Wet Passport

31 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What should I do?

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I wonder if I can travel abroad with it?

It’s impossible for anyone to give you a definitive answer. I suggest you ask at your local immigrantion office.

My advice is to get a new passport. It's damaged.

Past experience for me has been 2 passports needing replacement. The first had the coat of arms on the outside front cover worn away from use. (I travel with the large extra page business passport). Immigration told me they wouldn't accept it next time.

The 2nd I was told to replace again by immigration after my company's broker had stapled through the photo when attaching a visa application. Moisture had created 2 red dots on the photo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Farma said:

My advice is to get a new passport. It's damaged.

Past experience for me has been 2 passports needing replacement. The first had the coat of arms on the outside front cover worn away from use. (I travel with the large extra page business passport). Immigration told me they wouldn't accept it next time.

The 2nd I was told to replace again by immigration after my company's broker had stapled through the photo when attaching a visa application. Moisture had created 2 red dots on the photo.

Thanks, any idea how long it takes to get a new British passport?

7 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Not significant if you live outa Bangkok and lose 2 days work.

I Live in Issan,( You Can't live much further out of Bangkok than that )Did mine myself O.K Meant 2 Round trips to Bangkok BUT I  booked flights a Month in Advance & the 2 Trips were LESS Than 2k....Inc: Taxis from DMK to Trendy & Return......Air Asia were the cheapest....Work Didn't come into it,I'm Retired....

Edited by Nong Khai Man

33 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:
1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

My wife washed my trousers with my passport inside.

Love the blame portion.

Did the wife put the passport in your pocket ?

I washed my wife's passport once as it was in my pants pocket after we visited immigration when I threw my shorts in the laundry basket. It's easy to do. I blamed myself LOL. We check pockets more thoroughly than ever now before washing.

11 minutes ago, tropo said:

I washed my wife's passport once as it was in my pants pocket after we visited immigration when I threw my shorts in the laundry basket. It's easy to do. I blamed myself LOL. We check pockets more thoroughly than ever now before washing.

There were also bank books in the pocket. Usually she checks for money only! Once she put a bag into the was with a month old expensive camera in it!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

It’s impossible for anyone to give you a definitive answer. I suggest you ask at your local immigrantion office.

A wasted trip if the local Thai IO says it's OK but the IO at the airport doesn't.

Or even worse, the IO at the airport says it's OK but the IO at (for example) Narita says otherwise.

Then catastrophe when after flying back from (for example) Narita, the (different) Thai IO says it's unusable.

Get it replaced to fit your next planned extra terrestrial excursion. Average is about 16 day turnaround and if you live in Nakhon Nowhere well Nong Khai Man has shown how remarkably easy peasy and relatively cheap that can be.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There were also bank books in the pocket. Usually she checks for money only! Once she put a bag into the was with a month old expensive camera in it!

Perhaps you should check your pants before you put them in the wash, don't leave it to others.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I never put them in the wash, but thanks for your contribution.

Do you just leave them lying on the floor for someone to pick them up, or do you, like most people, have a dirty linen basket? That's what I mean by "putting them in the wash" not physically putting them in the washing machine.

Edited by giddyup
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Average is about 16 day turnaround and if you live in Nakhon Nowhere well Nong Khai Man has shown how remarkably easy peasy and relatively cheap that can be....

Yeah,But I'm a BARGAIN Hunter aka A Poor Pensioner or Cheap Charlie ( NO Choice )

If I were tried in Nong Kai, I'd be looking for excuses to go too bkk.

I work 7 days a week, and it is very inconvenient. I'll go with an agent, if I can find one. Annoying as I went twice last year to get new passports for my kids.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Do you just leave them lying on the floor for someone to pick them up, or do you, like most people, have a dirty linen basket? That's what I mean by "putting them in the wash" not physically putting them in the washing machine.

Why on Earth do you want to know?

I have a dirty linen basket.

I left the said trousers on a rack for the next day.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

If I were tried in Nong Kai, I'd be looking for excuses to go too bkk.

I work 7 days a week, and it is very inconvenient. I'll go with an agent, if I can find one. Annoying as I went twice last year to get new passports for my kids.

Agent is 5000 baht + incidentals.

ie. the incidentals are what you will need to pay to provide the information for the agent such as passport pictures, postage, etc..