Chinese tourist injured in Pattaya motorcycle accident

webfact

Chinese tourist injured in Pattaya motorcycle accident

By The Nation

ch.jpg

video screenshot

A Chinese tourist was injured along with a Thai motorcyclist in a motorcycle crash on a Pattaya road overnight on Tuesday, police said.

Police said the accident happened at 2.50am in front of Soi Pattaya Sai Song 14 in Tambon Nong Plue in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district.

The Chinese tourist was identified as Guo Xiao, 33, and the Thai as Watcharapong Loonnud, 24.

Witnesses told police that they saw the two riding their motorcycles. They said the Chinese tourist suddenly changed lanes from the right side, apparently to make a turn into the soi, and cut in front of the other bike, leading to the crash.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351617

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-07

47 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

is there a Chinese VIP lane at the hospital like at the airport?:cheesy:

I thought you meant a Chinese VIP lane on the road. That's the cause of the accident - straying out of the VIP lane.

Luckily it doesn't appear to be raining, or he might have drowned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm basing it on my experience riding around, but it is popular to say Thais are bad. I saw 2 foreigners crash today on Pratamak hill, at least one on the bike was on his phone

I've seen Thais watching soap operas on their mobile phones whilst riding. Phone sitting on the dashboard, not even secured.

• Like 1

I've seen Thais watching soap operas on their mobile phones whilst riding. Phone sitting on the dashboard, not even secured.
Yes i wouldn't recommend it, the difference is the Thais have a lot of experience riding from a young age, falang are often on a short holiday like the ones today

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Yes i wouldn't recommend it, the difference is the Thais have a lot of experience riding from a young age, falang are often on a short holiday like the ones today

Doesn't make the Thai a good rider. Just less crap than some foreigners. I had a Thai drive straight across Sai Song(Second Road) from one side soi to another without even slowing down. If it wasn't for my ability to 'stop on a sixpence', he and his passenger would have been toast.

Then there are the 'Win' who think they are the best in the business. Also many idiots taking chances for which others have to compensate.

Not that I don't make mistakes. But to suggest they are all good riders is way off the mark.

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
9 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

It's really high time to put the shovel down. 

Thais my be nuisance and some for sure are really dangerous. They have a bit of a 6th sense though. I have seen some really stupid farangs as well but over time they develop a 6th sense. For sure the average Chinese tourist has no sense at all.

• Sad 1

The Rental forgot to tie one of these silly red or blue flags to the steering bar so the Chinese was getting disorientated and made a turn back.. 

I have seen that they all follow these flags like a herd of sheep when leaving the bus at beach road.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

How did you get close enough to see what the Thais riding a motorbike were watching?

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

How did you get close enough to see what the Thais riding a motorbike were watching?

How close did we need to be? She rode past us whilst we were standing on the pavement. We could both see the phone's screen. She had headphones in. 

3 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

That's an instrument panel. :giggle:

I knew you would try that....

A dashboard (also called dash, instrument panel (IP), or fascia) is a control panel located directly ahead of a vehicle's driver, displaying instrumentation and controls for the vehicle's operation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dashboard