PHOTOS: Check out Thailand’s modern new Baht buses - with air con and Wi-Fi

Jonathan Fairfield

PHOTOS: Check out Thailand’s modern new Baht buses - with air con and Wi-Fi

b1.jpg

Photos of modern new baht buses hit the news this week.

The new buses, which have been in use in Lopburi province since November, come complete with doors, CCTV cameras, air conditioning and free Wi-Fi.

Despite the upgrade, the price to use the new baht buses is still just 10 baht.

According to transport officials the new baht buses are run by a private company who are fully licensed to operate in Lopburi.

Via: Mgr Online

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

• Like 1

"The new buses, which have been in use in Lopburi province since November, come complete with doors, CCTV cameras, air conditioning and free included Wi-Fi."

Nothing's free if something has to be paid to obtain it (even if it's the taxpayers that are paying).

Why single out the Wi-Fi as free when the A/C, CCTV and "complete with" doors are not?

Anyway, very nice. Spartan, very Spartan!

Edited by MaxYakov

How many so-called "business people" and self-styled "private tutors" are going to hold seminars and conduct lessons on those buses, cruising around in them all day long just as they do in Starbucks and McDonald's?

And how about the driver's rear mirror? Oh, I forgot, moot question... we are in Thailand and no self-respecting driver is using it anyway.

But I must say, it definitely is an improvement over the filthy "regular" baht buses around. Now all that is needed is a minibar, a noodle soup stall, a stereo blaster and a  disco ball on board to really get the passenger crowd swinging. Perhaps a lottery ticket vendor should be added also.  

4 hours ago, Cadbury said:

It looks like it's about to topple over just standing still. What happens when it goes around corners at speed (which is inevitable) is anybody's guess. 

What a stupid pointless comment to make. It's a massive improvement on the older vehicles. Safer. More comfortable. Good value. Good luck for the new Company.

There is some seriously negative cr*p comments on TV. 

• Like 2

.....and here goes again a piece of the Thai charme, regardless of safety issues and comfort, but maybe I am old fashioned (and too old to appreciate such a modern adoption). I hope some recognize the price you pay for that. Rather a matter of the heart than of intellect. But this seems to be the way things develop.

5 hours ago, Cadbury said:

It looks like it's about to topple over just standing still. What happens when it goes around corners at speed (which is inevitable) is anybody's guess. 

At speed? 5555. It is easy to see that you have not been on or stuck behind the number 9 that operates in Khon Kaen. I have even seen a snail pass it.