It’s up to Britain whether to extradite Yingluck: Gen Prayut

webfact

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Why do they keep bringing her back into the media attention ?? Are they gaining anything by doing this or just digging themselves more of a hole !!

Exactly- concentrate on f... up issues here before  you obsess about extradition. I could name countless issues.

Thailand does not want her, or her brother extradited. This has been clear since the very beginning. It is nothing but trouble for Tiny P., if either of them return. He is hugely unpopular, and they are hugely popular, to this day. No effort whatsoever is being made to have them returned. And even if Thailand requested that either the UK government or Interpol returned them, their request would be met with scorn, laughs and turned down in total. This administration, and Tiny P., simply have no credibility to the outside world.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

The Thai authorities has the upper hand here when it comes to extreditions of wanted people as Thailand is a harbor to several, if not many wanted or would be wanted by the UK authorities, so Thailand can play the tit for tat game here too if they they play their cards right...

And the Thai people will be the ones who suffer the consequences of any further crimes committed by the genuine criminals for whom they refuse extradition to the UK.  I doubt that the Brits are concerned that Yingluck might commit any crimes in the UK.

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Why do they keep bringing her back into the media attention ?? Are they gaining anything by doing this or just digging themselves more of a hole !!

it was the BBC that brought the story into the news

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

if however she does decide to return this will be the worst nightmare of the current government.

They have done their best to let her escape.

What a nightmare if she was sent back :biggrin:

And not even think what would happen if Mr. T. would sit in plane headed for Bangkok.

Martial law, curfew and airport sealed off.

T. taken away in a helicopter to an army camp.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

She will not be returning on an involuntary basis any time soon, if however she does decide to return this will be the worst nightmare of the current government. They would have to imprison one of the most popular political families right before an election.

This would result in large scale insurrection.

Wouldn't that be a lovely excuse to move the elections a few years forward.

1 hour ago, Chris Lawrence said:

What about 'Boss'.

Maybe its easy to pick on the girl in the playground?

I wonder if the generals even think they would get her extradited. I think its all for show they know their requests will fail. So they are not picking on her, just putting up a show.

The Boss, on that case they are intentionally stalling as everyone gets paid by him. 

Welcome to Thailand where money talks and B.S walks

I wonder how the cops feel that were directly involved not talking about those that are paid off but those effected who were friends and relatives. Do they just chalk it down as corruption going against them once instead of benefiting from it or would they now hate the system. I mean cops normally benefit from the corruption.

• Like 1

This would result in large scale insurrection

Absolutely agree with your comments. for Peace and Stability it is best she remain overseas at least for the time being. Imprisoning her would result in major civil unrest and certainly not in the best interests of the country. I suspect that truth be known, they let her flee in the first place because of this very reason. 

The request for repatriation may just be for show. I just couldn't imagine the repercussions of sending her to prison.

2 hours ago, Esso49 said:

It makes me wonder that the level of intellectual and legal knowledge by so many members on this forum is so low and it ends up just a forum for exposing their own prejudices.

Wow man, you've perfectly captured Thai Visa in one sentence.

Bravo.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jonclark said:

I would humbly point out that given the use of pronouns in Article 5 it only applies to males. YL has nothing to fear.

It also says, "His Majesty the King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and of the British Dominions  beyond the Seas, Emperor of India"  So, I guess Liz has even less to do with it.

It also says, "His Majesty the King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and of the British Dominions  beyond the Seas, Emperor of India"  So, I guess Liz has even less to do with it.

Maybe the General is planing on invading UK & India?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, they want her back, do they? I Would not mind either as she still is the best looking Pm I have ever seen? Sorry was just being a deviate But they won't send her back he knows that. While he is at it why don't he ask Britain to send back that murderer the Red Bull heir? Oh, don't mention him because Grandfather of this playboy props up the gov you lead by donating millions. Stop it Pm the English have sore sides from laughing at you. Oh while you are in the requesting mood How is that Monk who stole the temple money going in Germany?  The Monk you sent 13 people( including Police Chief) to go and get to take back to Thailand. The 12 you sent are probably still touring around Germany on taxpayers money with the Police Chief?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Maybe the General is planing on invading UK & India?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt it. The Thai Army could not even beat the Cambodian Army over the border temples conflict But might have slight chance if the subs arrive

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Oh, they want her back, do they? I Would not mind either as she still is the best looking Pm I have ever seen? Sorry was just being a deviate But they won't send her back he knows that. While he is at it why don't he ask Britain to send back that murderer the Red Bull heir? Oh, don't mention him because Grandfather of this playboy props up the gov you lead by donating millions. Stop it Pm the English have sore sides from laughing at you. Oh while you are in the requesting mood How is that Monk who stole the temple money going in Germany?  The Monk you sent 13 people( including Police Chief) to go and get to take back to Thailand. The 12 you sent are probably still touring around Germany on taxpayers money with the Police Chief?

What, you didn't get an erection every time you saw Maggie?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

“We have done our part in accordance with the law.  Whether she (Yingluck) will be sent back or not is the business of the foreign country (Britain).  Likewise, it  would be up to us to consider if we should send someone back to their country if there is a request for him.  There is no need for me to discuss with the British prime minister about this,” said the prime minister.

Bullsh*t  so nothing new here

2 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

There soon may be a vacancy available (or not) at the Embassy of Ecuador.

trouble is they have been 'once bitten...'     

first by our champion aussie redback

so second time around would've been by a champion redshirt

who has a list of all those other countries, that have offered their Passports?

Is there any country willing to extradite a "Genuine" Political Refugee to a military dictatorship (call it what ever you like)? This general is so full of it!

BTW: What's happening with Boss? Or are the brown paper bags still passing hands?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said today that it’s up to British police whether they would respond to the Thai Government’s request for an extradition of former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra

Well, it certainly isn't up to the Thai government, however much Prayut might wish it were.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jonclark said:

If holding on to wanted criminals - who potentially could cause harm to people in Thailand - is the upper hand? Well it must be a very weak hand. 

The big issue here is that Yingluvk alledgedly holds both Nicaragian and Montenegran passports. Even though she is clearly Thai

So if she entered on one of these passports then technically she is not Thai and this is supported by the fact her Thai passports have been revoked. So from a legal perspective Thailand is requesting the UK extradite a person from a third party country that is not covered by the extradition treaty that exisits between the UK and Thailand. 

My interpretation may be wrong but when my daughter who has dual cirizenship enters Thailand on her Thai passports she gets all the rights, privilages and protections that are afforded to Thais in Thailand and her UK passport is filed away. 

I would assume that if YL entered on one of her third party passports she would be afforded the protections those passports provide. 

You really think holding a different passport absolves anyone from a criminal conviction? Guess again. 

Oh we can't lock up Yingluck because she's Nicaraguan. 

All irrelevant anyway..... No way any shinawatra is coming back to Thai.