UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

16 hours ago, aright said:

More of your misguided commercial.nonsense.

Of course it's a question of decision! Mine! I own the business . If I decide to proceed with certification its down to me, nothing to do with you or the EU, and as I said my decision will be based on affordability and cost benefit and I should add sometimes for personal non commercial reasons.

Why would my employees or myself be headed for the dole office you couldn't possibly know what decision I would make confronted with to certify or not to certify and why would I want to destroy my own business , most of my widgets don't require certification . As for significant expense, before I developed my businesses into  profitable propositions  I had an idea for a product which required finance, research and accreditation which I could ill afford so I sold a part of the idea to a company who could afford it. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

You and the other brexiteers can then explain to those heading for the dole office how project fear became reality.

You have now upped "Project Fear" to "King Size Project Fear"

"Can you point to the business communities world wide who will stop dealing with the EU because of these costs"

As requested Specific Countries and Businesses who claim they will no longer trade with the EU because of onerous certification costs please with links? If you can't address the answer head on don't bother replying we recognize your nannie and your project. 

Obviously there is your idea of CE marking and then there is reality.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-short-film-euan-robinson-eu-theresa-may-peoples-vote-a8546786.html

All went well in Salzburg then.

“We all agreed on this today, the proposals in their current state are not acceptable, especially on the economic side of it. The Chequers plan cannot be take it or leave it.”
The message was echoed by Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, who said: “It was clear today that we need substantial progress by October and that we then aim to finalise everything in November.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-talks-latest-eu-emmanuel-macron-brexiteer-liars-no-deal-a8547146.html

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

“We all agreed on this today, the proposals in their current state are not acceptable, especially on the economic side of it. The Chequers plan cannot be take it or leave it.”
The message was echoed by Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, who said: “It was clear today that we need substantial progress by October and that we then aim to finalise everything in November.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-talks-latest-eu-emmanuel-macron-brexiteer-liars-no-deal-a8547146.html

well, that her plan did not sell was just as expected, has actually been clear for a while

more worrying was the way in which the PM tried to sell the plan, the actual words she used in her main pitches

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You don’t like things written in a way that layout the uncomfortable truth.

Have a go at challenging what I stated (without making stuff up).

No. Your version of truth is unsubstantiated .If you want to provide some real evidence to backup your claim then I will either accept it or challenge it. As it stands it is just more fear-factor.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

From the BBC News website this morning.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45596470

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Where does this leave us. Chequers is, and always was, dead. Treason May is not willing to consider any other option. The traitors in Westminster will not vote for a No Deal.  Of course the EUSSR want us to come begging on our knees on the 30th March to be let back in. Can you imagine how they would treat us if we did. We would be Juncker's bitch.

In the long term, if UK doesn't want to be part of the EU, EU doesn't want that either. It's not fun to drag along an unwilling member. That benefits no one.

The no-deal, where we are heading towards, will hurt both parties. Yet both parties will eventually deal with the new situation. This will hurt quite a lot more in the UK side, but I suppose the country will survive, one way or another. 

The no-deal might trigger the end of UK as we know it. Scotland is most likely going to join the EU at some point, what happens in Northern Ireland, I have no idea. Perhaps someone could clarify how they think if UK is based on only 3 separate states?

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

With reference to Scotland. You are assuming the the SNP will win the referendum and leave the UK.

What happens if they lose again and Scotland votes to stay in the UK?

Then Scotland stays in the UK.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

From the BBC News website this morning.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45596470

good read,

I see that the lady boss in Scotland argues for delaying Brexit, why is that? what's in it for her?

obviously, that UK (Scotland) will stay in EU during the delay and that's where Scotland wants to be

but does this also signal that she has given up hope of Scotland opting out of UK?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

That will not make the SNP very happy and should they call an election and lose they will be deep in the soft and smelly.

I guess the result will depend what happens in UK after the Brexit. If it really is no-deal and that is disastrous, then I suppose it will be a boost for Scotland's independence. It's likely that there will be a huge blame game after the brexit, regardless what the result is going to be. 

But all that remains to be seen in the future.

11 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

good read,

I see that the lady boss in Scotland argues for delaying Brexit, why is that? what's in it for her?

obviously, that UK (Scotland) will stay in EU during the delay and that's where Scotland wants to be

but does this also signal that she has given up hope of Scotland opting out of UK?

Maybe she has more of layered plans for the future.

while Delay on Brexit 

do try to convince UK to stay with EU

If UK stays with EU

then Scotland stays with UK

else Scotland votes for independence and joins EU by itself

fi

done

8 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

good read,

But Nicola Sturgeon only speaks for Scotland whilst kicking England every chance that she gets.

I think that what is in it for her is that she does not have to call for a Scots referendum while Brexit is not resolved one way or another.

I think that if the UK comes out with a semi reasonable Brexit then it will be difficult to win a referendum and if the UK crashes out she might try but if she loses then she and the SNP are in the deep and smelly.

However if she wins then I don't think that the EU will accept Scotland until all the details of separation are completed including perhaps a hard border between England and Scotland.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But Nicola Sturgeon only speaks for Scotland whilst kicking England every chance that she gets.

I think that what is in it for her is that she does not have to call for a Scots referendum while Brexit is not resolved one way or another.

I think that if the UK comes out with a semi reasonable Brexit then it will be difficult to win a referendum and if the UK crashes out she might try but if she loses then she and the SNP are in the deep and smelly.

However if she wins then I don't think that the EU will accept Scotland until all the details of separation are completed including perhaps a hard border between England and Scotland.

ok, so your take is that to the lady staying in EU is more important than getting rid of UK

don't think I share your views expressed in the last para,

should Scotland opt out she would be fast-tracked back in EU me thinks

hard border; for sure, Scotland can not opt out of Schengen as UK and Ireland did

not only that; there will also be a massive Schengen sea border to take care of

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Agreed, but it does seem beyond ridiculous, satirical even, that Scotland would have a referendum on 'independence' then, IF they voted to leave the Union, would enter the EU and usurp their own autonomy. ?

Furthermore they'd be replacing a magnanimous, deeply connected partner with an ambivalent foreign master. They'd be literally INSANE to do it, and the ONLY conceivable chance I can see of it happening is if a no deal Brexit looks disastrous, at first glance.

• Like 2