UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Well, that's what it looks like you're getting and it most closely corresponds with what leave planned in terms of the economic relationship with the EU.

So, yes, in this respect you've been shafted!

There's still plenty we can do to carry on frustrating any process that's not Brexit.

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Not so.  You told us that you voted UKIP before, and that you voted Tory last time out can hardly come as a surprise.  You are also vote 'Leave' aren't you.  You have also told us at length about your formative years, that you were in the forces, that you have 3 pensions, and live in Thailand with your wife and son!

Oh well! There are the facts about unfreezing your pension for instance and your reply disqualifies you from ever moaning about it again.  Jeez, you try to help someone....

You seem a little either dim or very rude as do not read posts properly.

Also you should not compare people to Hitler as have little understanding of either people's original heritage or family experiences, it is deeply offending.

It's none of your business really but not an issue, I vote UKIP euro elections and councillors, and Tory in the general elections due to how the European parliamentary and local election system works. 

I dont have three pensions? I do have pensions though, unlike you though I have a very substantial income, but enjoy my work so still do. When you get to be all grown up you might find a vocation you enjoy.

My family is none of your business. 

I notice your called mommysboy, I guess I can guess what that means he he he, are you very close?

You are obviously a key board warrior and doubt you would insult me in real life, although I could hope. Is that your mum calling you to tea you best toddle off out of your bedroom and go and get it before it gets cold.

I suggest if you in real life talk like you do in here you will be constantly on your six.

O so I don't go off topic I can confirm I voted Brexit

On 11/7/2018 at 2:47 PM, kwilco said:

NewsThump is a satirical and spoof news website, taking a daily swipe at current affairs from the UK and around the world. It is published and owned by Thump Publishing Limited.

We aim to be equal opportunity piss-takers and have no particular affiliation or political preference. It is our stated aim to mock absolutely everyone, eventually.

https://newsthump.com/about-us/

Just in case you didn't know 

As shown onin this thread, it is amazing what Brexiteers don't know.

The effect Brexit will have on Dover and channel crossings is that it will choke the UK.......not a little sometime in the future, but IMMEDIATELY  and DRASTICALLY.

It seems Mr Raab was quite oblivious to this....

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-secretary-dominic-raab-admits-he-did-not-quite-understand-uks-reliance-on-dover-trade-route-11548111

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

NewsThump is a satirical and spoof news website, taking a daily swipe at current affairs from the UK and around the world. It is published and owned by Thump Publishing Limited.

We aim to be equal opportunity piss-takers and have no particular affiliation or political preference. It is our stated aim to mock absolutely everyone, eventually.

Just in case you didn't know 

Only a Brexiteer would feel the need to point that out......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, adammike said:

Brexiteers love publishing links from the daily express.pots and kettles.

Daily Express is different from a media outlet that states

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Daily Express is different from a media outlet that states

But you'll never see a nipple in the Daily Express.....

A Brussels plan to put a customs border in the Irish Sea if there is no Brexit agreement will be included in a divorce deal, a leaked letter from Theresa May suggests.

The prime minister was accused last night of breaking her promise to the Democratic Unionist Party that she would never sign up to a deal that could allow Northern Ireland to be divided from the rest of the United Kingdom.

The European plan, known as the “backstop to the backstop”, would leave Northern Ireland tied to the single market and customs union if Brexit talks collapse

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/no-deal-plan-will-include-new-border-in-irish-sea-3qqc908gh

2 hours ago, kwilco said:

As shown onin this thread, it is amazing what Brexiteers don't know.

The effect Brexit will have on Dover and channel crossings is that it will choke the UK.......not a little sometime in the future, but IMMEDIATELY  and DRASTICALLY.

It seems Mr Raab was quite oblivious to this....

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-secretary-dominic-raab-admits-he-did-not-quite-understand-uks-reliance-on-dover-trade-route-11548111

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dominic-raab-failing-to-grasp-basics-of-brexit-pjgrdm6jf

21 minutes ago, tebee said:

A Brussels plan to put a customs border in the Irish Sea if there is no Brexit agreement will be included in a divorce deal, a leaked letter from Theresa May suggests.

I'm really not sure that you actually read the articles you link to. The quote you gave goes no further than the viewable portion this side of the the paywall. Had you read the article you would know it goes on to say:

"A Downing Street spokesman said last night: “The prime minister’s letter sets out her commitment, which she has been absolutely clear about on any number of occasions, to never accepting any circumstances in which the UK is divided into two customs territories. The government will not agree anything that brings about a hard border on the island of Ireland.”"

In addition to which, the title is misleading anyway,  No deal usually means no withdrawal agreement. This no deal seems to mean if, after the withdrawal agreement is signed and during the transition, the EU and UK fail to come to a future relationship agreement. It doesn't appear to touch the no withdrawal agreement type no deal.

Edited by My Thai Life

14 hours ago, vogie said:

Can we just get one thing straight, it is not a "peoples vote" it is a losers vote.

Do I take it that if the same decision is left to parliament it is still a losers vote.

Just to be clear I do not support referendums(government opinion polls) just trying to highlight the nonsensical comment.

That being said you are probably right, brexit has made "the people" a loser, so much for the "will".

16 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

when the chap commented I interpreted his essential to refer to signal quality for guiding nukes

(may be wrong here though)

Your interpretation is not quite right.

Essential services are normally seen as NHS, welfare, police and the like. Poster tried to put GPS in the same bracket.

A bit like saying that your arms, which you need to defend yourself, are vital organs.

10 minutes ago, tebee said:

“I hadn’t realised” will be written on the tombstone of Brexit.

"Nobody knew Brexit could be this hard" - said in Trump's voice. Same same, but different.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Do I take it that if the same decision is left to parliament it is still a losers vote.

Just to be clear I do not support referendums(government opinion polls) just trying to highlight the nonsensical comment.

That being said you are probably right, brexit has made "the people" a loser, so much for the "will".

Can I just ask you Sandy irrespective of brexit, would you be still trying to break away from Westminster, I suspect you would.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mommysboy said:

It is however from that bastion of truth and non biased reporting called the Daily Mail.

12 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Always good for a laugh!  Alf Garnett reincarnated.

I quite like him. But as a Brexiteer I would do anyway.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, adammike said:

Brexiteers love publishing links from the daily express.pots and kettles.

So what?

At least Brexiteers actually post links.

Remainers publish links from the Independent and the Guardian (at least if they bother to post links).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

It is however from that bastion of truth and non biased reporting called the Daily Mail.

I quite like him. But as a Brexiteer I would do anyway.

Very amusing.  Regardless of your views. He does speak some common sense. Alf Garnett is a good comparison.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Can I just ask you Sandy irrespective of brexit, would you be still trying to break away from Westminster, I suspect you would.

Only under a feasible scenario and certainly not at any cost. Something the English seem to have problem comprehending, a percentage of the vote was against Alex Salmond's plan not against independence.

It is a sad fact of life that the Irish, Welsh and Scots are only British when it suits the English.

• Confused 1