Trump threatens U.S. government shutdown over border wall

webfact

19 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

Greatest President since Eisenhower! Thank you Mr. Trump! MAGA! 

I can see a connection there. Racist "trump" and his fantasy wall and heartless brutality separating children from parents. Ike and his infamous Project Wetback --

The dark, complex history of Trump's model for his mass deportation plan

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-trump-deportation-20151113-story.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, pegman said:

Shutdown the government prior to the mid-terms? Got to be a lot of Dem candidates with crossed fingers hoping he does it.

Whatever it takes to at least check the power of the "trump" wannabe fascist dictator. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Yeah. I am married to someone like that who thinks only in terms of winning, losing and getting their own way no matter what. An equitable solution? Shag that. 'I do what I want and you shut up about it' is her idea of equitable.

Now apply that to a huge powerful country and all of a sudden many millions round the world have a massive problem on their hands...

Hey, so my ex found a new husband after all!  :biggrin:

I had a wife that was one of these "bound for success" types, she knew she would succeed because she took classes for it, and was born to run things (pun intended).  And I see a lot of her arse-wise thinking in El Naranjo.  When something works out (even if it's something unspectacular) it is because she is a great leader, planner etc.  If something goes wrong it's someone else's fault.  Before I met her I never knowingly met such a person, and I've since learned they are a whole sub-species. And I do mean sub, and accumulating tons of $$$ does not elevate them.  And not just Americans, I've met plenty of Europeans, Asians et al who know what is best and cannot contain themselves when you disagree with them and do not do what they say. 

Remember, his priority is optics, as they say in media world -- it's not about what you do, it's what gets seen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

Hear hear!  Build that wall and keep all the damned Ryans and Justins from coming to the US and taking our celebrity jobs.

Build the wall, and make Peter Jennings and Alex Trebek pay for it!

Peter died and you forgot Celine.

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2018 at 12:53 PM, neeray said:

I did say "wannabe".

And now, from the latest news ............. The remains of Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame had been covered with plywood and traffic cones and ringed with yellow tape by Thursday, less than 48 hours after someone obliterated it with a pickax.

He is making a lot of enemies. No pickax required but he is doing a great job of dividing America.

Way to go Donald.

I think that he is empire building and that is why he admires Xi so much because he is dynasty building.  It is a wonder that he hasn't been associated with the word "insane" yet.

• Thanks 1