Tourist police tell British Embassy evidence does not support assault allegation on Koh Tao

webfact

1 minute ago, jimmynewbie said:

He is a westerner lol

Ah and you know for a fact that he was there on Koh Tao right by the phone waiting to take Sarah's call? You have so much inside information - I'm impressed.

Maybe you should try calling the bar yourself just to clarify this and we'll see how well that goes ? 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

As much as you can know it was a Thai! or perhaps you was there?

Not claiming I know - but quite comfortable with the supposition of a 99% certainty the phone would have been answered by a Thai. As I suggested why don't you call the bar's number to see how you get on? 

Oh and by the way I'm struggling to find this bars telephone number myself so I do hope you have it handy...

The main point is the police went to the bar on the 26th , they also claim they knew nothing about the rape or even a robbery had taken place at that time! Big Joke has lied to the interviewer Sithichai and the Brit Consul, they might not be so easily swayed as posters here.  The tide also , you think the Brits will not check this?

1 minute ago, jimmynewbie said:

The main point is the police went to the bar on the 26th , they also claim they knew nothing about the rape or even a robbery had taken place at that time! Big Joke has lied to the interviewer Sithichai and the Brit Consul, they might not be so easily swayed as posters here.  The tide also , you think the Brits will not check this?

In your one track determination to see demons where there are none, I fear your reading comprehension isn't quite what it could be...

If you read again the now removed message you posted on here from the bar's co owner,  it clearly states that the bar manager had told his partner, that the police attended later -  'around the end of June' and not on the 26th itself.

So your new main point now is?

On 8/31/2018 at 4:37 PM, Jeremy50 said:

No surprises that the decision to sell that land [which was gifted to Britain anyway] came soon after the BREXIT vote had devalued the pound by 20%, so they will make an absolute killing on the exchange rate, strong baht to almost worthless pound. The Victorians would have had the whole of this useless shower horsewhipped, and then strapped shirtless to the back of a cannon in the hot sun for a day.

so they are saying there was no rape ? and also saying she did not file a report of it , so how come they have items that show no evidence if no report was done ???  sounds to me like its a cover up and that it might be a high ranking police officer that is doing the raping and murders its certainly possible it has happened before in different countries , why dont they put that to the police commissioner or is it him thats doing it ? 

59 minutes ago, Shadychris said:

In your one track determination to see demons where there are none, I fear your reading comprehension isn't quite what it could be...

If you read again the now removed message you posted on here from the bar's co owner,  it clearly states that the bar manager had told his partner, that the police attended later -  'around the end of June' and not on the 26th itself.

So your new main point now is?

WRONG check social media as the screenshot is not allowed here and has been deleted, The police went to check the CCTV from the 26th, they said manager said was not working, but police say taped over, 2 stories ! go troll somebody else

21 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

so they are saying there was no rape ? and also saying she did not file a report of it , so how come they have items that show no evidence if no report was done ???  sounds to me like its a cover up and that it might be a high ranking police officer that is doing the raping and murders its certainly possible it has happened before in different countries , why dont they put that to the police commissioner or is it him thats doing it ? 

Correct, they say no rape but went to check the CCTV at bar, owner saying it was not working.

They denied any report just last week lol  Police say taped over, they say tide was too high up beach but it was not or how did the girl have sex with her friend on the beach.

Big Joke says he interviewed many witness, what witness? how so quickly! too many contradictions even for the Thai Police. The UK will see right through these lies

Of course its a cover up, Prawit made sure of that. He promoted Big Joke by the way, sounds familiar

5 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Perhaps you missed in the other thread that she admitted to having had sex with someone else as a result of an argument/falling out with her boyfriend.

I understand that's the discredited hearsay version (what someone heard someone say is hearsay,  inadmissible in UK Courts)  by the very vested owner of where she was staying. And breaking news is that now Rooster reveals that Toad dispatched Big Joke to find...  Absolutely Nothing.  

Like I predicted he, BJ would. 

16 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

WRONG check social media as the screenshot is not allowed here and has been deleted, THE police went to the bar on the 26th and the owner is very clear about that! go troll somebody else

For the avoidance of doubt, here's the screen-shot with the owners name redacted which hopefully should not now breach the forum rules.

Read it very slowly and pay attention to the words.

In particular this bit  'the local police came to our bar sometime at the end of June and asked about our CCTV which unfortunately was not working properly on the night of the 26th'

He refers to the CCTV not working properly on the 26th - but he does not by any stretch of even an over active imagination, state that the police attended on the 26th

barowner.jpg

ok 26th of June or the end lol somewhere between the end 27 to 30th. THEY said they knew nothing about this just last week?? why lie?  Too much BS and luckily the UK Met are taking up with the National Crime Agency and probably having a good laugh at them for trying to issue a warrant for arrest of people abroad for 'fake news'

You are clutching at straws again! 

Of course watchman has done exactly the same as in 2014

The owner of hostel who is not actually the owner also lied, should she be arrested for defamation  too?

18 hours ago, tracy3eyes said:

Tread Water - but that would be at hightide and not at the time of the incident in which case the Tourist Police basically lied did they not. Are the Embassy even aware of the height of the tide at the time of the incident.

The UK officials will be sat there knowing full well that the Tourist Police are lying. Sad! Poor girl!

Well they can check the tide tables, if they exist in Koh Tao. Also the original reporting said that it was very near where poor Hannah and David were slain that she was claiming to have been raped, but does that mean it was literally on the beach below the rocks shown in many shots of the previous crime scene? I seem to recall that above the rocks was considerably higher so how do the Tourist police know exactly where she was claiming to have been raped? It could have been  on the higher ground. If drugged she might not even be sure herself exactly where it was.

18 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The police have stated that the woman`s story has flaws because at the time she alleged to have been on the beach, that area would have been under water due to the tides and I see no reasons why the police statement is not credible.

I still say, BULL, to the woman`s story including other westerners, activists, stirring the pot with fake news. I guarantee that the woman in question, will not come forward to clarify her story and not leave any doubts, because it`s been lies, lies, lies from the very beginning with western activists using this case to benefit their own agendas against Thailand. 

You sir, are either a Thai Troll or a Thai apologist.  I have been watching your posts of late and your diatribe is always the same.  For your information, as follows:

1.  It is clear from information about local tides and times that, the alleged assault took place when the tide was not high and there was plenty of dry land available.  This tide thing was just a ploy at obfuscation and is now old history.

2.  The 'woman in question' I would imagine is too sh*t scared to return for clarification, and frankly I do not blame her, given Koh Tao's past history for rapes, murders and the RTP framing the wrong person, and also members of certain protected families fleeing the scene.

3.  Agendas against Thailand?  There is no smoke without fire and you have to ask yourself why would there be any need for negative comments if there were not some basis in experience (usually bad) or a large amount of history to give support to this negativity - if indeed it is that and not just a reaction to bad experience.

34 minutes ago, Frotting said:

You sir, are either a Thai Troll or a Thai apologist.  I have been watching your posts of late and your diatribe is always the same.  For your information, as follows:

1.  It is clear from information about local tides and times that, the alleged assault took place when the tide was not high and there was plenty of dry land available.  This tide thing was just a ploy at obfuscation and is now old history.

2.  The 'woman in question' I would imagine is too sh*t scared to return for clarification, and frankly I do not blame her, given Koh Tao's past history for rapes, murders and the RTP framing the wrong person, and also members of certain protected families fleeing the scene.

3.  Agendas against Thailand?  There is no smoke without fire and you have to ask yourself why would there be any need for negative comments if there were not some basis in experience (usually bad) or a large amount of history to give support to this negativity - if indeed it is that and not just a reaction to bad experience.

The woman wasnt sh*t scared when she reported the ALLEGED rape to the Thai police in another jurisdiction. They`re all the same outfit as far as I know.

The RTP framing the wrong person, and also members of certain protected families fleeing the scene, has all been conspiracy theories, none of this has been proven as fact. What is fact, is that women have made false claims of rape in the past to protect their own reputations, especially those with boyfriends or husbands. It is possible that she was seen on KT fornicating with a guy or guys and she claimed rape rather than letting her boyfriend know she`d been a naughty girl.

The Thai police have investigated the beach area and confirmed there was a high tide that night. If you don`t believe them, that`s your problem, because I and many others do. How would she had managed to get from wherever she was ALLEGEDLY drugged, to the beach without being seen by someone or people. Teenage girls rarely travel alone, especially to foreign places, so who were the last persons or person to have seen her during the time she was supposed to have been drugged? Where are the witnesses?

As regards negative comments about Thailand and those that consider the Thai police to be incompetent or corrupt, then it`s up to the woman to face the music, crawl out from her hiding place, confront the situation head on and state her case. But as I said and keep saying; I doubt she will be making an appearance at any time soon for reasons that I consider her story is a load of bull and only the woman can prove to me and others that share my opinions, wrong. Your so-called facts based on conspiracy theories is also a load of bull.

Anyway, I`m flattered that you are following my posts and hope you are finding them entertaining, I would hate to disappoint.

I have to wonder about this young womans choices,  she claims that she was

raped, but  goes to the Blue moon party right after that experience?  I have heard

lots of stories of the BMP and women get molested and some even raped there,

so that is what makes me wonder. I wonder if she told the tourist police at

Koh Pha-Ngan anything? If not , why not?

21 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The police have stated that the woman`s story has flaws because at the time she alleged to have been on the beach, that area would have been under water due to the tides and I see no reasons why the police statement is not credible.

I still say, BULL, to the woman`s story including other westerners, activists, stirring the pot with fake news. I guarantee that the woman in question, will not come forward to clarify her story and not leave any doubts, because it`s been lies, lies, lies from the very beginning with western activists using this case to benefit their own agendas against Thailand. 

The logic of the tidal flow, if true ,is forensic evidence the girl was lying or very inaccurate. 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, canopus1969 said:

Our Embassy in Thailand is a (sad) joke - doubt if they even know where Koh Tao is   ☹️

I am still in shock that the British Embassy staff took time out of their busy schedule of cheese and wine and garden parties, hob-knobbing with criminals and generally patting themselves on the back for doing absolutely nothing all day long to discuss the case of a British national with the Thai deputation. 

1 hour ago, The manic said:

The logic of the tidal flow, if true ,is forensic evidence the girl was lying or very inaccurate. 

It is difficult to agree.

At the time of the alleged rape we do not know what the tidal situation was like. Clearly if the beach was flooded it would not have been the case all night/early morning. 

What the media have been shown is some holiday snaps , with little evidential value; when was the pictures taken and by who. For the picture to be shot somebody must have been standing on the flooded beach.

If it is impossible to travel along the beach at the time in question, where are the public cctv images that should have captured her 

There is also another possibility, if it is proven that the girl has been raped and  the beach flooded , then obviously she was raped elsewhere and taken to the beach afterwards.

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I have to wonder about this young womans choices,  she claims that she was

raped, but  goes to the Blue moon party right after that experience?  I have heard

lots of stories of the BMP and women get molested and some even raped there,

so that is what makes me wonder. I wonder if she told the tourist police at

Koh Pha-Ngan anything? If not , why not?

Where did you get the information stating she went to the full moon party on Koh phangan? 

She he went to Koh phangan to meet her boyfriend as was arranged. 

19 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

What's more interesting is posters reactions to your post....as you correctly state, the womans story is unsupportable since the tide was in at the time of the alleged rape thus unless she was raped underwater, her story is false.

In my simple world that seems like a showstopper, nobody need go much further with any investigation on the basis that it is impossible for the rape to have occurred. Yet at least half a dozen or more posters seem to want to overlook those things, are these merely Thai bashers who will bash Thailand and the RTP at any time and regardless of the facts or are they merely simple mischief makers with simple minds who revel in spreading false facts, dunno and don't too much care but at least I do know now who to completely ignore on almost every subject.

No.

According to the Royal Thai Navy tide tables, the tide was not high at the time of the alleged rape.

I can read tide tables, can you?

Can you read?

The Thais have a long, long record of twisting facts to make fiction, particulary to protect their sacred cow of tourism revenues.  It has happened many times on that wretched island to try to cover similar (and worse) crimes.

Perhaps if you'd just remove your rose tinted specs and jump off your barstool for a moment, you could acknowledge that.

Pointing out obvious corruption, malfeasance and sheer incompetence is not Thai bashing, it's simply observation.

Methinks you complain too much?

14 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

True. In all my time here I have never had a negative experience with the Royal Thai Police other than on here where there is the typical Thai and Thai Police Bashing. 

But I beleive the topic is on a British Woman who claims to have been raped on KT, but did not report this at the Local Police Station, and was not known until she was back home. But then she also claims she tried to report this at another Royal Thai Police Station, in a different location, so she can't have a big bone to pick with the RTP if she did that. 

You are either deluded or in some drug induced state of euphoria. My daughter was raped in Thailand. She was 14 years old. A Bangkok taxi driver with a criminal record. The police abused every single one of her human rights and also humiliated her. Was this young woman raped? I hope not. But hanging around Koh Tao is not an option for the sound of mind. Get a grip man. I'm more inclined to give the English girl the benefit of the doubt than the well documented and corrupt constabulary. 

6 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The woman wasnt sh*t scared when she reported the ALLEGED rape to the Thai police in another jurisdiction. They`re all the same outfit as far as I know.

The RTP framing the wrong person, and also members of certain protected families fleeing the scene, has all been conspiracy theories, none of this has been proven as fact. What is fact, is that women have made false claims of rape in the past to protect their own reputations, especially those with boyfriends or husbands. It is possible that she was seen on KT fornicating with a guy or guys and she claimed rape rather than letting her boyfriend know she`d been a naughty girl.

The Thai police have investigated the beach area and confirmed there was a high tide that night. If you don`t believe them, that`s your problem, because I and many others do. How would she had managed to get from wherever she was ALLEGEDLY drugged, to the beach without being seen by someone or people. Teenage girls rarely travel alone, especially to foreign places, so who were the last persons or person to have seen her during the time she was supposed to have been drugged? Where are the witnesses?

As regards negative comments about Thailand and those that consider the Thai police to be incompetent or corrupt, then it`s up to the woman to face the music, crawl out from her hiding place, confront the situation head on and state her case. But as I said and keep saying; I doubt she will be making an appearance at any time soon for reasons that I consider her story is a load of bull and only the woman can prove to me and others that share my opinions, wrong. Your so-called facts based on conspiracy theories is also a load of bull.

Anyway, I`m flattered that you are following my posts and hope you are finding them entertaining, I would hate to disappoint.

She was too sh#t scared to file on Koh Tao so did it on Koh phangan would be my guess. Pretty damn sure that anyone she told on Koh Tao would have her blamed before she finished her sentence anyways. 

RTP finding scapegoats to protect person/persons on the island? Oh that's ludicrous because the RTP say so. 

Teenage girls rarely travel alone? You need to get out more. There's thousands of them travelling alone. 

Of course it couldn't have happened because Thai police told you the tide was too high. The king tide in the photo was 5am on the morning of the 26th. A king tide worthy of a photo. What time did this alleged assault take place? 5am? You nor me nor the RTP have a clue because according to the RTP no report was ever lodged. 

You think she she should come back and sit in front of Koh Tao police and file the report? Be realistic. Imagine if she was your daughter. 

There are too many questions unanswered in this case but like the RTP you have conveniently got it and all the other strange happenings on Koh Tao all sorted out. Case closed

9 minutes ago, Crustyhk said:

She was too sh#t scared to file on Koh Tao so did it on Koh phangan would be my guess. Pretty damn sure that anyone she told on Koh Tao would have her blamed before she finished her sentence anyways. 

RTP finding scapegoats to protect person/persons on the island? Oh that's ludicrous because the RTP say so. 

Teenage girls rarely travel alone? You need to get out more. There's thousands of them travelling alone. 

Of course it couldn't have happened because Thai police told you the tide was too high. The king tide in the photo was 5am on the morning of the 26th. A king tide worthy of a photo. What time did this alleged assault take place? 5am? You nor me nor the RTP have a clue because according to the RTP no report was ever lodged. 

You think she she should come back and sit in front of Koh Tao police and file the report? Be realistic. Imagine if she was your daughter. 

There are too many questions unanswered in this case but like the RTP you have conveniently got it and all the other strange happenings on Koh Tao all sorted out. Case closed

Bravo! 

31 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

To Crustyhk, in the story Big Joke arrives in Ko Tao, the hotel owner made the comment that

the woman was in a hurry to get to the Full Moon Party on Koh Pha-ngan,, Okay?

Geezer

Oh that's hilarious.

Case closed as the hostel owner has spoken! 

I wonder what the other 199 people interviewed during the thorough investigation had to say? 

Archived