Tourist police tell British Embassy evidence does not support assault allegation on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, nausea said:

Given the serious nature of this allegation and its potential impact on Thailand's good name, they should've sent someone to the UK, to interview her and take a statement in the presence of UK officials. 

Shouldn't the UK request that this happens? Or may be they will but it may not be made public!

I do not think this matter is going to go away soon.

If the UK already know and have evidence that the Thai authorities are covering this up will they do anything more I wonder!

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The woman wasnt sh*t scared when she reported the ALLEGED rape to the Thai police in another jurisdiction. They`re all the same outfit as far as I know.

The RTP framing the wrong person, and also members of certain protected families fleeing the scene, has all been conspiracy theories, none of this has been proven as fact. What is fact, is that women have made false claims of rape in the past to protect their own reputations, especially those with boyfriends or husbands. It is possible that she was seen on KT fornicating with a guy or guys and she claimed rape rather than letting her boyfriend know she`d been a naughty girl.

The Thai police have investigated the beach area and confirmed there was a high tide that night. If you don`t believe them, that`s your problem, because I and many others do. How would she had managed to get from wherever she was ALLEGEDLY drugged, to the beach without being seen by someone or people. Teenage girls rarely travel alone, especially to foreign places, so who were the last persons or person to have seen her during the time she was supposed to have been drugged? Where are the witnesses?

As regards negative comments about Thailand and those that consider the Thai police to be incompetent or corrupt, then it`s up to the woman to face the music, crawl out from her hiding place, confront the situation head on and state her case. But as I said and keep saying; I doubt she will be making an appearance at any time soon for reasons that I consider her story is a load of bull and only the woman can prove to me and others that share my opinions, wrong. Your so-called facts based on conspiracy theories is also a load of bull.

Anyway, I`m flattered that you are following my posts and hope you are finding them entertaining, I would hate to disappoint.

Regarding who she was traveling with, there were four people. One was the person in the news called Martin. Police are looking for the other two. 

Martin was the one who tried to report the tape to the KT police on July 4. But they wouldn’t accept a report from

a third party and the woman had left Thailand already on July 2. 

2 hours ago, saminoz said:

No.

According to the Royal Thai Navy tide tables, the tide was not high at the time of the alleged rape.

I can read tide tables, can you?

Can you read?

The Thais have a long, long record of twisting facts to make fiction, particulary to protect their sacred cow of tourism revenues.  It has happened many times on that wretched island to try to cover similar (and worse) crimes.

Perhaps if you'd just remove your rose tinted specs and jump off your barstool for a moment, you could acknowledge that.

Pointing out obvious corruption, malfeasance and sheer incompetence is not Thai bashing, it's simply observation.

Methinks you complain too much?

Post the time of the alleged rape and a link to the source of that information AND post a link to the tide tables - anyone can make claims and say whatever fart pops into their head, proving it is something else entirely....you have been challenged. Do you honestly think the Thai gov. would publically give the UK Ambassador a lie that is so simply and easily checked!

25 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

It’s rare that CCTV will be set up with just one camera. In a bar it will often be multiple areas, for example entrance, cash register (multiple angles), bar, toilet entrance, seating area, and some outside. 

We have a CCTV system for our condo building. It stores video for a week before being overwritten. 

Correct, however, the quality of these cameras is often quite low (although selectable on installation) and uually set at something like 640x480 or 720x480 (as they usually view all the cameras on one or two screens).

22 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Post the time of the alleged rape and a link to the source of that information AND post a link to the tide tables - anyone can make claims and say whatever fart pops into their head, proving it is something else entirely....you have been challenged. Do you honestly think the Thai gov. would publically give the UK Ambassador a lie that is so simply and easily checked!

Yes!

They lived up to the name,  they really were the Tourist Police,  sent down from Bangkok to walk on the beach and settle things over a few Leo's at the infamous guesthouse with no CCTV evidence. Then hop back on TG business class and home for the evening soaps. 

29 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

29 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

The public briefing given to the UK embassy was code to remind the UK authorities of the " chilling effect "

6 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

It is difficult to agree.

At the time of the alleged rape we do not know what the tidal situation was like. Clearly if the beach was flooded it would not have been the case all night/early morning. 

What the media have been shown is some holiday snaps , with little evidential value; when was the pictures taken and by who. For the picture to be shot somebody must have been standing on the flooded beach.

If it is impossible to travel along the beach at the time in question, where are the public cctv images that should have captured her 

There is also another possibility, if it is proven that the girl has been raped and  the beach flooded , then obviously she was raped elsewhere and taken to the beach afterwards.

"If true"......

16 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I think it's time the UK Home Office stopped issuing passports to some people, kinda like the no booze to under 25 year olds, perhaps some kind of test before one can be issued.

In the UK adults who are 18 years old can buy alcohol.  What is this 25 year nonsense? Travel restrictions are imposed on criminals not innocent people!

31 minutes ago, Slip said:

According to the original report by the ST approx 1 a.m.

If I read everything correctly the alleged rape took place on  Tuesday 26 June at 1 am - the previous high tide was 3 hours 15 mins earlier at 22:45 and the next high tide was almost 6 hours later at 06:58 on the day of the supposed rape. So yes, not fully high tide but certainly plenty of water at that location, one suspects the Thai usage of the term "high tide" is more about their English usage and comprehension than anything else, almost certainly what they intended to relay is that there was plenty of water at that location at the time thus making it inaccessible.

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

In the UK adults who are 18 years old can buy alcohol.  What is this 25 year nonsense? Travel restrictions are imposed on criminals not innocent people!

I dunno, I'm in the UK right now and all I see are these signs everywhere that under 25's have to prove their age or similar - here it is:

The laws on buying and selling alcohol and acceptable forms of ID. ... A photo driving licence; A passport; A proof of age card, such as the PASS card from the national Proof ... Challenge 25 is a scheme that encourages anyone who is over 18 but looks under 25 to carry acceptable ID ... Get to know UK law on drink driving.

On 8/31/2018 at 4:37 PM, Jeremy50 said:

No surprises that the decision to sell that land [which was gifted to Britain anyway] came soon after the BREXIT vote had devalued the pound by 20%, so they will make an absolute killing on the exchange rate, strong baht to almost worthless pound. The Victorians would have had the whole of this useless shower horsewhipped, and then strapped shirtless to the back of a cannon in the hot sun for a day.

What happened to the cannon that used to be on the corner of the British Embassy. It was outside the walls on the pavement side , but I think it had something to do with the Embassy.

Actually I think it was an old boundary marker.

This is a difficult one , because they cannot prove it did not happen. It would also be pretty hard to prove that it did happen. However, why would she go through this if it didn't actually happen?

Did the British Embassy complain that they released her name ?

17 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

If I read everything correctly the alleged rape took place on  Tuesday 26 June at 1 am - the previous high tide was 3 hours 15 mins earlier at 22:45 and the next high tide was almost 6 hours later at 06:58 on the day of the supposed rape. So yes, not fully high tide but certainly plenty of water at that location, one suspects the Thai usage of the term "high tide" is more about their English usage and comprehension than anything else, almost certainly what they intended to relay is that there was plenty of water at that location at the time thus making it inaccessible.

21:45 I think, but yes 3 hours 15 mins.  I think the next actual high tide is at 10:17.  1 a.m would have been halfway between high and low.  I don't have an opinion on the truth of this matter, but it was inaccurate for the powers that be to say it was high tide.

'No evidence'... seems to be they have gone out of they way to find no evidence... starting with refusing to accept the allegation in the first place.

Anyway... what the heck is happening with the girls T shirt that were supposed to be getting tested back in the UK?  Seems  long time with no results.

Maybe she was actually wrong... and now staying quiet till everyone forgets it.

Plus how can they seen to arrest the newspaper people?  They did not say a rape happened.. they said it was 'alleged' which is true.  

5 minutes ago, Slip said:

21:45 I think, but yes 3 hours 15 mins.  I think the next actual high tide is at 10:17.  1 a.m would have been halfway between high and low.  I don't have an opinion on the truth of this matter, but it was inaccurate for the powers that be to say it was high tide.

Yes for sure, the English grammar was incorrect but can we really fault them since it's not their native language and we see this sort of thing everyday, everywhere in Thailand.

1 minute ago, simoh1490 said:

Yes for sure, the English grammar was incorrect but can we really fault them since it's not their native language and we see this sort of thing everyday, everywhere in Thailand.

I don't have the quote to hand but I'm inclined to think that it was factually incorrect rather then grammatically.  That said, I agree that it could be a communication issue.

4 hours ago, Nip said:

You are either deluded or in some drug induced state of euphoria. My daughter was raped in Thailand. She was 14 years old. A Bangkok taxi driver with a criminal record. The police abused every single one of her human rights and also humiliated her. Was this young woman raped? I hope not. But hanging around Koh Tao is not an option for the sound of mind. Get a grip man. I'm more inclined to give the English girl the benefit of the doubt than the well documented and corrupt constabulary. 

I am very sorry to hear your daughter was raped and did not recieve justice. I really am! 

But your bad experience with the RTP doesn't change my experience with them. As I said in my post I personally have never had a bad experience with the RTP. Which I don't think puts me in a drug induced state euphoria when telling the truth.

I agree that hanging around Koh Tao is not an option for the sound mind. So this brings into question why she did not leave right away and go home. Or if she knew it was that bad there, why she even went in the first place.  . 

Evidence! In Thailand:cheesy:Some poor bugger just got executed on what appears to be dodgy evidence. The two lads from Myanmar etc. etc. etc. You have the money and influence the evidence will show you're not guilty. If not or you're not Thai you're guilty. In this case guilty of fabrication.?

59 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Evidence! In Thailand:cheesy:Some poor bugger just got executed on what appears to be dodgy evidence. The two lads from Myanmar etc. etc. etc. You have the money and influence the evidence will show you're not guilty. If not or you're not Thai you're guilty. In this case guilty of fabrication.?

Yes there abouts

1 hour ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I am very sorry to hear your daughter was raped and did not recieve justice. I really am! 

But your bad experience with the RTP doesn't change my experience with them. As I said in my post I personally have never had a bad experience with the RTP. Which I don't think puts me in a drug induced state euphoria when telling the truth.

I agree that hanging around Koh Tao is not an option for the sound mind. So this brings into question why she did not leave right away and go home. Or if she knew it was that bad there, why she even went in the first place.  . 

She was raped end of story and the Thai police remain unreformed. Even worse is the current regime will not go like the country wants them to do. So there lies the big problem Corrupt dinasour government and corrupt police 

My sister came here she not walk alone simple 

On 9/1/2018 at 2:36 PM, owl sees all said:

One of the problems on a TV topic such as this is the (farang) posters are only too aware of the shortcomings of the RTP.

Most of us who have been here for some years know the problems one can have with the BIB. And we take those 

knowledge/experiences into consideration.

Mushroom pickers 30 years (face saving), Burmese peasents death-row (scapegoats) Red Bull man.......

Parasites

1 hour ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

If it was my daughter. L promise you he will not make his court appearance or will my daughter

Archived