Best Bang for the Buck laptops

Eterno

11 hours ago, gaff said:

You are on the way to understand ❤️ Soon you will forget the stupid comments of the cheap charlies here, and buy a i7 ❤️

Very few people really NEED an i7. For most normal users an i3 or i5 is more than sufficient.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2018 at 5:21 AM, balo said:

Do Amazon ship directly to Thailand ? 

Yes. Not everything. Mine was here within 4 days. Ordered on Monday and received it at my doorstep on Friday 13:00.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 10:51 PM, balo said:

I am also looking for a laptop , under 25k , i7 processor if possible.   SSD disk . 

You won't get one under 25k with an SSD. You have to replace the S-ATA with an SSD. Look at my first post in this thread. It comes with an i7 7500.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Price 17,990

CPU :    
Intel

Processor :    
Core i5-8250U

Processor Speed :    
1.60 GHz up to 3.40 Ghz (6MB Cache)

Ram :    
4 GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM (1x4GB)

Storage :    
256 GB M.2 SSD

Display :    
14.0 "HD (1366x768) SVA BrightView WLED-backlit

Video Graphics :    
AMD Radeon 530 Graphics (2GB DDR3)

• Like 1

I am looking to buy this one for my daughter: Also SDD, only i3 BUT full HD screen, the HP in above post is only HD, not full HD and that is not acceptable to me. 19990 baht but I will likely update the RAM to 8. Win10 comes pre-installed.
https://shoponline.bananastore.com/product-detail/?productid=92671
They are both HD , what is the difference, resolution ? If I want to connect the laptop to my 55" TV via HDMI, will I notice any difference ?

Expect HD means 720p (improvement in US TV standards but not much so for most of the world which is far more advanced) and full HD means 1080p (what most of the world considers HD) so quite a lot of difference.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

full HD means 1080p (what most of the world considers HD) so quite a lot of difference.  

So if my TV support 1080p I can still connect the cheaper laptop ?

1 minute ago, balo said:

1080p would be the max - you can always run normal lower resolutions - most TV/cable here will not be 1080p and suspect you already view that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, balo said:

Only if the laptop supports full HD.

When I bought my 4k monitor I either had to upgrade the graphics card or get a new PC.

Since the PC was 8 years old, I desided to buy a whole new one.

• Like 1

Good post,

I will be done with my Job next month and return home.

The Lappy (acer) has done a good job beside:

I asked one of the biggest stores in Tuk Com Pattaya to install me a 2nd SSD hard-drive for most important files in my Job.

I had once the situation that I hit at an airport some obstacle and the common hard-drive was bugged incl all files. The SSD would have taken the punch for sure.

2 hrs Later the shop had modified the lappy and 4 hrs later the screen was black. I went back and got told I have to drive to Bangkok for repair, in this shop it would take 4-5 weeks to repair.. 

Not impressed or in anyway amused I swallowed all my swears and drove to  Bangkok. They took the SSD drive out and said its not designed for it.

Next time I should go to a professional dealer which TuK Com not provides.

No refund for the 9300 Baht SSD hard-drive which gave up its ghost at the shop in the center of the 3rd floor in Tuk com, coz its a Chinese model I got told.

They got my money in total 49000 and I a common acer Computer (don't misunderstand it works well now) so the only thing I could do was leaving while my wife made a riot there and told some potential customers what happened. 

Now I am looking for that specific Dealer who builds me my next working laptop and I don't mind put a 50 - 70k on the table as long its what I expected. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, See Will said:

Good post,

I asked one of the biggest stores in Tuk Com Pattaya to install me a 2nd SSD hard-drive for most important files in my Job.

I had once the situation that I hit at an airport some obstacle and the common hard-drive was bugged incl all files. The SSD would have taken the punch for sure.

2 hrs Later the shop had modified the lappy and 4 hrs later the screen was black. I went back and got told I have to drive to Bangkok for repair, in this shop it would take 4-5 weeks to repair.. 

Not impressed or in anyway amused I swallowed all my swears and drove to  Bangkok. They took the SSD drive out and said its not designed for it.

No refund for the 9300 Baht SSD hard-drive which gave up its ghost at the shop in the center of the 3rd floor in Tuk com, coz its a Chinese model I got told.

They got my money in total 49000 and I a common acer Computer (don't misunderstand it works well now) so the only thing I could do was leaving while my wife made a riot there and told some potential customers what happened. 

Now I am looking for that specific Dealer who builds me my next working laptop and I don't mind put a 50 - 70k on the table as long its what I expected. 

You were scammed.   Putting an SSD in a laptop would not make the screen fail, nor is there such a thing as a laptop not being 'designed' for an SSD.  It either fits inside or it doesn't, there is no such thing as compatibility causing an issue.   As for the SSD failing because its Chinese that's also ridiculous.

Find a friend who knows about computers next time.

• Thanks 1

"Everything" is made in China these days so they lied to you .  Just an excuse after they fuxxx up . 

I prefer to do any installations myself , but I used to work in the IT business. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, See Will said:

Good post,

googling  "laptop black screen  after second ssd install"  comes up with this very same problem and possible solutions 

Edited by atyclb

32 minutes ago, atyclb said:

googling  "laptop black screen  after second ssd install"  comes up with this very same problem and possible solutions 

I forgot, Google knows everything. Didn't come in my mind to check there. 

Cheers mate

Pity as the dealer in TuKCom who opened the computer and installed the SSD hard drive should have known better. He showed me the entire range from 3500 to 9900 Baht and then tells me it's not his problem that the acer service in Bangkok he sent me to,   took the smoked off hard drive back out, hence a big lie just to sell his computers.

After that he was not willing to take over the warranty repair (was still warranty even with the extra SSD installed he told) or pay a refund for the most expensive SSD he had because its Chinese made.. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, See Will said:

Cheers mate

Pity as the dealer in TuKCom who opened the computer and installed the SSD hard drive should have known better. He showed me the entire range from 3500 to 9900 Baht and then tells me it's not his problem that the acer service in Bangkok he sent me to,   took the smoked off hard drive back out, hence a big lie just to sell his computers.

After that he was not willing to take over the warranty repair (was still warranty even with the extra SSD installed he told) or pay a refund for the most expensive SSD he had because its Chinese made.. 

There is only 1 reliable place at Tukcom where to fix laptops, you should know it, this is why we have internet now...

50 minutes ago, See Will said:

Cheers mate

I have repaired, built and upgraded many computers. Sometimes a quirk or issue is unknown even to dealers and techs until they encounter it. In Thailand this is amplified multifold.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, See Will said:

Cheers mate

some laptops have a second empty ssd slot but dealer does not know.

Prices in Thailand high. I wait until back in Aus and buy there - much cheaper and better support (can call from Thailand).

These days you have to ship anything that seriously breaks anyway - so far I have had no major issue.

Acer and Lenovo are what I have used over the years and recommend - once had a Dell but it over heated and eventually fried itself.

13 hours ago, mitebbots said:

Has anyone seen any of the newer Chinese Gemini Lake N4100 laptops with Thai keyboard?

Jumper EZbook X4

Teclast F6

Chuwi Lapbook SE

Have seen positive reviews and videos on expanding storage. Are sold mail order so email them re keyboard

On 8/8/2018 at 5:18 PM, See Will said:

Pity as the dealer in TuKCom who opened the computer and installed the SSD hard drive should have known better.

Which dealer was this?

On 8/8/2018 at 5:43 PM, gaff said:

There is only 1 reliable place at Tukcom where to fix laptops, you should know it, this is why we have internet now...

Care to share something that may be useful? 

• Haha 1