UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

1 minute ago, rixalex said:

Remainers haven't accepted or respected the democratic process.

Instead of losing graciously, getting behind the country in spite of their reservations about the decision, they have got behind the EU.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What does "getting behind the country" actually mean?

There are complex matters to be dealt with, not simple bullet points.

28 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

I'm sorry, I can agree with you..

An exclusive poll commissioned by The Independent reveals one in 14 Britons

has had to use a food bank, with similar numbers also forced to skip meals

and borrow money as austerity measures leave them “penniless with nowhere to turn”.

As the 6th richest country in the world we should be thinking of our fellow Brits

instead of self interest.

yes, continue vote tory, they will surely help out those in need

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting documentary about City of London's trust funds, tax havens and how money is kept from taxation. One of the reasons why Mogg etc. are so keen to get a hard brexit. 

The Spider's Web: Britain's Second Empire (Documentary)

From David Allen Green

We are perhaps heading for a "lower case" Brexit where the UK's membership of the Customs Union and participation in the Single Market are replaced with...

...membership of a customs union and participation in the single market.

Brexit means...

...brexit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

Interesting documentary about City of London's trust funds, tax havens and how money is kept from taxation. One of the reasons why Mogg etc. are so keen to get a hard brexit. 

The Spider's Web: Britain's Second Empire (Documentary)

And the Russians...........don't forget the Russians

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, talahtnut said:

I'm sorry, I can agree with you..

An exclusive poll commissioned by The Independent reveals one in 14 Britons

has had to use a food bank, with similar numbers also forced to skip meals

and borrow money as austerity measures leave them “penniless with nowhere to turn”.

As the 6th richest country in the world we should be thinking of our fellow Brits

instead of self interest.

But that is a problem for our own government not the EU. The inequality in the UK is obscene - just look at our Gini coefficient

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tebee said:

in particular May's insistence that her way is the only way, but in more general terms the Brexiters instistance that the result is unassailable. "Yes I know I told you we were buying a new 5 bedroomed mansion and what we are getting is a 1 roomed tin shack at twice the price, but the family voted to do this democratically, so we must go through with the purchase"    

We are only getting a 1 roomed tin shack because they put a Remoaner traitor in charge of the process.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Not to worry troops..imo..t may is toast and will be replaced soon by an ardent brexiteeremoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Who will be slung out like a dog in the night when paradise does not unfold. Why do that and ruin your political career when you can carp from the sidelines and let May carry the can?

6 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Not to worry troops..imo..t may is toast and will be replaced soon by an ardent brexiteeremoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Oh, so you imagine getting rid of May would also mean an entirely new Department for Exiting the European Union?  The only way that is going to happen is if there is also a new government, not just a new PM.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Oh, so you imagine getting rid of May would also mean an entirely new Department for Exiting the European Union?  The only way that is going to happen is if there is also a new government, not just a new PM.

We have a replacement government, you know something the rest of us don't?

• Like 2

On 10/22/2018 at 2:27 AM, Patriot1066 said:

Actually the EU has its of form on multiple votes until,the country get to the "correct democratic vote"

Someone was looking for misleading statements regarding the EU, this one has been repeated ad nauseam.

• Like 1

Page 16 3.3 Chart 3.B shows each member state’s share of financing the 2016 EU Budget, after taking account of the UK rebate

Germany,France,UK,Italy and Spain contribute 70.12% of the Total EU Budget

Hard Times ahead for the other 27 countries once the UK has left

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/590489/PU2027_EU_finance_2016_final_WEB.pdf

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The option on the Ballot paper that stated leave the EU,  and we were all told that by ticking that option we would be leaving the EU the single market and the customs union in exactly the same way that if someone ticked the remain option that we mean remaining in the EU, Single Market and Customs Union

Told by whom? All I remember are phrases about Brexit meaning Brexit and other vacuous fluff designed to mean whatever you wanted it to.

• Like 1

On August 10, 2561 BE at 8:15 AM, smedly said:

The house of commons is confused about all this deal talk - it should never have been part of the leaving process - if they want to debate about a trade deal then that should have been after we had fully left, the UK will be striking up trade deals all over the world - the EU should have been no different 

Unfortunately those are Not the club rules, which the Uk both helped devise and to which the UK signed up. If you want the EU to impose a blockade, or hold up and ruin the exports to their largest partner, which is the EU, then so be it. Hard Brexit is ostrich policy.

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

Told by whom? All I remember are phrases about Brexit meaning Brexit and other vacuous fluff designed to mean whatever you wanted it to.

Told by David Cameron on the Andrew Marr Show, just prior to the referendum, he was very explicit about this.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, baboon said:

I think Cameron was pretty clear on what leave would imply, exit sm and exit cu etc etc.

• Like 2