Iran to unveil new fighter jet, develop missiles - minister

rooster59

12 hours ago, Grouse said:

Iran borders all these countries or effectively 

You Americans may wish to snuggle up with Saudi and Israel. I am rather more fussy.

Iraq will NEVER be an ally of America.

Afganistan will never be allies with anyone unless you count Pakistan. What do you mean by  "half way around the world on the other side"? Are you American?

I suggest you buy some atlases, history books and also read up on the "great game"

Thank you for your suggestions , should I need more , please be assured I will let you know .

in your opening you state “ you Americans” 

in your closing you asking me if I was American 

Hopefully whatever problems you having it can be dealt with ?

Edited by BestB

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why?

I was merely answering a question given the choice of the USA under Trump or Iran.

I live in Thailand with my Thai family.

Neither the USA nor Iran is my neighbour.

Well for someone with so much admiration for Iran , I would have thought you would love to live there .

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I think Iran just blocks
Your internet completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not people in Thailand or anywhere else. Iran blocks foreign  internet sites people in the country. No Google, No FB. Enjoy  Islamist propaganda, Mullahs chanting, and perhaps "The Execution Channel"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Iran

Edited by ChiangMaiLightning2143
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

With the USA under Trump and they way they are heading now, I would choose Iran.

16 hours ago, BestB said:

Have you made travel arrangements yet to make a move over?

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why?

I was merely answering a question given the choice of the USA under Trump or Iran.

I live in Thailand with my Thai family.

Neither the USA nor Iran is my neighbour.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Well for someone with so much admiration for Iran , I would have thought you would love to live there .

Let's strip the the reasoning of BestB down to its essentials.

Mr. X says he'd rather live in country A than country B. Therefore, according to what we will charitably call the BestB's reasoning he would also rather live in in country A than in country C, D, E.....Z. Apparently, in BestB's world there are only 2 countries, A and B.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Nice try but no cigar.

How did you figure out that I have so much admiration for Iran?

Even I didn't know that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Let's strip the the reasoning of BestB down to its essentials.

Mr. X says he'd rather live in country A than country B. Therefore, according to what we will charitably call the BestB's reasoning he would also rather live in in country A than in country C, D, E.....Z. Apparently, in BestB's world there are only 2 countries, A and B.

Sorry I can not decipher this drivel , any chance for a translation 

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

The United States is a country based on law and the separation of powers.Even the President must compromise.Furthermore the USA is based on universal principles in a Constitution put together by men of genius.The values of freedom and the pursuit of happiness transcend national boundaries, and millions look to the US as a beacon of freedom.Millions wish to emigrate there.Nobody wishes to emigrate to Iran with its disgusting human rights record.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/iran

Those who say that Iran's moral authority is greater than that of the US do two things.They insult the people of Iran, a great and noble civilization now under a repressive regime.Secondly they misunderstand the US which is above all resilient and will shrug off the present White House incumbent.

quote "Secondly they misunderstand the US which is above all resilient and will shrug off the present White House incumbent."

After the damage has been done that will take years or decades to repair if it ever can be.

3 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Not people in Thailand or anywhere else. Iran blocks foreign  internet sites people in the country. No Google, No FB. Enjoy  Islamist propaganda, Mullahs chanting, and perhaps "The Execution Channel"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Iran

Same with "our" allied friend Saudi Arabia.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

So from just a handful of posts you have manged to come to this conclusion.

"Well for someone with so much admiration for Iran , I would have thought you would love to live there ."

You finally got it?

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

quote "Secondly they misunderstand the US which is above all resilient and will shrug off the present White House incumbent."

After the damage has been done that will take years or decades to repair if it ever can be.

And still doesn't put the US on the same level as Iran, your nonsense assertions notwithstanding.

On 8/19/2018 at 1:36 PM, Grouse said:

Thanks Trump

Great diplomatic move

The real idea behind the nuclear deal was to undermine the warlike mad mullahs: economic progress in exchange for backing away from nuclear weapons. Trump has put the militants back in charge with predictable results.

It would have been great to have a powerful ally in the area to balance Iraqi, Saudi, Israeli, Afghan and assorted nutters

It would have been nice if some posters would get a grip - especially with such notions as Iran becoming an "ally" overnight or anytime soon.

2 hours ago, oztaurus said:

Yes, be nice to the 'Muricans - or they'll bring their democracy to your country!

I'll take their democracy over what Iran has to offer. And incidentally many Iranians might like that compared to what they are living under now. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

With the USA under Trump and they way they are heading now, I would choose Iran.

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

'Forgive him, for he knows not what he posts.'

Sometimes all it takes is one unguarded popped up comment to realise that the person one is communicating with is really not to be taken seriously. About anything. If you ever did. One of those moments when one mumbles one's apologies and heads for the door. There's a whole army of them sloshing around in Patts.

38 minutes ago, Morch said:

It would have been nice if some posters would get a grip - especially with such notions as Iran becoming an "ally" overnight or anytime soon.

I prefer Persia to any of those listed.

On 8/19/2018 at 3:32 PM, Ulic said:

That is what led to the Iranian revolution of 79.

What led directly to the revolution was the White Revolution of 1963. It included land reform and giving women the right to vote. It was part of the Shah's modernization program. Too, with Shah grants, children from impoverished and illiterate families were given money to study at Western universities. Paradoxically (or maybe not) this led to many of them becoming radicalized into Tudeh or into the ranks of Khoumeini and green armbanned mullah headed revolutionary committees. It was these specific reforms, especially as they undermined the power of the ulama, that enraged Khoumeini and led to his fevered revolutionary madness. 

Edited by zydeco

23 hours ago, maximillian said:

Hah ?  The Shah was very much supported by the West. Most of all by the US and GB.

To mention the Shah and humanity in one sentence is so wrong. You never heard of his unfamous secret police force, the SAVAK ?

He replaced the democratically elected President Mossadegh. (Google: Operation Ajax, CIA, MI6)

Without that coup the mullahs wouldn't be the rulers of Iran today. Bad luck for Iran to be in the possession of oil.

Dated boilerplate. 

13 hours ago, BestB said:

Thank you for your suggestions , should I need more , please be assured I will let you know .

in your opening you state “ you Americans” 

in your closing you asking me if I was American 

Hopefully whatever problems you having it can be dealt with ?

Why don't you just answer my query? Are you embarrassed?

9 hours ago, jayboy said:

The United States is a country based on law and the separation of powers.Even the President must compromise.Furthermore the USA is based on universal principles in a Constitution put together by men of genius.The values of freedom and the pursuit of happiness transcend national boundaries, and millions look to the US as a beacon of freedom.Millions wish to emigrate there.Nobody wishes to emigrate to Iran with its disgusting human rights record.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/iran

Those who say that Iran's moral authority is greater than that of the US do two things.They insult the people of Iran, a great and noble civilization now under a repressive regime.Secondly they misunderstand the US which is above all resilient and will shrug off the present White House incumbent.

Maybe, but the USA today is a husk of its former glorious past.

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Why don't you just answer my query? Are you embarrassed?

What was your query?

Why would i be embarrassed when you making comments without any knowledge on basic geography?

Basic geography says Iran borders by Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Pakistan, Turkey, and Turkmenistan.

How on earth according to you, it borders, Iraq, Saudi and Israel is still beyond me

32 minutes ago, BestB said:

What was your query?

Why would i be embarrassed when you making comments without any knowledge on basic geography?

Basic geography says Iran borders by Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Pakistan, Turkey, and Turkmenistan.

How on earth according to you, it borders, Iraq, Saudi and Israel is still beyond me

You missed the key point.

"In practice" it borders all these countries

Glad you looked at an Atlas. You found Afganistan! Well done!

By the way you have Iraq in both lists

You really want to spar on this ?