90 Day Report Mistake.

Did 90 day report at Jomtien today 2nd August, was due 1st August as last time was May. I O officer gave back passport and said 15th September, I didnt think anything until got home. Checked the slip, next report 15/09/18 ..received notification 18th June 2018. My name etc on slip....leave it and just go on the 15th September or go back and get changed.

It's Jomtien and if you don't live too far away I would go soon and ask it to be corrected.

For me this error would be a 200 km roundtrip.

Both dates wrong, weird.

Is it "Thailand wrong stamp day" today?

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's Jomtien and if you don't live too far away I would go soon and ask it to be corrected.

For me this error would be a 200 km roundtrip.

Both dates wrong, weird.

Is it "Thailand wrong stamp day" today?

I hope not KhunBENQ , I am going to Maesai for my 90day in 30 mins.  I do always check mine before leaving Imm.  but that is because my TW reminds me . Never been wrong yet but she is 6 hours away in Nan. Thanks for the reminder.

2 hours ago, ebonykap said:

Try doing your report online. I did for the first time last month. Sent on Sunday, approved the following day (much to my surprise and delight).

I understand it can be hit or miss, but worth a try.

I have attempted reporting on line but never with any success as I always end up in a computerised loop.   For about two years now, I have instead been doing my 90 day report very successfully by registered post in order to avoid a a 6 km trip, but although my July 10th report  was apparently duly received by Phetchaburi Immigration and the certificate mailed back to me (unregistered of course), on the 12th of July, according to their office,  it has still not arrived.

I think that not having the certificate in my Passport should not be much of a problem, but as the current certificate has to be sent in with my next application, I have written to Immigration requesting a replacement.

I will await their reaction (if any). 

6 hours ago, THE REVERAND said:

I came in on the 11th june (arrived 12th) from Sydney and went out on 11 july not a murmur 

An irrelevant post sorry. You are referring to a visa exempt entry/exit into Thailand. This topic is about 90 day reporting at immigration for someone on a long term visa.

57 minutes ago, greenchair said:

This happened to another lady. She ended up on overstay. She was held responsible even though the officer wrote a letter to say it was his mistake. He couldn't help her at all in the end. 

Go and fix it immediately. 

Late 90 day reporting is not an overstay. It is only a late report and nothing more. The fine is only 2000 baht.

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

This happened to another lady. She ended up on overstay. She was held responsible even though the officer wrote a letter to say it was his mistake. He couldn't help her at all in the end. 

Go and fix it immediately. 

This is Thailand. Farang always wrong, even when right.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Late 90 day reporting is not an overstay. It is only a late report and nothing more. The fine is only 2000 baht.

Well, I really didn't want to go into the whole story, it's long and complicated. 

But because of the 90 day report mistake, there was also a misunderstanding on her yearly visa. So, in her case it all ended up to be quite a disaster. 

So I simply recommended that he go and fix it immediately lest other complications arise. 

Which is the main point of my post, which correlated with your own recommendation. 

On 8/2/2018 at 3:41 PM, ubonjoe said:

I think I would get it corrected. 

It is your choice what you do.

It seems they got the reporting date wrong somehow. Perhaps their computer had the wrong date on it.

Joe, I expect that you would know if there was some change coming. The 15 September date has happened to me as well at Phetchabun. My last report was on 7 July but my next date is 15 September. Coincidence, or is something going to change.

4 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Joe, I expect that you would know if there was some change coming. The 15 September date has happened to me as well at Phetchabun. My last report was on 7 July but my next date is 15 September. Coincidence, or is something going to change.

I would say it is just a coincidence. My report done on the 23rd of July is good for the normal 90 days from that day.

Some offices though only do the report to the date your extension of stay ends.

My extension of stay goes to February 2019 so it is coincidence. The IO did say that he had over 200 90 day reports to do in July. I thought he might have been trying to mix up the months a bit to spread the work load. It is not a problem for me.

Edited by GreasyFingers
add

19 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

They corrected mine within a few minutes. Both days I went a similar time 3pm and had numbers 408 and 409 2nd time. doing that many everyday not suprising the odd mistake can be made. Lesson learned to always check.