Video: Police praised for tying little one onto dad on motorcycle

webfact

"They then advised the dad to get helmets and waved him cheerily on his way"

People who are stupid enough to ride without helmets should copy this story in their phones and, if caught, plead with the cops to advise them to get a helmet and wave them cheerily on their way.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Flawed only to dim wits ?emoji481.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Like another poster said, if you can afford a bike, you can afford a helmet. At the very least put a helmet on the child. You can get them for about 200-300 baht. Considerably better than nothing. 

As for the Range Rover comment, I’ve seen plenty of kids in nice cars not wearing seat belts. Seems it’s not only the poor who have a disregard for health and safety. Sometimes ridicule is the only way to get some people to take notice. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SABloke said:

if you can afford a motorbike, you can afford a helmet.

apparently they don't care about their own lives, nor those of their children.

cost of a children's motorcycle helmet on lazada?  less than a carton of cheap cigarettes or 3-4 lottery tickets.  half that if they get a bike helmet....still better than nothing.

29 minutes ago, jamesmith said:

you can see kids around 10 to 12 riding motor bike in Doisaket Chiangmai. 

I live near there…  in my village 10 year olds are riding the motor bikes (and with no helmets) whilst younger kids and even a baby are on the back!!!

There is no excuse for this.  The parents are to blame and should have no sympathy for them if their children get seriously injured or killed..... my only sympathy is for the children.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Like another poster said, if you can afford a bike, you can afford a helmet. At the very least put a helmet on the child. You can get them for about 200-300 baht. Considerably better than nothing. 

As for the Range Rover comment, I’ve seen plenty of kids in nice cars not wearing seat belts. Seems it’s not only the poor who have a disregard for health and safety. Sometimes ridicule is the only way to get some people to take notice. 

Believe it not I've seen a 600 baht helmet with the hinges for the visor fixed with self tapping screws. If you pushed the padding inside you could actually feel the points on the screws.

58 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Believe it not I've seen a 600 baht helmet with the hinges for the visor fixed with self tapping screws. If you pushed the padding inside you could actually feel the points on the screws.

Well, buy a cheap helmet that doesn’t have screw-heads protruding from the inside padding. 

15 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Well, buy a cheap helmet that doesn’t have screw-heads protruding from the inside padding. 

Did you post that believing I had actually bought one?

The expression I used was

'I have seen one'

I typed this slowly so it was easier for you to read.

???

Plus you missed the bit that it was the points of the screws that were inside, not the heads.

Do keep up lad.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1