What do working class Thais really earn

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Our son out of university 2 years ,manages a company 36k pcm ,his "wife" in realty 19500 pcm plus bonus .

To add to this ,i have after having business here ,living here and in the UK with my wife and son ,so much depends on "who you know" and the people you live amongst ,including the fact that your family are shall i say "middle class" ,i really do not figure in the shape of things here ,but my wife and son mix with the right kind of people,lol it does help a lot ,also being able to read write and speak english goes a long way in the business world here .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timendres said:

I meant no disrespect to the young lady. I am genuinely curious.

Same here that is nearly what I earn. Senior Engineer for American Oil and Gas co with 35 years experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cooked said:

฿25 000.-? Many of our hardworking neighbours can only dream of that much. Depends on crops that you can grow, availability of water etc.

Anyway I don't class farmers as 'working class' as they don't have an employer.

Three guys I know in Srirachah are earning around ฿10 000 a month if they do enough overtime, basic wage ฿7000.

I have lived with one of them for a few days and that is a HARD life, shift work and double shifts happening all the time.

One overslept, lost his job immediately. He was not liked as he had to take three days off work last year for court appearances in Buriram (child custody). Go to work, street food, come home knackered god knows when, eat, sleep.

I said they earned 12,500฿ not 25,000฿ and this was for 2 people, so average 6,250฿ each. And yes, they work very hard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Single mom living next to me (age 40) earns 10k/month as a checkout girl in our local supermarket.

Yeah, that's the sort of info. I'm interested in. How much does the girl at the 7/11 earn, or the guy fixing your pick-up.

• Like 1

Just now, waza46 said:

I need some of the drugs you are on. Working class Thai people on over 10 million Baht PA. ???

You need something for sure. Just shows money can’t buy everything. 

I said this is about what Thais earn, no one gives a Donald Duck what you earn. 

19 minutes ago, timendres said:

I meant no disrespect to the young lady. I am genuinely curious.

You know I'm not absolutely sure.  I think she has a degree in economics but I may be wrong.

She turned down the offer of working full time in favour of working freelance and picking up a high fee per day.  I know she was doing stuff for them at weekends whilst at uni and was picking up around 30k for a weekend's work.

Because she's doing so well so quickly, she's turned down scholarships in the US and Europe.  Her parents have already been offered 1st class travel to anywhere in the world.   Wish she was my daughter!

I'm curious myself now.  I'm going to ask her exactly what she does.  

Multinational companies in Bangkok often pay much higher salaries 100-200K / month for experienced professionals with a degree is not uncommon due to the demand for talent and international market place. This creates a big gap as in many of those countries between rich and poor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

You need something for sure. Just shows money can’t buy everything. 

I said this is about what Thais earn, no one gives a Donald Duck what you earn. 

So you are telling me working class Thai people earn 45,000 Baht a day?? Not me that needs something I would say. 

5 minutes ago, waza46 said:

I need some of the drugs you are on. Working class Thai people on over 10 million Baht PA. ???

Certainly not kidding.  She's probably not 'working class' in the true sense of the word.  Although her parents work, they're not short of a bob or two.  This girl was making a fortune playing the stock market with her pocket money.  She had to use her parents for that as she was too young at the time.

6 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Our son out of university 2 years ,manages a company 36k pcm ,his "wife" in realty 19500 pcm plus bonus .

If he os a graduate, working as a company manager, he doesn't really count as working class does he?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, waza46 said:

So you are telling me working class Thai people earn 45,000 Baht a day?? Not me that needs something I would say. 

Just trying to point out that she had no special privileges.  Didn't go to a private school.  Was offered scholarships from several universities which covered all fees and accommodation.  She got where she is from her own hard work.  It's not out of the grasp of anyone with the intelligence and motivation.

She gets 45K per day but doesn't work for them every day so multiplying it up to an annual salary doesn't really work. 

2 hours ago, waza46 said:

OK Donald Duck whatever 

Edited by blackcab
Oversized emoji removed
  • Haha 1

Most of my Thai friends are richer than me. When you live in Bangkok near city center, and own your house, you usually make money much more than 10k or 20k per month with a quite deep saving in gold, cash and property.

I noticed as well the property market is more and more taken over by a new rich Thai middle class.

There's Thai money in Thailand big cities, much more than in Issan or in the deep country side.