Defrocked and in custody: vicious monk in Kanchanaburi who battered novice, 8, blames the victim

webfact

Defrocked and in custody: vicious monk in Kanchanaburi who battered novice, 8, blames the victim

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A cruel monk aged 65 mercilessly attacked an eight year old novice under his care.

He blamed the victim of being stubborn and naughty and getting up to pranks.

But the boy is in a desperate and serious condition in a Kanchanaburi hospital after the savage assault.

Look Kae police captain Amnat Janthabut was alerted to the plight of "Daeng" when he got a call from staff at the Makarak Hospital in Kanchanaburi in Thailand's central west.

Both the boy's arms were broken, he had a fractured chin, blood on the brain and wounds and bruises all over his body. He was still and in a serious condition.

The cops went to the temple in Tha Makkha district where they caught Phra Suphachai Bunlakkha, 65.

He claimed that the boy was stubborn and naughty. A nun had caught him climbing up on a cabinet to get some fledgling birds. He said he had fallen and broken his chin.

He also claimed that the boy had played with fire and once nearly burnt the temple school down.

He said he had used a wooden back-scratcher to inflict the wounds.

Police took the monk to be defrocked and afterwards took him into custody.

No charges were mentioned in the Daily News report.

Daily News spoke to the boy's mother Sukanya Tunhin, 31, who was in tears. She had her son ordained back in April and left him at the temple due to the fact that she does not have work and could not feed him.

She said her son wanted to see his father who he loves.

She said her only wish was for him to recover.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-20

There he is standing with the back scratcher,i think he must

have hit the boy with more than that to break his arms,and

to blame the 8 year old for been naughty, it's always someone

else's fault.take responsibility for what you did.

regards Worgeordie

It is difficult to find suitable words to express my anger at such a terrible assault on a small child. The sad thing is that without doubt similar incidents are happening daily nationwide. The monkhood should be something to be looked up at and respected. Too many assaults, sexual and physical, drugs and fraud going on there though. People look to the temple for moral leadership, which seems to be very sadly lacking. I hope this worthless turd gets a very lengthy prison sentence for his inexcusable barbarity.

No charges were mentioned... Attempted murder should be the charge.

Next we will have all the members who think monks can do no wrong jumping to his defence

The man is just a sick twisted bully, who need some of his own medicine.

26 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

It is difficult to find suitable words to express my anger at such a terrible assault on a small child. The sad thing is that without doubt similar incidents are happening daily nationwide. The monkhood should be something to be looked up at and respected. Too many assaults, sexual and physical, drugs and fraud going on there though. People look to the temple for moral leadership, which seems to be very sadly lacking. I hope this worthless turd gets a very lengthy prison sentence for his inexcusable barbarity.

Spot on post on this story that will certainly make me feel sick for a very long time?

Really hope that boy gets better and can somehow get a better life.

I mean, given up by his parents, because they could not afford to FEED him!!! Really, between the mum, dad, family, no one had even 25 baht to buy some food from the market?!  They had zero friends to help out with some food?

And now the Monk attacking a child like that... with no mention of criminal charges!

Situations like this are totally stupid and a disgrace for Thailand.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He blamed the victim of being stubborn and naughty and getting up to pranks.

Yep, and then it´s up to an upstanding monk that translates the words of Buddhist religion 100% percent correct to beat the living crap out of the little shitty boy.

Monk charged after novice, 9, dies from injuries

By The Nation

739b607c2a1ebd788f3123836c920f1a-sld.jpe

A senior monk in Kanchanaburi has been charged with assault resulting in death after a nine-year-old novice in his care succumbed on Sunday night to serious injuries that had put him in a coma.

Luangta Supachai Sutthiyano, 64, of Wat Don Khamin in Tha Maka district, who had already been disrobed following his arrest for assault earlier on Sunday, was booked on the more serious charge.

He told police the boy had often been “naughty and disobedient” since taking his novice vows in April.

Fellow novices said the latest incident included the boy being forced to sit in a container of water and being violently pushed against a pillar, which gashed his chin and knocked him unconscious.

Suspecting he was feigning, the monk lifted the boy up and slammed him back onto the floor, resulting in serious head injury, they said.

Once conscious, he was allegedly beaten repeatedly with a thick wooden stick.

The matter came to light when Wat Don Khamin Foundation volunteers directing funeral traffic at the temple on Saturday evening were asked to take the unconscious novice to hospital.

Told he’d suffered “a seizure from illness”, the volunteers noticed multiple bruises, the gash on his chin, a broken arm, and an apparent head injury that turned out to be masking an intracerebral haemorrhage.

Doctors at Makarak Hospital gave the comatose novice less than a 20-per-cent chance of surviving but transferred him to intensive care at Paholpolpayuhasena Hospital in Muang district.

Look Kae police took Luangta Supachai in for questioning on Sunday, at which point he allegedly confessed.

A doctor’s statement detailing the fatal injuries is awaited so the prosecution can proceed.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30352524

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-20

It is reading news like this that makes me wish that being beaten to death by an angry mob was still an acceptable form of punishment, because on this occasion, it would be a punishment that would most certainly fit the crime.

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

Monk charged after novice, 9, dies from injuries

By The Nation

739b607c2a1ebd788f3123836c920f1a-sld.jpe

A senior monk in Kanchanaburi has been charged with assault resulting in death after a nine-year-old novice in his care succumbed on Sunday night to serious injuries that had put him in a coma.

Luangta Supachai Sutthiyano, 64, of Wat Don Khamin in Tha Maka district, who had already been disrobed following his arrest for assault earlier on Sunday, was booked on the more serious charge.

He told police the boy had often been “naughty and disobedient” since taking his novice vows in April.

Fellow novices said the latest incident included the boy being forced to sit in a container of water and being violently pushed against a pillar, which gashed his chin and knocked him unconscious.

Suspecting he was feigning, the monk lifted the boy up and slammed him back onto the floor, resulting in serious head injury, they said.

Once conscious, he was allegedly beaten repeatedly with a thick wooden stick.

The matter came to light when Wat Don Khamin Foundation volunteers directing funeral traffic at the temple on Saturday evening were asked to take the unconscious novice to hospital.

Told he’d suffered “a seizure from illness”, the volunteers noticed multiple bruises, the gash on his chin, a broken arm, and an apparent head injury that turned out to be masking an intracerebral haemorrhage.

Doctors at Makarak Hospital gave the comatose novice less than a 20-per-cent chance of surviving but transferred him to intensive care at Paholpolpayuhasena Hospital in Muang district.

Look Kae police took Luangta Supachai in for questioning on Sunday, at which point he allegedly confessed.

A doctor’s statement detailing the fatal injuries is awaited so the prosecution can proceed.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30352524

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-20

Surely the cop wants to garrotte this mother where he sits the same as me how he is still in one piece is a mystery.

The little guy is just 8 years old its a shocking horror story .

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She had her son ordained back in April and left him at the temple due to the fact that she does not have work and could not feed him.

There is tragedy number one, a child being delivered to a savage, because the mother couldn't feed him.

Poor woman thought she was doing the right thing, and you would like to expect that a Buddhist temple would indeed be a safe place for a child.

Whatever punishment this scum bag gets, it is nowhere near enough. If there is indeed a hell, I hope he gets the hottest spot going.

What a disgusting piece of excrement, beats the hell out of the boy then has the damned audacity to blame the poor defenceless boy.

First degree murder, jail for the rest of his life, or send him to me, i would gladly beat the s++t out of him.

The poor boys mother thought she was doing the best thing for the boy, only to put him into the hands of this scum.

If he is an example of Buddism i feel sorry for anyone who has to go to any temple to become a novice.

R.I.P. young man, i hope you are at rest, condolences to his mother, poor lady must be going through hell right now.

Compassionate Buddhism in action.  Monks are above reproach.

"You no can say bad thing about monk.  Monk puuyai maak maak."  ***Not***  Any person who beats a kid to the point that they need hospitalization is a monster - monks included.

If that was my kid?  'nuff said.

Hope the ex-monk doesn't get completely away with this young boys murder but you just never know. Probably we'll never hear the penalty. On the other hand plenty of Thailand guardians been there and got similar beatings themselves. 

This MURDER is only one of the major serious crimes committed under the guise of Monkhood. Once totally indoctrinated, even after leaving the Temple, inductees are sworn to secrecy as to anything that happened to them during their Monkhood training. Everytime I see a line of Monks with one or two children marching along in front of their mentors, I cringe.

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Really hope that boy gets better and can somehow get a better life.

I mean, given up by his parents, because they could not afford to FEED him!!! Really, between the mum, dad, family, no one had even 25 baht to buy some food from the market?!  They had zero friends to help out with some food?

And now the Monk attacking a child like that... with no mention of criminal charges!

Situations like this are totally stupid and a disgrace for Thailand.

Humans taking advantage of others because they believe they are helpless happens world wide.  Also the failure of us humans to share food, power, water and resources. Based on your comments I fully expect you to cheerfully go feed a hungry family once a week as anger, contempt, and words fails to feed anyone. Peace. 

i want 5minutes alone with him pleaseeeeeeee? Perhaps refrock him in grandmas best sunday dress for shts and giggles. Ill tear his arms and legs off and use them to belt him to a pulp.

the longer i live in thailand the less i can accept any form of religion as showing any form of merit or i should say sanity. Ive never been religious as you would just have to be an idiot. really.....

The guy is 65 years old, and has been a monk there for who knows how long...

People/guys who abuse children like that most likely don't just start at age 65.

Who knows how many children the same guy has abused previously without ever getting caught. Or, perhaps he did get caught, and nothing came of it.

More than likely, this unfortunate boy is just the tip of the iceberg.

Archived