Boris Johnson slammed over Islamophobic comments

webfact

29 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I wrote nothing about your personal qualities or condtion or nationality at all.

This topic does require an understanding of what has been going on in the UK with regard to muslim immigration, for insightful posts to be made. It's unlikely that someone who doesn't have first hand experience of the adverse effects of muslim immigration into the UK can really understand the issues.

A different example. As a Brit I don't really understand the detail behind a lot of the US topics, so I don't comment on them. It would be presumptuous of me to do so. 

So I'm just a bit surprised when some non-Brits regularly spend so much time on British topics. Not because they shouldn't be allowed to, but just that they don't have the knowledge of the UK to really engage with the topic (as I would not have with many US topics).

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

the best sample for u@bristolboy is maysaloun hamoud 35 yrs. palestinian she was issued a fatwa condeming her to death for her critical movie about islam. bbc.ccm

islam around the world has one common hatred that is antisemitism for example in canada, uk,france, germany, sweden....right and how many of my jewish people have been brutally murdered in allahs name , they were legion.

wbr

roobaa01

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Boris is just participating in an age old British tradition of observational comedy. We take the p**s out of each other, with the way we look and act, so anybody taking up residence in the UK, better get used to it as well.

I honestly think all the faux outrage over Boris’ comments is out of fear.
Ever since the Salman Rushdie episode (followed later by others such as Charlie Hebdo), we learned that criticising or poking fun at Islam can be deadly. I think it’s the only cult that carries such a threat.

I’m not Boris’ biggest fan, but I think he’s been quite brave here to challenge Islam’s untouchable aura.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

This topic does require an understanding of what has been going on in the UK with regard to muslim immigration, for insightful posts to be made. It's unlikely that someone who doesn't have first hand experience of the adverse effects of muslim immigration into the UK can really understand the issues.

Do you actually live in the UK? If so, where?

Before you ask, as anyone can see from my profile I live in Woking; a town with about 6% Muslim population. Not the largest by any means, but also not the smallest. I have never seen anyone in Wo9king wearing a burka or niqab. Some wear a hajib or chador, but most wear western clothes in their day to day lives.

A different example. As a Brit I don't really understand the detail behind a lot of the US topics, so I don't comment on them. It would be presumptuous of me to do so. 

Really?

4 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

Muslim immigration into the USA is very different from muslim immigration into UK and Europe, don't you know that?

Not the first time you have made that comment in this topic!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So I'm just a bit surprised when some non-Brits regularly spend so much time on British topics. Not because they shouldn't be allowed to, but just that they don't have the knowledge of the UK to really engage with the topic (as I would not have with many US topics).

First of all you have no idea what nationality other posters are.

Secondly this is a forum with an international membership and no rules governing who can and cannot comment based on their nationality.

Thirdly, the topic under discussion is not immigration, impact of immigration or Wahhabism; it is certainly not the nationality of other members or your unfounded assumptions on their nationality.

You’ll find the topic of discussion in the OP.

You should read it.

• Haha 1

If you look through the thread, you'll find that the large number of my links, and the quality of them, often from muslim academics, has made a very good case. 

I also reserve the right to question whether anyone who is not British has enough knowledge of the adverse effects of muslim immigration into the UK to contribute anything meaningful to this discussion. 

This is about the 10th time you've called me a troll. I don't take it personally ?

Once again the topic is not immigration to the UK.

Once again you are mistaken, you don’t get to decide who can comment based on your unfounded assumptions regarding their nationality.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Written English tests were introduced fo applicants for naturalisation as British about 15 years ago, followed about 1 year later for all applicants for ILR.

These have been followed by English speaking and listening tests of an increasing standard for all applicants for settlement at every stage; initial visa application in their home country, FLR and ILR in the UK, unless the applicant is a native English speaker.

If you are going to comment on UK matters, do try to keep up to date!

Oh I do keep up to date old chap. Here's the reality about muslim women's English speaking skills (from The Guardian).

He [Cameron] outlined the plan in an interview with the BBC Radio 4 Today programme, claiming there were 38,000 Muslim women who could not speak English and 190,000 with limited skills in the language.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/18/pm-migrant-spouses-who-fail-english-test-may-have-to-leave-uk

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, My Thai Life said:

Oh I do keep up to date old chap. Here's the reality about muslim women's English speaking skills (from The Guardian).

He [Cameron] outlined the plan in an interview with the BBC Radio 4 Today programme, claiming there were 38,000 Muslim women who could not speak English and 190,000 with limited skills in the language.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/18/pm-migrant-spouses-who-fail-english-test-may-have-to-leave-uk

228,000 Muslim women in total, out of a Muslim population of over 4.5 million!

He also said it was not just Muslim women.

These immigrants, whatever their gender, whatever their religion, would have had to pass the English test at the initial visa stage or they would not be in the UK at all.

The poor, often non existent, English skills of many immigrants, not just Muslims though you obviously want us all to believe the opposite, was a disgrace.

Which is why I was in total agreement with the introduction of the various English tests which now exist; firstly under Blair and Brown, latterly by Cameron and May.

Of course, those non Anglophones who came to the UK prior to these tests were not subject to them.

EEA migrants currently aren't either; at least until Brexit.

But all, regardless of nationality and native tongue, are subject to the LitUK test when they apply for ILR, PR or naturalisation.

But you should read that article again; Cameron was saying that those who cannot pass the tests at FLR or ILR may well have to leave the UK!

Maybe you should also read the immigration rules and other UKVI publications, then you may have as good a knowledge of UYK immigration matters as I.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Either you didn't read the entire article or you're cherry picking.

I quoted the article verbatim, again:

"He [Cameron] outlined the plan in an interview with the BBC Radio 4 Today programme, claiming there were 38,000 Muslim women who could not speak English and 190,000 with limited skills in the language."

• Like 1

Perhaps people should use balaclavas instead. 

I do. I am a Muslim man but I identify as a woman. I wear a balaclava as to not offend my sisters not born with male genitalia as I was.

I, as a  muslim man who identifies as a woman, am protected under international law. ... 

2 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

"He [Cameron] outlined the plan in an interview with the BBC Radio 4 Today programme, claiming there were 38,000 Muslim women who could not speak English and 190,000 with limited skills in the language."

But later in the same article it says the census stats said only 6% of Muslim women struggled with the English language. Cameron suggested 22%. Which figure is it? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

Correct, but you took no account whatsoever of contributing factors such as prior cutbacks for providing English classes for migrants, conflicting assertions of data, nor 7x7's factual observations on the process for gaining English competency. In other words cherry picking for vilification purposes.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 7by7 said:

You quoted one paragraph which suits your agenda; ignoring the rest.

No, I was trying to follow your line of reasoning, and give you a quantification of the size of the problem.

But now that you see that the reality of the situation does not align with your claims, you try to change the subject to suit your agenda.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, My Thai Life said:

No, I was trying to follow your line of reasoning, and give you a quantification of the size of the problem.

But now that you see that the reality of the situation does not align with your claims, you try to change the subject to suit your agenda.

So is it 6% as the census says or 22%? What is the size of the problem? 

• Thanks 1