai that her Overly Fat dogs were pooping everywhere on the street and on the sidewalk, and up on the walls on the side walks of peoples homes, She Said Law!  Today I found it out in front of my house. And this is a brand new housing development.Now it is going to become a fight. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kannot said:
3 hours ago, brucec64 said:

How does this apply to the garbage spewing out of his mouth every time he opens it?

Thats sewerage not garbage

Best suggestion for the location of this sewage treatment plant?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, coulson said:

Yep, seen it a few years ago, think it was on the YouTube channel

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Because of this new principle, he said garbage disposal project will be exempted from town and country planning law in the way that a garbage disposal facility can be built in “green” area.

I didn't realise he had principles. Obviously he does. It's just that they're monetarily flexible. 

• Like 1

"Because of this new principle, he said garbage disposal project will be exempted from town and country planning law in the way that a garbage disposal facility can be built in “green” area."

Google Translate strikes again?

I say anything (well, not anything!) to get the garbage trucks to stop sorting the garbage on city streets night - an operating that should occur in a central garbage processing facility. Oops, I guess there isn't one!

Ran across this fascinating and informative  "Trashopolis" television series - two seasons covering major cities. Here's the Berlin episode:

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1