Tourist police tell British Embassy evidence does not support assault allegation on Koh Tao

webfact

5 hours ago, tracy3eyes said:

Tread Water - but that would be at hightide and not at the time of the incident in which case the Tourist Police basically lied did they not. Are the Embassy even aware of the height of the tide at the time of the incident.

The UK officials will be sat there knowing full well that the Tourist Police are lying. Sad! Poor girl!

There Thais they dont care. There also a corrupt police network. There's 2 Burmese rotting because of these animals.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

The police have stated that the woman`s story has flaws because at the time she alleged to have been on the beach, that area would have been under water due to the tides and I see no reasons why the police statement is not credible.

I still say, BULL, to the woman`s story including other westerners, activists, stirring the pot with fake news. I guarantee that the woman in question, will not come forward to clarify her story and not leave any doubts, because it`s been lies, lies, lies from the very beginning with western activists using this case to benefit their own agendas against Thailand. 

What's more interesting is posters reactions to your post....as you correctly state, the womans story is unsupportable since the tide was in at the time of the alleged rape thus unless she was raped underwater, her story is false.

In my simple world that seems like a showstopper, nobody need go much further with any investigation on the basis that it is impossible for the rape to have occurred. Yet at least half a dozen or more posters seem to want to overlook those things, are these merely Thai bashers who will bash Thailand and the RTP at any time and regardless of the facts or are they merely simple mischief makers with simple minds who revel in spreading false facts, dunno and don't too much care but at least I do know now who to completely ignore on almost every subject.

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

What's more interesting is posters reactions to your post....as you correctly state, the womans story is unsupportable since the tide was in at the time of the alleged rape thus unless she was raped underwater, her story is false.

In my simple world that seems like a showstopper, nobody need go much further with any investigation on the basis that it is impossible for the rape to have occurred. Yet at least half a dozen or more posters seem to want to overlook those things, are these merely Thai bashers who will bash Thailand and the RTP at any time and regardless of the facts or are they merely simple mischief makers with simple minds who revel in spreading false facts, dunno and don't too much care but at least I do know now who to completely ignore on almost every subject.

One of the problems on a TV topic such as this is the (farang) posters are only too aware of the shortcomings of the RTP.

Most of us who have been here for some years know the problems one can have with the BIB. And we take those 

knowledge/experiences into consideration.

Mushroom pickers 30 years (face saving), Burmese peasents death-row (scapegoats) Red Bull man.......

20 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

Indeed the RTP do have a credibility issue. However this appears somewhat bizzare. Whilst it is not unusual to keep the consulate/ embassy informed , to actually disclose the information to the public is.

Considering the RTP have requested the woman or representative to return, it seems extraordinary that they would dismiss her evidence before she has given it. 

The RTP have placed the embassy in a difficult situation  that they will not appreciate, how do they provide assistance to the victim and remain neutral.The Thai police are asking the embassy to chose a side .

I am left to wonder if this has gone beyond the rape allegation and other actors are driving the narrative. 

THE POLICE are small fish. The UK will make there own call

7 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Also simoh, there is no evidence because the main witness, the so-called victim, exhibit A, is missing, and taking an educated guess, I predict she won`t be appearing to substantiate her case at anytime soon, and therefore eliminating any doubts to her story. I also predict that the crackpot conspiracy theorists will add this to the list of Koh Tao victims as fact that this event happened, as did those on facebook and the Samui Times. 

As for the British counsel, they certainly don`t look happy in the photo, will probably stay neutral and add this woman to the METOO list rather than lose face that the subject in question is in all probabilities, telling porky pies and has turned this into an international incident. Also as I said earlier, the tee-shirt proves nothing, so they have no physical evidence, not even a victim, they have nothing.

3 hours ago, beyondstars said:

You will find that the CSI LA page offers many insights. ? Take a look.

An interview with the mother of the young British woman can be found there, as well as an interview with the woman associated with the hostel at which the young woman stayed. There are also copies of text messages sent by the woman associated with the hostel, asking the young British woman not to speak to the press, and more.

It would be helpful if you provided a link to this page. Some of us lack familiarity with CSI LA

3 hours ago, beyondstars said:

You will find that the CSI LA page offers many insights. ? Take a look.

An interview with the mother of the young British woman can be found there, as well as an interview with the woman associated with the hostel at which the young woman stayed. There are also copies of text messages sent by the woman associated with the hostel, asking the young British woman not to speak to the press, and more.

Any interviews with the woman in question? Thought not.

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I smell desperation on the part of the RTP. From a PR point of view, they are being badly advised.

Oh I'd say they've handled the PR part OK. Even if the shirt presumably with the DNA now in the UK turns out to be that of an Asian man, they can just say that she screwed one of those hot fire-dancers at the LEO to get back at her squabbling boyfriends.

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Quite possibly a bit more than you. 

If you have a normal video recording at 3mbs and do the calculations. 

3mbs x 60 secs x 60 mins x 24 hours. 

Divide into a two terabyte size drive.

77 days possible recording...

If it's turned on...???

What low budget cameras do you use?

Try this calculator to check how wrong your calculation is: https://www.security-camera-warehouse.com/cctv-record-time-calculator.php

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I missed what time the police claim the rape occured. Can you point to what time it was?

Considering they still claim there has been no report. 

1 minute ago, Crustyhk said:

I missed what time the police claim the rape occured. Can you point to what time it was?

Who knows where they got the time from, the Facebook page perhaps, the Samui Times, the report of theft the girl filed with the police, any number of different inputs.

8 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Who knows where they got the time from, the Facebook page perhaps, the Samui Times, the report of theft the girl filed with the police, any number of different inputs.

The RTP have solved the case with no official report other than information from social media and other police???????

????????

11 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

15 minutes ago, Crustyhk said:

I didn't realise that the police had claimed that a rape had taken place? ? 

12 minutes ago, sambum said:

I didn't realise that the police had claimed that a rape had taken place? ? 

Read the various threads - she filed a report of theft, apparently, later claiming she wanted to file a rape report but this was refused, allegedly.

8 hours ago, tracy3eyes said:

Tread Water - but that would be at hightide and not at the time of the incident in which case the Tourist Police basically lied did they not. Are the Embassy even aware of the height of the tide at the time of the incident.

The UK officials will be sat there knowing full well that the Tourist Police are lying. Sad! Poor girl!

Don't you think most visitors  to Thailand  would or at least should know that from the get go?

It's not as if there's no internet available worldwide as in www.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Are you saying the RTP lied about the tide being in?  Could the sea be involved too? Pretending to be in when it is really out? Oh my God, the lengths to which Death Island will go to keep its secrets!

I believe the tide chart has been posted on this thread already- you should check it out.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, cleopatra2 said:

Indeed the RTP do have a credibility issue. However this appears somewhat bizzare. Whilst it is not unusual to keep the consulate/ embassy informed , to actually disclose the information to the public is.

Considering the RTP have requested the woman or representative to return, it seems extraordinary that they would dismiss her evidence before she has given it. 

The RTP have placed the embassy in a difficult situation  that they will not appreciate, how do they provide assistance to the victim and remain neutral.The Thai police are asking the embassy to chose a side .

I am left to wonder if this has gone beyond the rape allegation and other actors are driving the narrative. 

You could be right.  This is the golden opportunity for the residents and business owners of Koh Tao to silence the Samui Times for good, and it the case of CSI LA, it could well be an act of revenge for "Watchgate" by Deputy PM Prawit who is pulling the strings of "Big Joke".

3 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I disagree that farang posters do know that, at least not first hand, second third and fourth perhaps but not from personal experience. I've been here for 16 years and I've never experienced anything personally that makes me believe there are shortcomings of a serious nature in the RTP yet everyone claims to know there are, that's very odd! Thus threads such as this one do nothing more than propagate potential myths and provide all those posters with an anti-Thai agenda, expats, tourists and non-residents alike, an opportunity to bash without any regard to the facts. Even yourself have posted a list of three examples which are associated with the RTP yet all three are different, one being a corruption/bribery issue associated with billionaire business people, the other two being other things, who knows what.

EDIT TO ADD: and as sure as eggs is eggs, some mindless cretin will be along shortly to describe me as a Thai Apologist, in which event my case will be proven 100%.

All three of my quoted cases are well documented and have been taken up by international groups who's findings I find more acceptable than anything the RTP may have put forward.

20 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

You could be right.  This is the golden opportunity for the residents and business owners of Koh Tao to silence the Samui Times for good, and it the case of CSI LA, it could well be an act of revenge for "Watchgate" by Deputy PM Prawit who is pulling the strings of "Big Joke".

The deputy PM is chair of the police commision . It has been suggested that Big Jokes career fast tracking can be attributed to their close connection

I cannot list source here but can provide

Several posts and replies in violation of the following have been removed:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

10 hours ago, tracy3eyes said:

If she was raped, it must have been by a strong swimmer to tread water for 300 meters to get there. That would eliminate most Thai suspects.

9 hours ago, Nip said:

You clearly have an ability to be rational but clearly have no direct experience of interacting with those known locally as the Royal Thai Police. 

True. In all my time here I have never had a negative experience with the Royal Thai Police other than on here where there is the typical Thai and Thai Police Bashing. 

But I beleive the topic is on a British Woman who claims to have been raped on KT, but did not report this at the Local Police Station, and was not known until she was back home. But then she also claims she tried to report this at another Royal Thai Police Station, in a different location, so she can't have a big bone to pick with the RTP if she did that. 

Archived