I Need a Help. I Have No Idea.

34 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Honda CBR 150 R Mileage. Honda CBR 150 R gives a mileage of 38 Kmpl as claimed by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI).

38 km/l on 645 km makes 17 liters.

Price about 30 Baht/liter.

Makes 510 Baht.

38 km/l sounds a bit optimistic.

But 1000 Baht will surely be enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Based on my Kawasaki 650 , you should be able to do your trip for 1000 baht. maybe 1200.

645 kilometers.

Honda CBR 150 R Mileage. Honda CBR 150 R gives a mileage of 38 Kmpl as claimed by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI).

oh shit, i don't have time to do the math, my two girl massage is at the door. so i could be wrong

I feel like also same price haha

1 hour ago, otherstuff1957 said:

I've had a couple of friends who've owned CBR150s.  They are great bikes.  Despite being very quick, they get good fuel economy.  I would be surprised if you spent more than 500 baht driving from Surat to BKK.

I feel like 1,000 - 1,200 Baht.

1 minute ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Yeah I also wanna CBR 250 but I don’t like to color. So no idea now.

Weeeeeell, remember this...With your head down behind the fairing flat out on a CBR150, a Toyota Vigo with the extended family in the back, WILL overtake you and be waving...At that moment you will NOT worry about the colour of the bike, more your face....?

18 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

510 Baht? It’s impossible. I guess it will be around 1,000-1,200 Baht.

You ask for informed answers.

You get informed answers.

You then dispute informed answers without providing evidence.

You actually just wanted confirmation that you are right when you are not right.

OK, I will say you are right.

Do you feel better now?

What is the longest trip you have previously undertaken on a motorcycle?

• Like 2

It's around 650km from Surat Thani to the centre of Bangkok.

According to various stats online for 5 year old CBR150R they will average 30 - 35kml.

Fuel is about 30฿ per litre. 

650km / 30km = 21.7 ltr * 30฿ = 651฿

Surat Thani to the centre of Bangkok riding a 5 year old CBR150R should cost no more than  651฿. Max.

Probably more likely around 500฿

Edited by Madgee
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You ask for informed answers.

You get informed answers.

You then dispute informed answers without providing evidence.

You actually just wanted confirmation that you are right when you are not right.

OK, I will say you are right.

Do you feel better now?

What is the longest trip you have previously undertaken on a motorcycle?

Calm down man. I just said because of I'm not feel like this price. Right now I use Honda Click 125cc when I drive from Surat Thani to Krabi I pay around one way 200 Baht. That's why I said 500 Baht impossible. But of course I dont know Honda CBR 150 how may be cheaper or something. Of course you guys know better than me.

26 minutes ago, Madgee said:

It's around 650km from Surat Thani to the centre of Bangkok.

According to various stats online for 5 year old CBR150R they will average 30 - 35kml.

Fuel is about 30฿ per litre. 

650km / 30km = 21.7 ltr * 30฿ = 651฿

Surat Thani to the centre of Bangkok riding a 5 year old CBR150R should cost no more than  651฿. Max.

Probably more likely around 500฿

Wow! But can I ask also. Because I don't know well as I told you. Right now I use Honda click 125. When I driver from Surat Thani to Krabi one way I pay gasoline around 200 Baht. If I compore with surat to bkk with 600 baht it's look like so expensive? Because of what? May be honda click use more gasoline?

sorry for broken english

Edited by sananeamk0715

6 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Wow! But can I ask also. Because I don't know well as I told you. Right now I use Honda click 125. When I driver from Surat Thani to Krabi one way I pay gasoline around 200 Baht. If I compore with surat to bkk with 600 baht it's look like so expensive? Because of what? May be honda click use more gasoline?

sorry for broken english

Perhaps you should stick to your Click if you are worried about a few baht in fuel consumption chap..?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps you should stick to your Click if you are worried about a few baht in fuel consumption chap..?

I just asked. Already I separate around 1,000 for gasoline. but when people said 600 baht I was shock. because I didnt expect like this cheap.

4 hours ago, sananeamk0715 said:

sd.png

The exhaust "muffler"  on the pictured bike is not standard..louder than normal and most likely is illegal too...the police can issue fines for  exhausts without the T.I.S  stamp on the exhaust..in some places

( Pattaya for sure) they even have been known to confiscate the exhaust pipe.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, johng said:

The exhaust "muffler"  on the pictured bike is not standard..louder than normal and most likely is illegal too...the police can issue fines for  exhausts without the T.I.S  stamp on the exhaust..in some places

( Pattaya for sure) they even have been known to confiscate the exhaust pipe.

I didn't know that. That's why this saturday I'll go and see. What's the name or brand of the exhaust? I'd like to check sound from internet.

Edited by sananeamk0715

8 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

I didn't know that. That's why this saturday I'll go and see. What's the name or brand of the exhaust? I'd like to check sound from internet.

I think you maybe lost on this subject ....Stay with your Click...All will be OK....?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sananeamk0715 said:

510 Baht? It’s impossible. I guess it will be around 1,000-1,200 Baht.

Why do you ask if your feeling is above mathematics?

I hope that at least it is clear that this is the price for one way (650 km).

I am out here.

A) You do NOT need a Work Permit to buy a motorcycle. I have bought 3 motorcycles (and my late father also bought 3) and neither of us had a Work Permit and the vast majority of other foreigners that have bought motorcycles in Thailand most likely don't have Work Permits either. I've bought them while having nothing more than a "30 Day"  stamp in my passport (same thing for dear old dad when he bought his first one).

B) You DO need a "Certificate of Residence". The last time I bought a scooter I had to get a 2nd Certificate because the one I had at the time was over 1 month old. Came back the next day with a new Certificate and was riding home within about 20 minutes.

C) You may be better off trying to find a bike in Bangkok. Probably a better selection and possibly cheaper prices (more shops, more selections, more competition). Beware of "aftermarket" modifications, especially on used bikes. There may be very good reasons why that bike is for sale at a low price (like an aftermarket muffler that makes every traffic cop within 10kms start reaching for his ticket book).

D) Remember that you can not go on the Toll Highways when going into Bangkok so your route will may be a bit whacky depending on where you are going.

E) You should have, at the minimum, a valid license to ride motorcycles from your home country as well as an International Driver's Permit (IDP). Having a Thai Driver's License is even better (and avoids a lot of hassles at checkpoints).

F) INSURANCE !!  INSURANCE !!!  INSURANCE !!! No, my caps lock key was not stuck. Far too many people (Thai and foreign) get into accidents and find out afterwards that they do NOT have ANY insurance !

The government mandatory insurance that you get when you register your bike every year and pay your road tax provides limited coverage. You NEED to get additional 3rd party coverage, at least for Medical coverage. For example, Bangkok Bank (and other banks I assume) offer an Insurance package that provides extra medical insurance in case I'm in a motorcycle accident. The policy I have costs 8,000 baht a year (only covers for motorcycle accidents).

Assorted other Insurance agencies offer different Insurance packages (up to "Class 1") which may suit your needs (and budget).

You are going to be riding around Bangkok a lot I assume. You really, really want to make sure you have that additional insurance.

(Note: if you do not have proper driver's license/IDP and get into an accident, your insurance may not cover you. Also, most "Travel Insurance" policies do NOT cover you in the event of a motorcycle accident - read the policy carefully.

Also, if you have any Medical Insurance from your home country, check that it covers you while in Thailand. You may be surprised to learn that they will happily keep taking your premiums while you are out of the country, while refusing to accept any claims made from there.

Also - if your employer has a medical insurance policy, check how long you have to work for them before you are covered ! Some companies may have a "trial" period where you have to work for (weeks or months) before you are eligible for coverage.

Riding a motorcycle in Thailand is dangerous at the best of times. 
Wear the appropriate gear (helmet, shoes, long pants and a shirt or light jacket that covers your arms at least. That way if you do go for a tumble most of your skin will stay on your body hopefully. All it takes is one accident to make you really regret not wearing the gear.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

A) You do NOT need a Work Permit to buy a motorcycle. I have bought 3 motorcycles (and my late father also bought 3) and neither of us had a Work Permit and the vast majority of other foreigners that have bought motorcycles in Thailand most likely don't have Work Permits either. I've bought them while having nothing more than a "30 Day"  stamp in my passport (same thing for dear old dad when he bought his first one).

B) You DO need a "Certificate of Residence". The last time I bought a scooter I had to get a 2nd Certificate because the one I had at the time was over 1 month old. Came back the next day with a new Certificate and was riding home within about 20 minutes.

C) You may be better off trying to find a bike in Bangkok. Probably a better selection and possibly cheaper prices (more shops, more selections, more competition). Beware of "aftermarket" modifications, especially on used bikes. There may be very good reasons why that bike is for sale at a low price (like an aftermarket muffler that makes every traffic cop within 10kms start reaching for his ticket book).

D) Remember that you can not go on the Toll Highways when going into Bangkok so your route will may be a bit whacky depending on where you are going.

E) You should have, at the minimum, a valid license to ride motorcycles from your home country as well as an International Driver's Permit (IDP). Having a Thai Driver's License is even better (and avoids a lot of hassles at checkpoints).

F) INSURANCE !!  INSURANCE !!!  INSURANCE !!! No, my caps lock key was not stuck. Far too many people (Thai and foreign) get into accidents and find out afterwards that they do NOT have ANY insurance !

The government mandatory insurance that you get when you register your bike every year and pay your road tax provides limited coverage. You NEED to get additional 3rd party coverage, at least for Medical coverage. For example, Bangkok Bank (and other banks I assume) offer an Insurance package that provides extra medical insurance in case I'm in a motorcycle accident. The policy I have costs 8,000 baht a year (only covers for motorcycle accidents).

Assorted other Insurance agencies offer different Insurance packages (up to "Class 1") which may suit your needs (and budget).

You are going to be riding around Bangkok a lot I assume. You really, really want to make sure you have that additional insurance.

(Note: if you do not have proper driver's license/IDP and get into an accident, your insurance may not cover you. Also, most "Travel Insurance" policies do NOT cover you in the event of a motorcycle accident - read the policy carefully.

Also, if you have any Medical Insurance from your home country, check that it covers you while in Thailand. You may be surprised to learn that they will happily keep taking your premiums while you are out of the country, while refusing to accept any claims made from there.

Also - if your employer has a medical insurance policy, check how long you have to work for them before you are covered ! Some companies may have a "trial" period where you have to work for (weeks or months) before you are eligible for coverage.

Riding a motorcycle in Thailand is dangerous at the best of times. 
Wear the appropriate gear (helmet, shoes, long pants and a shirt or light jacket that covers your arms at least. That way if you do go for a tumble most of your skin will stay on your body hopefully. All it takes is one accident to make you really regret not wearing the gear.

A)I don't know about this because I never had before motorcycle or car in Thailand. As the shop told me you need a work permit and passport for buy motorcycle(green book). 

B)I guess if you have a work permit then you don't need certificate of residence? Because when I tried the apply driver license they asked my work permit(but at the time I don't have work permit) then I went to my homecountry embassy get certificate of residence then give to DLT office. They were ok. May be when buy a motorcycle they are still ok with work permit if not I can get certificate of residence from home country embassy. No problem.

C)This 2 of motorbikes from rental shop. As they told me both of them 5 years old and rent from different customers. So tomorrow I'll go and see. If still look ok may be buy.

E)Actually I have driver's license from home country but when I asked DLT office change to Thai driver license. They said have to translate Thai and make correct from embassy but no time to go Bangkok. So I just applied Thai driver license. 

F)Sorry I have no idea about this. I never had motorcycle or car in Thailand. So if I make insurance it's around 8,000 Baht per year?

And can I know? How much tax am I have to pay per year?

• Confused 1

You sound like you have just about the same skill level as most untrained unlicensed Thai 16 year old kids that ride motorcycles in Thailand. Meaning you have had ZERO training on how to ride a motorcycle safely and skillfully. I am hoping I never see you on the road when I am driving.

• Confused 1

Is this a real same questions over and over.....

color.... if that works for you take the money out your pocket and get after it.

Might want to research color changes.... cars I’m told if over 

50% color change then you’ve some issues to sort out with the Land Department.  % can / is determined by the officer.

yes you can drink a beer walking down the street...as long as po po

Doesnt stop you.... ooops that happened in Mexico

It’ll go ask fast as it goes.

Do you have any experience riding a  moto? ...if not steady as she goes

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kurtf said:

You sound like you have just about the same skill level as most untrained unlicensed Thai 16 year old kids that ride motorcycles in Thailand. Meaning you have had ZERO training on how to ride a motorcycle safely and skillfully. I am hoping I never see you on the road when I am driving.

R u retard or mongol or autistic what? I don't have motorcycle yet. I just asking to people I'm thinking about the buy. Why the hell you saying you look like ..... I didn't say I'm driving this motorcycle without license etc. I'm trying to do Thai driver license but no time. I'm working.

I guess you are not more than 20 years old. Because your message not make sense.

Edited by sananeamk0715

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

Is this a real same questions over and over.....

color.... if that works for you take the money out your pocket and get after it.

Might want to research color changes.... cars I’m told if over 

50% color change then you’ve some issues to sort out with the Land Department.  % can / is determined by the officer.

yes you can drink a beer walking down the street...as long as po po

Doesnt stop you.... ooops that happened in Mexico

It’ll go ask fast as it goes.

Do you have any experience riding a  moto? ...if not steady as she goes

hahahaha

Start with small steps. First get a motorcycle licence. Then hire an automatic 100 - 125 cc scooter, and practice with that. Graduate to the bigger bikes as you acquire competence.

Going straight to a CBR with no experience sounds like a good suicide plan.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Start with small steps. First get a motorcycle licence. Then hire an automatic 100 - 125 cc scooter, and practice with that. Graduate to the bigger bikes as you acquire competence.

Going straight to a CBR with no experience sounds like a good suicide plan.

A CBR150 is a girls bike...

2 minutes ago, transam said:

A CBR150 is a girls bike...

Call me a girl if you want. I'm still here after 9 years on a scooter in Thailand.

Geez, give sound advice to someone and there has to be a contribution from the peanut gallery.

Edited by Lacessit

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Call me a girl if you want. I'm still here after 9 years on a scooter in Thailand.

Geez, give sound advice to someone and there has to be a contribution from the peanut gallery.

No CBR150 then....?