Less Western Expats arriving than ever before and a significant fall in working Western expats now in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

I bet your poor wife is elated she's got such a happy go lucky livewire 

I wonder why, years ago, the mods gave up telling people not to repost a long post just to add a line or two?

44 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I can't wade through 39 pages - this is my two penn'orth: I am 76.  Bought house/car/married/financed my step-daughters' education.  Find that I am being cheated out of my house/possessions.  No hope of justice in Thai Court; 'This is Thailand' my wife hissed.  Will wait for the verdict with no confidence, then it's off to Vietnam taking my pensions with me.

Mate, we know what its like, every man in the world

has been burned by a woman.

Just be thankful that you not born a male black widow

spider.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you hadn't bought it, you wouldn't have (potentially) lost it.

Nobody to blame but yourself, I'm guessing you thought yours was different, but in reality, they're all the same.

At 76 you should have known better, I knew better age 52 after my English wife had at me.

Men don't learn, we are the eternal chancers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I can't wade through 39 pages - this is my two penn'orth: I am 76.  Bought house/car/married/financed my step-daughters' education.  Find that I am being cheated out of my house/possessions.  No hope of justice in Thai Court; 'This is Thailand' my wife hissed.  Will wait for the verdict with no confidence, then it's off to Vietnam taking my pensions with me.

You seriously blame it on the Thai court??

Very sad at 76 but it is you who created it.

And do not be surprised if you pay alimony ( they call it maintenance here)  so there goes the pension.

Just a shame....

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 4:24 AM, fruitman said:

If you deny there is no traffic problem or too many uneducated people in BKK you have eye-problems i guess....

They even can't repair a tire, can't cook an egg, even don't have any manners by bringing crying babies in restaurants....

Even when i let my wife tell the waiter to fry my egg well done they won't do it...don't ask me why.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:10 AM, fruitman said:

That's another big minus of Bangkok, having dogs..i would love to have some but we don't because of the traffic jam (never know when you arrive home) so we don't buy a dog. We have nice parks here and a garden plus house.

I never worked in thailand but i'm used to efficiency. Now my motobike has a puncture, takes 6 hours to empty and they can't fix it at my honda dealer...and a new tire takes a week to order (they say) but 2 years ago it was the same and after 6 weeks i still didn't have a new tire so i brought them myself from europe. It all is soooo crappy in BKK, if my wife didn't work here we would move tomorrow but to where i don't know. Probably to Europe again. Bangkok is far overpriced and very low quality plus far too busy with uneductated people who ruin it all for the smarter ones.

Try getting the aircons cleaned, we've had more than 10 different guys for that and they all let you wait a half day or don't come at all. I bought a wardrobe this weekend, took them 2 hours to find my address and that shop is 10 minutes around the corner. Than they became very rude and made my wife very angry. Low class idiots, everywhere.

So yes i understand why expats leave..i also don't like thai food except kao pad and pad thai...the rest i don't need it but japanese is great.

I also don't visit bars in BKK, they're far away and no fun without other foreigners. Also that skytrain is not convenient at all..only if you live at Siam but i won't live in a condo.

Thailand is far far behind the developed world...if they wanted me to work here (i've been asked for robotic teacher) i even want a higher salary than in the West. And still then i would loose too much time in traffic every day so i would need a very nice car plus driver or i won't do it.

Glad i don't have kids or dogs, in BKK it would be terrible to see them sitting in traffic jam all day long or not getting a decent life. And the education standards in thailand are far far below par.

Jeez.

Life and soul of the party hey?

Bad hair day?

Or just your glass is always half empty, and always has been, and always will be.

And you get out of the wrong side of the bed EVERY morning.....

Before having another moan, a typical "this no good, that no good, we do it so much better in my home country" type moan, just give the door a real good slam on the way out.

Might make you feel a bit better....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The usual backward and disconnected types almost always are vacant of simple acclimation and assimilation skills. 

Much too common from siwilai circles. 

No loss, actually.

I love posts like yours and 'Madmen' because I show them to my colleagues who may aspire to have more than a 3 week holiday in Thailand...

Then they no longer need to have the door ever hit them on the way out.

I do say that if you are a sociopath,an utter fraud or a renegade then hiding in a cane break,by a paddy field near a polluted river is the way to go.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jeez.

Life and soul of the party hey?

Bad hair day?

Or just your glass is always half empty, and always has been, and always will be.

And you get out of the wrong side of the bed EVERY morning.....

Before having another moan, a typical "this no good, that no good, we do it so much better in my home country" type moan, just give the door a real good slam on the way out.

Might make you feel a bit better....

try living in england with high bills on top and your list will be twice as long , lighten up its 90f not -10

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Different said:

Maybe because I left LOS last December and I can't come back till next year! You may do another survey, all the girls say to me (sexy man, welcome)????

That's a partial quote. Be honest and make the full quote:

'Sexy man, welcome. Gimme all yer money and I'll give you 10 minutes of bad sex, you're only the third in line.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Dunno about that, most of the ones I meet want to move in, I usually have to pay them extra to leave.

Not sure I consider any sex bad, certainly not if I manage to stretch it out to ten minutes.

I defer to your greater knowledge of the subject.

Good luck to you.

58 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

That's a partial quote. Be honest and make the full quote:

'Sexy man, welcome. Gimme all yer money and I'll give you 10 minutes of bad sex, you're only the third in line.'

Not dissimilar to my UK ex.

Anyone thats been through the mill, knows that women

don't love men. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Not dissimilar to my UK ex.

Anyone thats been through the mill, knows that women

don't love men. 

I've been through that mill. I don't agree that women don't love men, I think they often do, but today's woman is measured by (often her own) comparison to men, which is why many of them massively resent men and look for any opportunity to prove to themselves that they are equal. Men never doubted it I don't think.

Absent the horrendous 'liberated' female, and they're just the same at an emotional level as they always have been. More assertive, perhaps even more aggressive but essentially they haven't changed much, although a few have a testosterone imbalance and a consequent hairy chest. Gret joke by Anthony Hopkins in the film 'Solace' on that topic... btw.

FWIW, I have never thought women are inferior to men, but only a clown would ignore the obvious hormonal and biochemical differences, though if you work at Google you might want to keep that under yer hat. Men and women have different roles to play is all. But they are complementary roles.

I think.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Tip of the day:  Give her a tin of paint, a brush. and a sheet

of sandpaper, and point to the roof gutter.  She'll be gone

like a greased turd.

And yet in Thailand, the only worthwhile role men have is to keep the semen warm. Women are the driving force in society, though the biological differences indirectly make that harder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

I've been through that mill. I don't agree that women don't love men, I think they often do,

I agree with you both, but think they don't love men for long (5 years tops).

Then it's on to the next 'love' with as much of your assets as they can grab.

But by the time they're 30 they only love themselves (and maybe their children).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Tell us how many you've been too then.

Plenty ! But when i tell some girl that i've gone to Buriram alone to see Phanom Rung, they smile and think i'm lying.

Suspicious minds, all of them.

• Haha 2