A crime or a right? Some Danish Muslims defy face veil ban

webfact

On 8/2/2018 at 2:50 AM, BobBKK said:

In my view they do not have the right to go against cultural norms. This includes pooing in the street, making loud noises after 10pm and wearing something akin to a mask over their face. In their own homes, I agree, do what they want. I find that mask a little frightening I must say.

Danes also have the RIGHT to defend their cultural paradigm and norms.

Yes mr. Bob, ALL Danes.

On 8/2/2018 at 2:26 AM, Voodoochile said:

Having a passport doesn't change your race, culture, etc. it makes you a what I like to call "administrative citizen" but to be part of a country or a culture there is a lot more to it then a little book with your picture in it.

As a white european even if I were born and raised in lyberia (and passport) I wouldn't say i was an African. 

Give me a break and wake up..."Danish born citezens" who want nothing of Danish culture but rather impose their own and slowly will try to bring the country back to Barbarian times and laws like sharia law.

these people should not have been given citizenship in the first place that's where most European countries went wrong. And if you ask me if they want to keep their veil there citizenship should be revoked.

Based on what law? Yours?

On 8/15/2018 at 12:20 PM, bristolboy said:

Why should they have to compromise at all? They are not trespassing on your rights but only on your prejudices. And those are your problem.

If I owned a mall or supermarket, nobody would be allowed in wearing a burka, balaclava or anything similar 

Their race or creed is their choice,just as my security policy's are mine

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

If I owned a mall or supermarket, nobody would be allowed in wearing a burka, balaclava or anything similar 

Their race or creed is their choice,just as my security policy's are mine

Subject to the Rule of Law

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

No different if a premises has a sign that says, "no shirt, no shoes, no service". Why not a sign saying "no burkas"?

For one thing, that sign could be justified on the basis of public health. For another, that sign would be found in a private establishment - not a public space.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

For one thing, that sign could be justified on the basis of public health. For another, that sign would be found in a private establishment - not a public space.

13 countries have banned it to date, that's a good start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2018 at 2:54 AM, Bluespunk said:

It’s a veil not a mask. 

Its a full face veil that masks the face. And the idea of "Expressing Identity " by suppressing a person's identity behind a mask and identical uniforms is simply stupid.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 1:00 AM, Bluespunk said:

And who exactly are these women, defending their right to choose, imposing the veil upon?

Oh and if you read the article you will see some of those interviewed are Danish born citizens.

Not “guests” (whatever that means) but citizens defending their right to choose. 

Useful idiots

On 8/2/2018 at 1:38 AM, Bluespunk said:

The women born in Denmark and having Danish citizenship are Danish. 

To judge citizenship on faith, ethnicity or colour is wrong. 

All citizens have the right to protest their rights. 

To deny this right on the on the grounds of colour or faith is also wrong. 

Its not a religious statement. Its a political statement from militant culturally colonizing, Islamofascism

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The manic said:

Its a full face veil that masks the face. And the idea of "Expressing Identity " by suppressing a person's identity behind a mask and identical uniforms is simply stupid.

If it’s their choice, it’s no ones business but their own.

10 minutes ago, The manic said:

Its not a religious statement. Its a political statement from militant culturally colonizing, Islamofascism

I don’t care if it’s political or religious (though I never said it was a religious statement), if it’s a freely made choice to wear a veil then it is wrong to ban it. 

The rest of your post is not worthy of comment. 

However, I’d know a fascist if I saw one...

Edited by Bluespunk

These women are demanding the right to wear a face veil because the religious leaders (male) tell them that they have to..... they are demanding the right to be oppressed. There are brave women in Saudi Arabia who are taking a stand against this, risking beatings from religious police. The concerned women in Denmark should ask themselves, “do I have the right not to wear a veil that covers my face, does my husband or imam have the right to tell me to cover my face?”

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I don’t care if it’s political or religious (though I never said it was a religious statement), if it’s a freely made choice to wear a veil then it is wrong to ban it. 

The rest of your post is not worthy of comment. 

However, I’d know a fascist if I saw one...

After 30 years in 10 different Muslims countries I know more than you about Muslims, Islam, political Islam, the conditions of women and Muslim men, equally stunted by rote learning superstitious gibberish with heart hitting and head jerking to reinforce what is basically brainwashing. I first really started to study Islam in 75 in Iran although I had been in Kashmir,  Pakistan and Afghanistan before. My knowledge is based on experience not ideogical beliefs.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, The manic said:

After 30 years in 10 different Muslims countries I know more than you about Muslims, Islam, political Islam, the conditions of women and Muslim men, equally stunted by wrote learning superstitious gibberish with heart hitting and head jerking to reinforce what is basically brainwashing. I first really started to study Islam in 75 in Iran although I had been in Kashmir,  Pakistan and Afghanistan before. My knowledge is based on experience not ideogical beliefs.

I’ve lived and worked in the Middle East, in the upper east region of Ghana and in Muslim majority communities in the U.K.  

I’ve taught Muslim children and interacted with their parents all my working life (30 years now).

Don't try to tell me you know more than me, because you don’t. 

Don’t tell me your experience is more valuable than mine, because it’s not. 

Edited by Bluespunk

59 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

These women are demanding the right to wear a face veil because the religious leaders (male) tell them that they have to..... they are demanding the right to be oppressed. There are brave women in Saudi Arabia who are taking a stand against this, risking beatings from religious police. The concerned women in Denmark should ask themselves, “do I have the right not to wear a veil that covers my face, does my husband or imam have the right to tell me to cover my face?”

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Another post by a mind reader. Or should I say a minds reader. Since apparently by your reckoning they all think exactly alike.

Edited by bristolboy

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

If it’s their choice, it’s no ones business but their own.

Do these women expect to find jobs in a western, civilised society, or are they happy to live off a generous welfare system all their lives? I can't imagine how employable they would be in a western society. I know muslims in Australia are disproportionately unemployed to more than 50% of their numbers. Be interesting to know how many are burka wearers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Another post by a mind reader. Or should I say a minds reader. Since apparently by your reckoning they all think exactly alike.

By and large as a result of rote learning without critical thinking, all learning the same rubbish and believing it...They do all think the same. Islam is a homogeneous culture not heterogeneous. Anyone who does think different is classified as appostate and can be killed by fatwa.  The killer will go to Paradise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Do these women expect to find jobs in a western, civilised society, or are they happy to live off a generous welfare system all their lives? I can't imagine how employable they would be in a western society. I know muslims in Australia are disproportionately unemployed to more than 50% of their numbers. Be interesting to know how many are burka wearers.

You know this?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-04/fact-check-muslim-workforce/9800656

In addition I don’t care what the unemployed wear, so no, it wouldn’t be interesting to know. 

1 hour ago, The manic said:

"Usefully idiots " was the phrase coined by Beria, Stalin's head of security, torturer, rapist and paedophile.  He used the term to describe Communist Party and Soviet Union sympathisers in Europe in the 30s and 40. Today The liberals who support Islamic fundamentalist women are "Usefull idiots" being manipulated by Islamic extremists.  Learn some history please.

So now you are using the words of a man responsible for mass murder and campaigns of terror to back up your own agenda?

Don’t lecture me on history. I know all about Stalin’s regime in the ussr. It was a major part of my degree.

In addition, I don’t care who said it.

Your linking Stalin’s regime to modes of dress, like so much else you post, is based on the agenda you wish to be promote, rather than what is true.

Edited by Bluespunk

35 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You know this?

In addition I don’t care what the unemployed wear, so no, it wouldn’t be interesting to know. 

36 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You know this?

You mean permanently unemployed, or should I say unemployable. You're very generous with your tax dollars, or are you just happy that someone else foots the bill?

• Like 1