Less Western Expats arriving than ever before and a significant fall in working Western expats now in Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

So many recent posts are so sad, but typical.

Too many with WWWM syndrome.

Weak

White

Western

Male

Syndrome

You can hear and see it in their posts. 

Yes, most of these situations are a you problem.

Blah blah..women control me, Thailand and the world!!  A bunch of scared weak babies.

Wake up males ( you mostly are not men) and try growing a pair!!

V my post.... QED

12 hours ago, rumak said:

in reference to blaming myself :  this is not just a reference to relationships.  could be a plumbing error, a planning error, or whatever.   i blame myself in cases where i should have known better,  or did not do something well ( maybe rushed or careless).   in relationships i think that once i see the red flag(s) i should

get out !  i have enough experience to know that they will not go away.   So if i make the mistake of ignoring them ......well, how can i blame the other person ?   

Somchais must like you, they'll blame you for everything they mess up, too. I guess somebody must carry the burden. Your own fault ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Wimmins is only for breedin'. Go MGTW and you become

the most sought after Alpha male... Feel the fun.

Take back control of you life. If you are married,

be the Boss, nothing less.

Seems to be the best advice for men these days. For those that don't know what MGT(o)W is, it's men going their own way. Basically showing the middle finger to expectations and doing whatever the hell they want. The result will be a part reason of the collapse of the western cultures, but hey, even Rome fell. That time it was nepotism with Commodus, this time feminists destroying the family unit.

The apocalypse is also coming to Thailand, which seems to lag ~25 years behind west. That would be in the mid 90's then, the last time white man reigned supreme. Been downhill since and now the slide down is starting here, in the last refuge of the white middle aged meat eating straight man. We're all doomed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Somchais must like you, they'll blame you for everything they mess up, too. I guess somebody must carry the burden. Your own fault ????

don't know what your getting at.   but i don't carry any burdens.  when i mess up i try to fix it.  and when

i have a relationship that does not keep me happy i get out.    you talking about Somchais  pretty much shows your attitude towards thais.....or is it only somchai thais ?

If I was a Wine Poseur (which, thankfully I am not nor ever was) Thailand wouldn't be my choice of destinations.

How would they pronounce  Chateau Lafitte? KahTooh Raphih? You asked for a Nebo-roh? Did he understand you? Oh my god, I wanted the 2010, how dare you offer me a 2009!

Sorry mate, I don't know the difference between a Morgan Davis 2016 and a Barbarella 2012. I thought that a Nebbiola was the Italian translation of the Yiddish word Nebbish. The only wines around me are what I read on this Forum.

So please excuse me if I dont sympathise or find your post anywhere compelling. Its like raising my glass, swirling some murky grape juice, taking a guzzle, spitting it back in the glass, missing and splattering the Sommelurp,  and saying "Hmmmm, I say old boy, its presumptuous with just a hit of arrogance and condescension, wot wot"

[emoji23] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

was recently with a group of friends, and we wanted to order a bottle of wine, at of one of those high end restaurants in the EmQuartiercomplex

Stop here please, i've read that story at least 3 times last months....????

Except the Philipino's working in EM-quartier there's no staff who can speak english...

Also they even can't serve a dinner for 2 in a steakhouse at the same time, i finished my steaks already and my wife still had to get hers.

Yes i know, shouldn't complain too much here cause the countryboys can't stand it.

Edited by fruitman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I do the same with laukhao. The subtle hints of field rat crap in the NongKhai 2011 batch are excellent.

Thanks, I just spewed Sai Grok on my screen.

Post of the Year

Edited by Nyezhov

I say you chaps, I must be so posh, I dont look at the price list,

in the Dogs Bo^^ocks Bar, I just order the most expensive Leo

the establishment has to offer, insisting only the 2018, from

the south side, not shaken,

On polishing the lot off, I slam the mug down on table exclaiming

'Churn Jai, ahhhh',  as pompously as possible, wot wot eh.

Then orf to the Point to Point in Soi Buakouw.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

Stop here please, i've read that story at least 3 times last months....????

Except the Philipino's working in EM-quartier there's no staff who can speak english...

Also they even can't serve a dinner for 2 in a steakhouse at the same time, i finished my steaks already and my wife still had to get hers.

Yes i know, shouldn't complain too much here cause the countryboys can't stand it.

Seems like half the time I complain here, someone who has not bothered to take three minutes to process some thought, and articulate a reply, says something inane like "if you don't like it here, why don't you go back to your own country?" What can one even say? How do you respond to such vapidity?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

I say you chaps, I must be so posh, I dont look at the price list,

in the Dogs Bo^^ocks Bar, I just order the most expensive Leo

the establishment has to offer, insisting only the 2018, from

the south side, not shaken,

On polishing the lot off, I slam the mug down on table exclaiming

'Churn Jai, ahhhh',  as pompously as possible, wot wot eh.

Then orf to the Point to Point in Soi Buakouw.

You sound like the sort of git who has never had a drink in the Dog's.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry your lack of sophistication in the area of wine prevents you from enjoying one of life's great pleasures. No need to knock another man for his passions. Just fess up. You don't get it. It is all grape juice for you. That is ok. No issues with that. Zero arrogance and condescension here. Just passion and joy that a great bottle of wine brings those that have the ability and taste to appreciate it.

Really no need to use terms like poseur. You are making a rather huge, callous and uneducated assumption, without being armed with any facts. 

The dictionary defines poser as: a person who pretends to be what he or she is not. An affected or insincere person.  

No need to be intimidated by someone who knows his wine. I have been enjoying, collecting and studying wine for 35 years. Hardly makes me someone pretending to know good wine. I know alot less than most on many topics. I deal with it, rather than insulting a man who knows more than I do.  

I guess it's not about to what extent N enjoys wine but more about your big mouth and how you choose to go about enjoying wine in LoS

no reason to intimidate restaurant staff because they know zilch about wine

there is plenty of very good wine for sale in LoS

you choose to go to a canteen eatery in a shopping centre, what the f do you expect?

if your preference is not to choose proper restaurants that is fine,

since you and your friends seemingly are what you call quality tourists,

you probably have ample amounts of satang

just buy 10-15-20 bottles of very good wine in a shop

bring some bottles with you to the shopping centre eatery of your choice - pay the cork fee - enjoy

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry your lack of sophistication in the area of wine prevents you from enjoying one of life's great pleasures. No need to knock another man for his passions. Just fess up. You don't get it. It is all grape juice for you. That is ok. No issues with that. Zero arrogance and condescension here. Just passion and joy that a great bottle of wine brings those that have the ability and taste to appreciate it.

Really no need to use terms like poseur. You are making a rather huge, callous and uneducated assumption, without being armed with any facts. 

The dictionary defines poser as: a person who pretends to be what he or she is not. An affected or insincere person.  

No need to be intimidated by someone who knows his wine. I have been enjoying, collecting and studying wine for 35 years. Hardly makes me someone pretending to know good wine. I know alot less than most on many topics. I deal with it, rather than insulting a man who knows more than I do.  

'Really no need to use terms like poseur. You are making a rather huge, callous and uneducated assumption, without being armed with any facts.'

Ah yes.

21 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

So many recent posts are so sad, but typical.

Too many with WWWM syndrome.

Weak

White

Western

Male

Syndrome

You can hear and see it in their posts. 

Yes, most of these situations are a you problem.

Blah blah..women control me, Thailand and the world!!  A bunch of scared weak babies.

Wake up males ( you mostly are not men) and try growing a pair!!

V my post.... QED

I think a large number of posts show why many people would be totally put off if offered a job in Thailand........

Why would any qualified professional with family want to work in a place that is populated by rejects from  19th century Dodge City?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swissie said:

I too come here for the wine and the temples only.

Back on topic:
As long as I can remember, Thailand was never famous for offering young Farangs viable career opportunities (unless working for an international company.) Young Farang English teachers will soon find out that their salary will not go far when it comes to "Wine, Women and Song".

I have always associated Thailand with "retirement paradise". But as the Visa-situation, increasingly unfavourable exchange-rates and other factors make it increasingly hard for long-term residents here, no wonder that some are starting to look for alternative "retirement-paradises".

Chances are that neighboring countries will also thighten Visa-requirements. (See thread "Thinking about leaving Thailand for the Philippines" in the Pub sub-forum). = The new Philippine Immigration-Rules must take this country off the list of possible alternative retirement-heavens. Under these new Immi-Rules, anyone still considering the Philippines must be mad.

A harbinger of things to come in S/E Asia? I am afraid so.

Finally: If unlimited funds are available, one can retire EVERYWHERE. It's for folks living on a limited retirement budget that may soon find themselves in a "difficult" situation.
"Acts of God" = overnight Governement Regulations having screwed-up their retirement plans (for the most part).

So why do none retire to Thailand?

4 hours ago, swissie said:

I too come here for the wine and the temples only.

Back on topic:
As long as I can remember, Thailand was never famous for offering young Farangs viable career opportunities (unless working for an international company.) Young Farang English teachers will soon find out that their salary will not go far when it comes to "Wine, Women and Song".

I have always associated Thailand with "retirement paradise". But as the Visa-situation, increasingly unfavourable exchange-rates and other factors make it increasingly hard for long-term residents here, no wonder that some are starting to look for alternative "retirement-paradises".

Chances are that neighboring countries will also thighten Visa-requirements. (See thread "Thinking about leaving Thailand for the Philippines" in the Pub sub-forum). = The new Philippine Immigration-Rules must take this country off the list of possible alternative retirement-heavens. Under these new Immi-Rules, anyone still considering the Philippines must be mad.

A harbinger of things to come in S/E Asia? I am afraid so.

Finally: If unlimited funds are available, one can retire EVERYWHERE. It's for folks living on a limited retirement budget that may soon find themselves in a "difficult" situation.
"Acts of God" = overnight Governement Regulations having screwed-up their retirement plans (for the most part).

Very good post.

I only disagree with one point-wealth merely grants you the opportunity to get out in a safe and timely manner.

Should be read with close attention by those who may think that a sideways shuffle (Myanmar,Laos,Cambodia,Malaysia,Philippines etc) will lengthen the odds.

Well, my last 2 VISA runs were unsuccessful. Stuff to do with the criminal background checks in both, Thailand and my home country. The latter one was  o r i g i n a l, but they wanted it apostilled and translated?!

Enough is enough.

You see, the consulate collected 300 MYR and then decided not to grant the VISA. None of my colleagues has such a home country clearance.

Am warning against working in Thailand. Seems some officials enjoy showing farangs their limits, making them fight windmills.

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Seems like half the time I complain here, someone who has not bothered to take three minutes to process some thought, and articulate a reply, says something inane like "if you don't like it here, why don't you go back to your own country?" What can one even say? How do you respond to such vapidity?

We are not allowed to complain about stupid personell....they come from the countryside where many farang live as well....So that stupid staff belongs to Thailand and won't leave, never ever...even frying an egg or pumping a tyre is too hard for them....be proud with that Thailand!