Tourist police tell British Embassy evidence does not support assault allegation on Koh Tao

webfact

Not sure really what's really going on here, seems to be a rather sketchy saga in all respects!

She alleges to have been drugged & raped but failed to pursue a report about rape or insisted on being tested/examined for a rape either in the vicinity or at a neutral hospital aided by the British embassy.

The police say she didn't mention anything about a rape only a robbery, so it's one word against another.

Lots of speculation from both sides trying to defend each others perspective..

Can't say where this is going to end up or how far the Thai police can go with the defamation cases?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Not sure really what's really going on here, seems to be a rather sketchy saga in all respects!

She alleges to have been drugged & raped but failed to pursue a report about rape or insisted on being tested/examined for a rape either in the vicinity or at a neutral hospital aided by the British embassy.

The police say she didn't mention anything about a rape only a robbery, so it's one word against another.

Can't say where this is going to end up or how far the Thai police can go with the defamation cases?

They can go nowhere outside of Thailand,  just hot air and BS

4 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

They can go nowhere outside of Thailand,  just hot air and BS

An analogy - when I was 22 I visited Philadelphia to attend a wedding and I got a $2 parking ticket that I never paid because I was certain I was never going to go back there again. 16 years later I got pulled over in a different state hundreds of miles away and that parking ticket showed up and I was arrested, I left court next morning some $80 poorer.

My experience is that law enforcement agencies have long memories and that things are always changing.

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Indeed - lots of speculation on both sides and even more speculation on here. The only thing that is really apparent is that there is no evidence of a rape whatsoever.

A shirt with some possible jizz stains on it is not evidence of rape - its only evidence that it was in close proximity of a male ejaculating. DNA testing can only show an indication of the possible nationality of the person responsible for that stain - not that it was put on the shirt by a non consensual act.

So let me throw some more speculation into the pot.. This young lady, possibly the worse for wear from drink,  has consensual unprotected sex with someone. Possibly another tourist, possibly a local Thai guy. Some time later  she then has misgivings of her actions and about the possibility of being pregnant - along with the implications that could hold if indeed it was a Thai guy she had sex with - given that her bf is English.

So she decides to sneak off alone for a few hours and then later come back with a story that she has been raped and producing the stained shirt as evidence of that event.

Could even be that the consensual sex took place while she was absent from the bar - and a few days later with the realisation that she could be pregnant by a Thai guy, decided to report it as a rape.

23 minutes ago, Shadychris said:

Indeed - lots of speculation on both sides and even more speculation on here. The only thing that is really apparent is that there is no evidence of a rape whatsoever.

A shirt with some possible jizz stains on it is not evidence of rape - its only evidence that it was in close proximity of a male ejaculating. DNA testing can only show an indication of the possible nationality of the person responsible for that stain - not that it was put on the shirt by a non consensual act.

So let me throw some more speculation into the pot.. This young lady, possibly the worse for wear from drink,  has consensual unprotected sex with someone. Possibly another tourist, possibly a local Thai guy. Some time later  she then has misgivings of her actions and about the possibility of being pregnant - along with the implications that could hold if indeed it was a Thai guy she had sex with - given that her bf is English.

So she decides to sneak off alone for a few hours and then later come back with a story that she has been raped and producing the stained shirt as evidence of that event.

Could even be that the consensual sex took place while she was absent from the bar - and a few days later with the realisation that she could be pregnant by a Thai guy, decided to report it as a rape.

All of this is perfectly reasonable, and we all know some women are vile <deleted> (step forward the #me too hypocrite Asia Argento) but we're talking about KT. 

An anomaly even in a nation where those charged to 'protect and serve' are rarely trusted by all but their own mothers.

Add to that the moronic remarks of the PM in response to the highest profile murder there, and the disgraceful farce of the pathology, and other investigative handling, and you may as well listen for the sound of one hand clapping before the truth is known, if ever. The question is,  what was her motivation to lie possibly knowing about the shit that's gone down there?  Women don't exactly advertise their rapes... 

The DNA can at the very least, be racially profiled. Also,  she Would not go to all this trouble unless she was pregnant,  and even then,  an abortion is easier than your theory,  but, humanity is weird.

I just would never give the RTP the benefit if the doubt without a lie detector test.

Have you noticed how their many expensive toys have never included a lie detector machine?

8 hours ago, Dinobot said:

Here’s a little thought experiment:

If the rape did not in fact occur, what is this girl’s motivation for having her name internationally publicized as a victim of rape, her mom going through all the headaches and BS, etc? Most young people would not wish for such things. She’s not asking for financial restitution in any form, as far as I can tell.

Let’s look at the other side now. Why would business owners on Koh Tao, Thai government officials and RTP not want there to have been a credible report of rape on Koh Tao properly investigated and the perpetrator brought to justice?

I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

I don't recall this woman's name ever being published.

As far as a motive for lieing there can be many. Perhaps in the heat of the moment and under the influence, the woman does not use protection. Now, with a Boyfriend and Mother back home, she is worried she may have picked up something or is pregnant. 

There have been several false cases of women claiming rape for many reasons. Some to sue later in court, some for revenge, some for attention. Who knows why some women do this.Most don't make false claims and I agree with that, but some do.    

8 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

All of this is perfectly reasonable, and we all know some women are vile <deleted> (step forward the #me too hypocrite Asia Argento) but we're talking about KT. 

An anomaly even in a nation where those charged to 'protect and serve' are rarely trusted by all but their own mothers.

Add to that the moronic remarks of the PM in response to the highest profile murder there, and the disgraceful farce of the pathology, and other investigative handling, and you may as well listen for the sound of one hand clapping before the truth is known, if ever. The question is,  what was her motivation to lie possibly knowing about the shit that's gone down there?  Women don't exactly advertise their rapes... 

Payment from The Sun?

21 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I don't recall this woman's name ever being published.

As far as a motive for lieing there can be many. Perhaps in the heat of the moment and under the influence, the woman does not use protection. Now, with a Boyfriend and Mother back home, she is worried she may have picked up something or is pregnant. 

There have been several false cases of women claiming rape for many reasons. Some to sue later in court, some for revenge, some for attention. Who knows why some women do this.Most don't make false claims and I agree with that, but some do.    

Thanks for re-iterating almost exactly the same hypothesis that I posted just above in #126 ?

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

Payment from The Sun?

No that's a lazy assumption. One has to accept the whole thing was premeditated by her  The Thais have offered NO convincing  rebuttal. Because they're too inept and utterly discredited  by other events on this godforsaken green dot. 

12 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

Therein lie the answers to your own questions.. 

I think in my wild speculation I included a motive - that of the fact she may have fallen pregnant.  Her UK bf would be pretty cheesed off if she presents him with a small brown one with jet black hair 8 months down the line!

Another possible motive also now been added by Goldbuggy - the fear of maybe having contracted an STD.

The fact that she does also likely have knowledge of the 'shit that's gone down there' in the past, and the interest it's likely to draw from national press, along with big fat cheques,  is possibly even more motivation..

3 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

No that's a lazy assumption. One has to accept the whole thing was premeditated by her  The Thais have offered NO convincing  rebuttal. Because they're too inept and utterly discredited  by other events on this godforsaken green dot. 

I agree - I highly doubt that this was originally pre-meditated purely to get a payout from the press when she got back home.  However it has now become a nice little earner for her - quite possibly encouraging her to play it for all it's worth.

27 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

The DNA can at the very least, be racially profiled. Also,  she Would not go to all this trouble unless she was pregnant,  and even then,  an abortion is easier than your theory,  but, humanity is weird.

I just would never give the RTP the benefit if the doubt without a lie detector test.

Have you noticed how their many expensive toys have never included a lie detector machine?

Perhaps you missed in the other thread that she admitted to having had sex with someone else as a result of an argument/falling out with her boyfriend.

6 hours ago, Media1 said:

Where is the CCTV security footage 

I can assure you these systems do not tape over you Thai clowns. This is year 2018. You neglected to even investigate and your corrupt jokers. Big Joke is very fitting title. 

CCTV rewrite over themselves after a certain peroid, this can be set, the period as mentioned previously can depend on HDD space and quality of cameras...guess you're the clown now aye!

5 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Perhaps you missed in the other thread that she admitted to having had sex with someone else as a result of an argument/falling out with her boyfriend.

Where has she admitted to having sex after an argument? 

Her boyfriend wasn't on Koh Tao but she met him on Koh  Phangan as they were meeting there for the full moon party. 

There was some talk from the hostel owner but that was so biased it was worthless. 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Can't say where this is going to end up

it'll be a few round of ever- weakening Tit For Tats, the filthy tabloids won't be interested anymore / no more fat cheques, the "victim" fears to be dragged to court suddenly pennyless without anybody in sight to cough up court expenses, Thai lawyers will have a short feast,  the case (which never really was one...) will be closed and disappear in mud

1 minute ago, crazykopite said:

I think it’s time for the U.K.Home office  to advice travellers to avoid visiting Koh Tao , there have been to many unexplained deaths , assaults and alleged rapes towards U.K. citizens for such a small island 

I think it's time the UK Home Office stopped issuing passports to some people, kinda like the no booze to under 25 year olds, perhaps some kind of test before one can be issued.

2 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I think it’s time for the U.K.Home office  to advice travellers to avoid visiting Koh Tao , there have been to many unexplained deaths , assaults and alleged rapes towards U.K. citizens for such a small island 

no, the deaths were explained..the samui times chose to twist and embellish the actual truth to fit their campaign of trashing the island!!......

10 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Why don't you suggest it to them then?

Or you could go stand on Nathon or Bangrak  Pier yourself with a placard advising tourists of the impending perils they face, and the slim chances of ever making it back alive....

6 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

It would be helpful if you provided a link to this page. Some of us lack familiarity with CSI LA

I presume you lack familiarity with the internet too!

Google is your friend. The top hit on a search for CSI LA is a link to his Facebook page.

But actually don't bother - its just more of the same that you will find here.

Run by some crackpot who believes he is some kind of global champion for justice,  for a bunch of armchair detectives who believe they can solve crimes on the basis of the second hand evidence and gossip garnered from the gutter press..

12 minutes ago, Shadychris said:

Why don't you suggest it to them then?

Or you could go stand on Nathon or Bangrak  Pier yourself with a placard advising tourists of the impending perils they face, and the slim chances of ever making it back alive....

I have proposed a test to Immigration, it's simple enough and they will accept I'm sure, the questions to ask arriving tourists from the UK are:

What is mirror?

What is sun?

Anyone answering "newspaper" is immediately forbidden entry.

9 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I have proposed a test to Immigration, it's simple enough and they will accept I'm sure, the questions to ask arriving tourists from the UK are:

What is mirror?

What is sun?

Anyone answering "newspaper" is immediately forbidden entry.

Priceless ????

A strong contender for the #1best satirical comment of the year!

Unfortunately for Pattaya though, that will wipe out 90+% of their UK tourist trade at a stroke

5 minutes ago, Shadychris said:

Priceless ????

A strong contender for the #1best satirical comment of the year!

Unfortunately for Pattaya though, that will wipe out 90+% of their UK tourist trade at a stroke

I'm OK with that, I suspect Immigration is also, ultimately the IQ level of the area will rise quickly.

26 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

shame you dont have a copy of the part where sarah baxter contacted the bar 11 days after the alleged rape saying that her daughter and boyfriend were together all night, both got drugged and left together  ..she was also told the CCTV had taped over its self by then, if they were together as sarah baxter claimed, when did the rape take place?

I would love to have been eavesdropping on the call Sarah Baxter allegedly made to the bar to have an in depth conversation about availability of CCTV footage on the night of the 26th..

It's my experience of Koh Tao that with the exception of some of the higher end resort staff, very few locals speak even the most basic English..

Now I suppose of course it is quite possible that Sarah is fluent in Thai, and was able to converse well with the member of staff taking that call....

Somehow though I don't really see that conversation having got much beyond the stage of 'hello' before the Thai at the other end gave up and hung up..

Archived