Tourist police tell British Embassy evidence does not support assault allegation on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I dunno, I'm in the UK right now and all I see are these signs everywhere that under 25's have to prove their age or similar - here it is:

The laws on buying and selling alcohol and acceptable forms of ID. ... A photo driving licence; A passport; A proof of age card, such as the PASS card from the national Proof ... Challenge 25 is a scheme that encourages anyone who is over 18 but looks under 25 to carry acceptable ID ... Get to know UK law on drink driving.

So 18 it is then. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Why do people like you think anyone gives a rats ass about their ignore list?

People join these discussions to debate and discuss, alternatively they join to be abusive, if the latter is the case the ignore list helps those people who do come here to debate and discuss in a civil manner because it allows us to filter out the hot air, the windbags, the malformed personalities. So whilst you and others may not give an RA about the ignore list, people like me think it's a very useful tool for separating the unwanted background noise from any conversation, there's plenty of room on it!!!

Senior justice official calls on police not to close case without talking to alleged victim, saying the quick conclusion, aimed at protecting tourism or officers, may be seen as trivialising tourist safety, which could put visitors off.

The deputy director-general of Dept. of Attorney-General wrote: "Police should not have brought a charge of making a false claim against the woman. We should explain the truth of this event to the international community after the investigation is closed."

Off topic posts, inflammatory posts, offensive posts and the replies have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

4 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I dunno, I'm in the UK right now and all I see are these signs everywhere that under 25's have to prove their age or similar - here it is:

The laws on buying and selling alcohol and acceptable forms of ID. ... A photo driving licence; A passport; A proof of age card, such as the PASS card from the national Proof ... Challenge 25 is a scheme that encourages anyone who is over 18 but looks under 25 to carry acceptable ID ... Get to know UK law on drink driving.

To prove they are 18 or over! 18 is the age at which people can buy or consume alcohol in the UK.

34 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

Senior justice official calls on police not to close case without talking to alleged victim, saying the quick conclusion, aimed at protecting tourism or officers, may be seen as trivialising tourist safety, which could put visitors off.

The deputy director-general of Dept. of Attorney-General wrote: "Police should not have brought a charge of making a false claim against the woman. We should explain the truth of this event to the international community after the investigation is closed."

all this cover up stuff... enough to put together another Jaws movie

Image result for thai teeth

"move along,... nothing to see here"

BJ thinks that everyone has swallowed what ever he says... there are more people in the world than just his own followers

and foreigners will call it as 'they' see it...

'

21 minutes ago, Crustyhk said:

As soon as anyone disagrees with you you announce they have made it to your blocked list. 

No debates just a ban. 

It seems you feel as you've gained the moral high ground by blocking rather than arguing the facts. 

Youve blocked three on this topic alone

Not actually true, I enjoy a good and lively debate as much as the next person, if not more so and I have zero problems with anyone who disagrees with my view AND puts forward an alternate and sensible view. The problem is that far too many posters in recent times don't know how to debate and instead of even trying they go straight into abuse mode. If a person makes it onto my ignore list it's because they've proven at least once that they don't know how or don't want to debate in a civil manner, once they've proven those things why should I bother reading more drivel from them! Interestingly, most posters who make it onto my ignore list don't last very long on the forum hence the number of people on it remains fairly constant. Debate away, debate politely, debate with common sense and fact, debate with civility and we'll get along just fine, the alternate is we never exchange our views with each other again.

5 minutes ago, The manic said:

To prove they are 18 or over! 18 is the age at which people can buy or consume alcohol in the UK.

Er yes TM, we did all know that, as most Brits over reading age might. Before you get yourself in a knot, go back and read what was clearly a satirical response about passports being issued and see the what I wrote and pput the age 25 issue in context! 

6 minutes ago, tifino said:

all this cover up stuff... enough to put together another Jaws movie

Image result for thai teeth

"move along,... nothing to see here"

BJ thinks that everyone has swallowed what ever he says... there are more people in the world than just his own followers

and foreigners will call it as 'they' see it...

'

Yes but remember he is just a puppet for Prawit, who gave him his speedy promotion

Posts in violation of the following have been removed:

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

26 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Er yes TM, we did all know that, as most Brits over reading age might. Before you get yourself in a knot, go back and read what was clearly a satirical response about passports being issued and see the what I wrote and pput the age 25 issue in context! 

You have put them all on your ignore list so why would they 'go back' don't give up your day job  

4 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

Welcome to his hall of fame Ken, hope it will not cause you sleeping problems.

My guess is he belongs to the thaier than thai brigade and thinks he is up there with his Uncle P lol

Please sir put me on the list

I think WE are on his IGNORE LIST........ and that is just 'great'.....

I still stand by my beliefs that Koh Tao needs 'CLEANING UP'............

MyGod ? How old are you guys??? -many of this comments look like a Norwegian teenager-girl-discussion! You say, he say, we say etc etc.

A young girl tell she is raped in Thailand...

She escaped home to UK around 2 months(?) before her plan for flight back was in time...

She didn’t feel safe in Thailand so she reports the rape when she is back in UK... 

She tell she have a t-shirt with sperm from the rapist... 

She got psychological and mental treatment/help at UK hospital/place for raped people...

The Cctv can not be a proof because exactly that night exactly this cctv was broken...

In the cctv from beach they doesn’t see her... 

What make you guys believe she don’t telling the truth???‍♀️

I have almost 100% the same story about my 19 year old daughter! The only difference is that she wasn’t drugged (because she didn’t drink in the Bar), this happened inside the Bar (not at the beach) and the rape against my daughter was another place in Thailand... in a area that 3 other tourist girls in same age (19 year) has being raped before my daughter... 

Until YOU KNOW for 100% SURE that this girl is lying please close your mouth and STOP blame her?? If you’re age is over 12-13 you should have brain-cells and emphaty enough in your mind to understand you have a sick personality that writes in public the way you do about someone that’s suffering badly already! 

1 hour ago, Anca said:

MyGod ? How old are you guys??? -many of this comments look like a Norwegian teenager-girl-discussion! You say, he say, we say etc etc.

She escaped home to UK around 2 months(?) before her plan for flight back was in time...

She didn’t feel safe in Thailand so she reports the rape when she is back in UK... 

She got psychological and mental treatment/help at UK hospital/place for raped people...

The Cctv can not be a proof because exactly that night exactly this cctv was broken...

I have almost 100% the same story about my 19 year old daughter! The only difference is that she wasn’t drugged (because she didn’t drink in the Bar), this happened inside the Bar (not at the beach) and the rape against my daughter was another place in Thailand... in a area that 3 other tourist girls in same age (19 year) has being raped before my daughter... 

Until YOU KNOW for 100% SURE that this girl is lying please close your mouth and STOP blame her?? If you’re age is over 12-13 you should have brain-cells and emphaty enough in your mind to understand you have a sick personality that writes in public the way you do about someone that’s suffering badly already! 

Don't blame us blame all the girls who have cried wolf about being raped. Dozens, if not hundreds of rape cases have collapsed in the UK recently due to the complainant misleading the police.  19 years old travelling alone in Asia, not being able to speak the language, thousands of miles from home with no friends or family is foolish as life can be dangerous. Too many girls are taught that they are entitled, invulnerable and behave and can , behave, drink, do drugs, dress in any way they want. Insensitive and lacking caution they are vunerable to reality, 

1 hour ago, Anca said:

You`re the second poster that has said their daughter was raped in Thailand. What happened after the rape, did you and your daughter receive justice?

"What make you guys believe she don’t telling the truth"? Well, she hasn`t actually been telling much about anything so far. No description of the guy alleged to have been next to her on the beach, no approx time that she was allegedly drugged and who she was with at the time. And later on after travelling to another destination then back to the UK, the woman cries rape, the mother, some foreigners running a rag and others start slagging off the Thai police when the only information the KT police were receiving was third hand accounts. 

I am still saying bull on this story until the woman in question gives a detailed statement. Somehow I doubt this will be happening at any time soon.

15 minutes ago, The manic said:

Don't blame us blame all the girls who have cried wolf about being raped. Dozens, if not hundreds of rape cases have collapsed in the UK recently due to the complainant misleading the police.  19 years old travelling alone in Asia, not being able to speak the language, thousands of miles from home with no friends or family is foolish as life can be dangerous. Too many girls are taught that they are entitled, invulnerable and behave and can , behave, drink, do drugs, dress in any way they want. Insensitive and lacking caution they are vunerable to reality, 

I agree it’s not clever to party alone in Asia, agree about how MANY MANY of them get dressed (hipster-shorts & short top so it look like go-go-Bar style) agree many tourists is blind about safety/protect!

But,... because a girl travel alone, dress in small clothes, her/his personality is to believe the good way in people they meet etc. doesn’t give a rapist the right to take safety from another person!!! 

Now you you sounds like the police(?) in north of Thailand when he published “it’s not safe for beautiful girls to use bikini in Thailand”

We all should help and fight against rape, don’t blame the victim but find a way for make the young foreigners understand how dangerous it can be and in same time find a way for make people understand they can not have sex with a person that is not him/her self because to much drugs/alcohol! 

Use your energy to think how we can change this in future... because right now the only way to try stop rape is publish when it happens ? the stories make people know about what easily can happen and hopefully that will reduce the hundreds that crying wolf like you say they do??

I believe most people don’t read Asia news before something bad happens to them self or their relatives so I look forward to read your ideas about how parents can teach our young girls about how to protect and make them travel more safe... still millions of people believe and read Thailand is a peaceful and safe country for young adults to holiday/travel... make them think correct Manic ??

28 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

You`re the second poster that has said their daughter was raped in Thailand. What happened after the rape, did you and your daughter receive justice?

"What make you guys believe she don’t telling the truth"? Well, she hasn`t actually been telling much about anything so far. No description of the guy alleged to have been next to her on the beach, no approx time that she was allegedly drugged and who she was with at the time. And later on after travelling to another destination then back to the UK, the woman cries rape, the mother, some foreigners running a rag and others start slagging off the Thai police when the only information the KT police were receiving was third hand accounts. 

I am still saying bull on this story until the woman in question gives a detailed statement. Somehow I doubt this will be happening at any time soon.

If you read my comment I write almost the same happened to her... but I was in Thailand together with my daughter so I was including and stay with her at hospital, togheter when give all reports to police, when we was threatened, and when we escaped out of Thailand 1.5 week before our planned time to travel back ... so NO, she didn’t get justice that time but hopefully she will get it in November! Not because our Embassy help us because they don’t and normally the victims Embassy don’t help... crazy but true ? Only reason we continue to fight for justice is because it’s so many stories like my daughter’s and I have fight for the possibility that foreigners can take the case in court in same time they stay safe home. And now all authority documents from our country and the Thai embassy in our country was ready and signed etc.so our Thai-lawyer and our team is ready for fight for her. 

And if you believe all this blaming post against the girl from UK will give her the strength to come back for give herbstatement I still mean your thoughts is bull and stupid. If you guys give good advise in your post maybe she and her mom could find a way to mentally power, trust and they could believe in hope for safety to come back... Its a good and helpful way you practice or you think it’s a chance you are one reason she never ever will come back? 

Thailand is a beautiful place with many good values, help the country be more safe and make the tourists grow... the comments you give will not make the readers feel safe and make the system wanne fight for reducing crime/rape. 

Try to find a better way next time, I believe in changes if we all fight for same goal... to make Thailand a better/safer place for traveling:)

5 minutes ago, Anca said:

If you read my comment I write almost the same happened to her... but I was in Thailand together with my daughter so I was including and stay with her at hospital, togheter when give all reports to police, when we was threatened, and when we escaped out of Thailand 1.5 week before our planned time to travel back ... so NO, she didn’t get justice that time but hopefully she will get it in November! Not because our Embassy help us because they don’t and normally the victims Embassy don’t help... crazy but true ? Only reason we continue to fight for justice is because it’s so many stories like my daughter’s and I have fight for the possibility that foreigners can take the case in court in same time they stay safe home. And now all authority documents from our country and the Thai embassy in our country was ready and signed etc.so our Thai-lawyer and our team is ready for fight for her. 

And if you believe all this blaming post against the girl from UK will give her the strength to come back for give herbstatement I still mean your thoughts is bull and stupid. If you guys give good advise in your post maybe she and her mom could find a way to mentally power, trust and they could believe in hope for safety to come back... Its a good and helpful way you practice or you think it’s a chance you are one reason she never ever will come back? 

Thailand is a beautiful place with many good values, help the country be more safe and make the tourists grow... the comments you give will not make the readers feel safe and make the system wanne fight for reducing crime/rape. 

Try to find a better way next time, I believe in changes if we all fight for same goal... to make Thailand a better/safer place for traveling:)

I am sincerely distressed and saddened to read that your daughter was raped. I have 2 daughters of my own, and thank god nothing like this has ever happened to them. If anything did, it would probably do me in and for that reason I can fully understand how you feel.

We have to acknowledge that many women, worldwide have made false claims of rape. Innocent men have served prison time by being falsely accused of rape. All I`m saying is that the woman in question story is full of holes and the KT police had virtually nothing to work on. I say this without prejudice, but instead working on the assumption that if something doesn`t make sense or add up, then it`s probably not true.

I also don`t accept that the Thai police are indifferent and unapproachable in cases like these. 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, darksidedog said:

Well here's an interesting situation. The Thai police don't believe the girls story. However, No one at all, believes the Thai Police. And given everyone expected them to say they didn't believe the girls story, in fact were saying it before they even checked it, we are back to square one.

The tide was to high, that's it! case over, prosecute the fake news mob, put them in chains!!!

Meantime do not look at the girls DNA evidence or any other evidence, if you do, you will be forced to find the Burmese perpetrator of this alleged crime.

7 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I am sincerely distressed and saddened to read that your daughter was raped. I have 2 daughters of my own, and thank god nothing like this has ever happened to them. If anything did, it would probably do me in and for that reason I can fully understand how you feel.

We have to acknowledge that many women, worldwide have made false claims of rape. Innocent men have served prison time by being falsely accused of rape. All I`m saying is that the woman in question story is full of holes and the KT police had virtually nothing to work on. I say this without prejudice, but instead working on the assumption that if something doesn`t make sense or add up, then it`s probably not true.

I also don`t accept that the Thai police are indifferent and unapproachable in cases like these. 

I have know 3 women in my life who were raped as teens/ early twenty somethings.  Not one of them told her father.

16 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I am very sorry to hear your daughter was raped and did not recieve justice. I really am! 

But your bad experience with the RTP doesn't change my experience with them. As I said in my post I personally have never had a bad experience with the RTP. Which I don't think puts me in a drug induced state euphoria when telling the truth.

I agree that hanging around Koh Tao is not an option for the sound mind. So this brings into question why she did not leave right away and go home. Or if she knew it was that bad there, why she even went in the first place.  . 

You are correct there are questions to be answered and of course she may very well have concocted this story to appease her boyfriend but I'm not so sure the UK and other embassies have done enough due to threats from the RTP to warn tourists against the very real dangers on Koh Tao where there is clearly something amiss. You are most fortunate not to have seen the dark side of policing in Thailand of which I have not been so fortunate. Innocence or the law is no defence in Thailand. I hope this young girl is telling the truth but can be certain the police are not. There are very strict laws about investigating sex crimes in Thailand and the local police's first mistake was sending a male police officer to investigate.

Archived