Video: Police praised for tying little one onto dad on motorcycle

webfact

Why do so many speak bad about a country they choose to live in? Clearly you are not proud to be "Thai" You need to be assimilated into the basic way of living. Isn't that why you lived there in the first place. Living with a woman half your age, drink driving many things that are not accepted in advanced countries.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

1) showed a cop tying a cloth and using a cord to secure a little girl to her dad on a motorcycle - that's dumb

2) A video posted on the Facebook page of police - that's dumber

3) public comment on the story was praiseworthy for the police - that's the dumbest

The  DUMBEST is that they tied the child with the cord around HER NECK !!! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Why do so many speak bad about a country they choose to live in? Clearly you are not proud to be "Thai" You need to be assimilated into the basic way of living. Isn't that why you lived there in the first place. Living with a woman half your age, drink driving many things that are not accepted in advanced countries.

I speak badly about stupidity no matter which country it exists in. What are these "advanced" countries you speak of? A pretty condescending view if you ask me. For the record: my wife is 3 years older than me, was born and raised here, and thinks general Thai driving habits are shocking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Did you post that believing I had actually bought one?

The expression I used was

'I have seen one'

I typed this slowly so it was easier for you to read.

???

Plus you missed the bit that it was the points of the screws that were inside, not the heads.

Do keep up lad.

Thanks for the advice. I never said you did buy one. I said ‘buy’ not bought. How would I know if you had typed it slowly? What difference would that make anyway? I typed the word ‘buy’ quickly. It’s still the same word. You’re typing not speaking. 

Sorry, my bad - it was the screw-tips and not heads. So the same sentiment again, don’t buy one with the ‘screw-tips’ protruding. It’s a buyer’s world out there. 

It's easy to say 'This is Thailand' and just expect this as a normal thing. 

But when I cross the border to Vietnam suddenly 90% of the riders I see wear a helmet , compared with maybe 40% here. And less cars in Vietnam so "everyone" use a bike there. 

Last time I checked Thailand's economy was better than Vietnam .  Still they can't improve safety and just be stricter with all the bike riders here. Amazing. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, CGW said:

No hope for what? a safe & affordable public transportation system for all or the hope that people won't need to venture out and should just stay at home? ?

Its a "developing country" quite what it is developing into is beyond me, though it remains a great source for uneducated cheap wage slaves for the ruling elites! ?

And the elites are getting plenty of help from the cannon fodder

• Like 1

Could it be that the General could remove his finger from it’s rectal retention device and see that the level of stupidity re-enacted everyday here needs urgent action?

The carnage on the roads here is beyond any reasonable excuse, it is time for real General orders to make sure that proper steps are taken to teach people good road sense, to drive properly and within guidelines that are exceptable throughout the world.

No child under 14 on motorbikes as passengers,  and  over 17 as drivers, proper testing and the banning of transgressors. And this should include the police.

But of course tit where only the useless, worthless, and ineffectual is ever applied

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, greenchair said:

What a nice policeman. 

There will be 2 camps here. 

1. The rich will say, how shocking, how terrible, the child shouldn't be on the motorcycle, the policeman should have prosecuted them. 

2.the poor will say, well done mate, more like you please. 

Make it ignorant and poor and you will be getting warm

Come to terms with the fact that the rich could not care less then you will have arrived

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

I wish my wife was half my age , that would make her 35 not 48.