Have a go against police online and face jail, says lawyer

webfact

Have a go against police online and face jail, says lawyer

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A leading online lawyer has warned against people venting their frustrations against the Thai police on Facebook.

Ratchaphon Sirisakhorn was writing on his page "Sai Trong Kotmai" (Law direct).

He said that Article 136 meant that letting off steam by posting inflammatory articles about the Thai cops could land the poster in jail for a year or make them subject to a 20,000 baht fine.

Or both.

Daily News said it was understandable that people might be frustrated after being arrested or ticketed by the cops but they should be careful what they say.

Ratchaphon has been in the news a lot recently after commenting on legal action that could be taken in a variety of situations including defaming Thai women for having small breasts.

His face and online assistance has become so familiar that he has been affectionately dubbed the "Baldy Brief".

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-20
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Khun Paul said:

The Thai Justice system always believes the Cops over an honest hardworking person or a retired Foreigner with an unblemished record`.

I think that statement is very true. 

I also believe that the justice system here in Thailand thinks that the "Cops" never lie and think that everyone else lies all the time. Might be why the prisons are overcrowded. The cops have great power in this country. Too much I'd say.

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Thank you for the spelling and grammar check. :coffee1:

No plomplem - it was meant as a bit of a joke, but there's actually nothing wrong with the grammar!!

Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, Khun Paul said:

Unfortunately like this so-called lawyer, the Police are well known for OWN GOALS, by their actions or lack of it. I really do not know how just by telling the truth, you could be fined or imprisoned, unless of course The Thai Justice system always believes the Cops over an honest hardworking person or a retired Foreigner with an unblemished record`.

If so we are all doomed, I tell yer.DOOMED !!!! 

Nah come on, it will be fine. don't think they are to worried about Tv grumpy gits.

pg7-mainwaring.jpg

Edited by stanleycoin

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

I would never dream of defaming a Thai policeman; particularly one who pockets 300,000 baht per year from a beverage company. 

Which is just a little less than what that officer picks up in "tea money".

23 hours ago, Ceruhe said:

too incompetent to regulate traffic and their female staff has small breasts. 

too incompetent to regulate traffic and their female male staff has small breasts. 

and now some waterlogged BIBs have upped the ante, and kidnapped 4 Malaysian fishermen on the high seas...

Those fishermen will be jailed for Life, if they utter anything Online against the uniformed pirates who snatched them