TRUE Vision - Deposit stolen

Wallander4

I'm not the first victim nor will I be the last.

We cancelled our subscription for TRUE Vision in good time before it expired after 6 months (feb 2018). After calling and repeated visits at TRUE Shop at Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit (near Outlet) we were told on our last visit that refund of deposit was approved and would be transferred to bank account in coming week ...

Since we didn't get our deposit, wife called and was suddenly told that we cancelled too late and still owed TRUE 1 month payment - this is of course a lie and a lousy excuse to keep our deposit.

So be ware new costumers of TRUE - your deposit you will never see ...

3 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Similar for me here, they will not give deposit back. Not sure if this is a company thing or the employees on a fiddle..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thai wife spoke to many diff TRUE people and all give their own little lie so hard to figure out whats going on in that thieving Company that claims they have the #1 costumer service … Sad state this country is in

Same here

Must have been with them  5 + yrs

Man came to get Box,Dish ect - We had 2 boxes they were billing for, but were confused about the second box as it was not on the original order                

I read about all this before about not getting money back

When man came i did not have the HDMI lead for the box so told him they can take it out of the Deposit as I knew i wouldn't see it ( actually wife )

We've had billing problems with both True and AIS.  The last time we paid our True bill the clerk told us we had an unpaid charge from 2015--never mind that we have been paying our bills every month for the last 3 years and this charge never came up before on any of our billing statements or any of the times we paid our bills at the counter.  My Thai partner disputed the charge and got it removed.

From past experiences, we now keep careful records of all the bills we pay as we have had problems too many times with  being over-charged and charged again for bills we already paid.  I would not give up on getting your deposit back; you can dispute a charge and be successful.  I would bring whatever paperwork you have, and your wife, and try a different True branch.  

14 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Similar for me here, they will not give deposit back. Not sure if this is a company thing or the employees on a fiddle..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

We cancelled and a month later called about the deposit.

Response from true visions lady:

- There was another customer at this condo address before you signed up.

- She cancelled and we prepared a deposit refund. But we didn't know where to send the refund cheque and then we discovered she moved back to China to live.

- So until that deposit refund is fully completed we cannot refund your deposit.

Asked to speak to the manger - too busy.

Forget it, move on.

From what I know , you can only cancel in person and must provide passport or Thai id.

Yoi also have to fill out cancellation form and they give you a copy.

So if you did cancel, they should have given you the copy and it shows which date you canceled .

Might be worth calling and speaking with management 

Didn't have a problem getting mine back, luckily. Took the box to a True Shop, they even said keep the HDMI cable. 3 months later deposit paid back into account. IIRC they did give me a form to fill in with bank account details for the refund.

Sent using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

Didn't have a problem getting mine back, luckily. Took the box to a True Shop, they even said keep the HDMI cable. 3 months later deposit paid back into account. IIRC they did give me a form to fill in with bank account details for the refund.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yes they got my bank account info, passport copy etc. Everything is in order except from TRUE -

15 minutes ago, Wallander4 said:

I got a cancellation paper from them also stating that I delivered their box back, HDMI wire etc. - got all bills paid but thieves will be thieves and that is so TRUE for this criminal company

Give them a call yourself and demand to speak with manager., also threaten manager with OCPB 

They are still up to that !, they would not repay my deposit of 4K,

that must have been 12-15 years ago,would never use them ever

again,now with everything available for free off the Internet,just

hope it's affecting their bottom line.

regards worgeordie

When i cancelled my subscription i made sure i was up to date with all payments and gave the proper notice. Not only didn't i get my deposit back but TRUE had the cheek to write and say i owed them money.

They are silly really because with holding my 2000 deposit ensures i will NEVER do business with them again.

Archived