Where is the best Bacon Sarnie

Nyezhov

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

Presumably you mean the British/Danish bacon rather than the strips of fat the Americans call bacon?

Ja. We don't do bacon sarnies in the Greatest Country on Earth, we do BLTs.the crispnness of the veggies compliment the fat. But...

I don't want a BLT. I want a real Bacon Sarnie. If I can't get one on BKk,doI need to go to Pattaya?

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Bacon butties as we call them from greater Manchester.....with fried egg and grilled tomato on top,AND a dash of HP/Daddies brown sauce....:thumbsup:

Yes. That's it. I tried making them in the USA with Canuck Bacon or even the obscure east coast Taylor Pork Roll but it isn't the same as that which you describe.

No offense to my Brit brothers but your food is mostly <deleted>...but for

Bacon Sarnies

Chip butties

Shepard Pie

Kidney Pie

Cornish Pies

Yummy

7 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yes. That's it. I tried making them in the USA with Canuck Bacon or even the obscure east coast Taylor Pork Roll but it isn't the same as that which you describe.

No offense to my Brit brothers but your food is mostly <deleted>...but for

Bacon Sarnies

Chip butties

Shepard Pie

Kidney Pie

Cornish Pies

Yummy

And what more can U want than those you have listed :whistling: ......ooh Corned Beef hash/tater pie....or a Wigan keebab :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Bacon is devil food....eat that crap and you will soon be dead....?

I have read somewhere that eating bacon regularly is harmful to your health but

grilled bacon is ok in moderation.

18 minutes ago, petermik said:

And what more can U want than those you have listed :whistling: ......ooh Corned Beef hash/tater pie....or a Wigan keebab :thumbsup:

Aaaah the Wigan  kebab......true British food....even mentioned in the Magna Carta I believe

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tryasimight said:

Aaaah the Wigan  kebab......true British food....even mentioned in the Magna Carta I believe

That's a Pie Kebab right?

Didn't they have some real bad football team in Wigan....like relegated just by coming out on the field ...wait

...pitch....

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Only Americans are arrogant enough to (wrongly) assume such a thing!???

It's ok...just remember if you ain't from the USA you only have a country because we let you have one....

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

It's ok...just remember if you ain't from the USA you only have a country because we let you have one....

Yes the Vietnamese know this only to well. 

By the way...... When did the US last actually win a war?  1945 ? According to Hollywood and John Wayne. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tryasimight said:

Yes the Vietnamese know this only to well. 

By the way...... When did the US last actually win a war?  1945 ? According to Hollywood and John Wayne. 

Depend on how ya define win.....you Aussies ain't living on ramen and screaming Hai, sumimasen are ya?

Do they make Marmitë Sanies

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Depend on how ya define win.....you Aussies ain't living on ramen and screaming Hai, sumimasen are ya?

Do they make Marmitë Sanies

I’d suggest winning is not getting your <deleted> kicked out of Vietnam 

1 hour ago, freebyrd said:

Hmm, I wonder if Thais living in the UK ask "where if the best Khao Pad Gai in London?"

Definitely. My wife and her University friends would always talk about Thai restaurants there ?

As for bacon in Bangkok, never found good stuff. The best bacon was at Dean & Deluca, they might make you a bacon sandwich even though it is not on the menu. 

Your best bet is to buy back bacon from Bunters or Sloanes and some bread from Holey Artisan or some other baker and make yourself.

Most of the good breakfast places use American bacon which aint the thing for a bacon butty.