Summary of your likes and dislikes about Thailand

Brunolem

55 minutes ago, Kurtf said:

Anyone who thinks the weather in Thailand is “decent”, has a few screws loose. Rain every day for 7 months isn’t what I call decent. Especially when coupled with high temperatures over 80 degrees F.

I'd suggest a lot of members don't even know what degrees F are anymore. When someone tells me 80F,  I haven't a clue.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

Speak for yourself.  

The weather here is more or less the same as where I'm from.   The women are on average definitely better where I came from.  

Rent can be cheaper here, or the same out of pocket cost, but for much more space.  Overall cost of living is similar though once you factor in all monthly costs.

All monthly costs?

My entire monthly budget, rent, utilities, food, beer, petrol everything is the same here for a 3 bedroom townhouse than I paid just in rent for a basement suite in Vancouver.

girls

weather

location in SEA

property prices

shopping malls

internet speed

FFP

foot massage

nature

super highways

and more girls

Dislike:

Soi dogs

wine prices

drivers

'conservative' thais

lack of education for the young

section 44

lese majeste

thai loan sharks

nationalism

early bar closing

90 day reporting

and those filthy soi dogs

Edited by BobBKK

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think you'd be finding it very difficult to find Western women half the size of Western men. From what I've seen in US and Australian shopping malls, it's the other way around.

Australian women frighten me!

They are built like horses!

• Haha 2

Like: My wife and two boys.

Like: Close proximity to my international clients (work).

Like: The cuisine.

Like: The climate.

Like: Xenophiles.

Like: My mates from overseas that still find the time and money to come and vacation in Thailand whenever they can (mules).

Dislike: Bureaucratic little Hitlers and paper shufflers.

Dislike: Thai clients (working in Thailand).

Dislike: RTP.

Dislike: Face.

Dislike: Xenophobes.

Dislike: The farang who struck up an impromptu conversation bent my ear in Big C about an hour ago, lamenting his first two 'mistake' Thai marriages, complaining about the locals penchant for fattening foods and then lifting his shirt to show me his abdomen. The normally quite chatty Korean noodle promo girl probably thinks I'm a bloody shirt-lifter too after seeing that weird exchange.

27 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Right!

Only two developing countries, Burma and Liberia, and one underdeveloping country, the US of A, are not using the metric system...

Personally having spent 74 years with Fahrenheit and I much prefer the wider range for temps. Example: Centigrade basically happens between 20 and 45, where Fahrenheit is between 20 and a 120. 20C is only 60F which is roughly the middle of the scale for F. And the degree increments with C are quite large compared to F degrees. If you grew up with C you only know that system, but if you grew up with F and moved between countries you are somewhat familiar with both.

nobody is going to change any bodies mind about this issue. The only good thing for me about C is zero is freezing and 100 is boiling.....I think. Freezing for F at 32 is somewhat confusing to many.

So that is why for the confused and aggrieved they have thermometers with C and F scales. Now I'm going back to my balmy 30C or 86F evening.

8 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

It certainly was when I learned to drive in the UK.

UK !!  My daughter & son passed their test after hiring a school car and instructor for an hour before on the test day so the examiner sat in a car with dual pedals so maybe your right, I didn't so you must be young.

5 hours ago, seancbk said:

Speak for yourself.  

The weather here is more or less the same as where I'm from.   The women are on average definitely better where I came from.  

Rent can be cheaper here, or the same out of pocket cost, but for much more space.  Overall cost of living is similar though once you factor in all monthly costs.

I guess you come from Malaysia, the women are really tops there. And the weather is much the same

There are driving schools... my wife went to one... they had 2 instructors. The lady let her drive, the guy was too frightened to let her drive on the road... they never gave my wife the book for the written exam. When I told my wife to insist on a book, the lady told it her it would probably give her a headache and she didn't need to read it... 

• Haha 1

No cold weather. Temples. Nature. Food. Young spinners

Im good with all the rest except traffic. Ive been a homeless bum in my life, once you do that everything else is sort of well.....the best way to describe my attitude is I would say  something like: dude, wow, theres a dead rat under the food cart, 555 thats a small one.....a simple type of reaction to Third worldy stuff..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm not arrogant or that much out of shape,  I think you misinterpret the English reserve in some gentlemen. 

Thats the thing about Brits..they truly can take punishment. No matter how much they whinge, they can take it. 

With good humour too. Like all is right with the world. Three weeks in the trenches

"Ey Alf, Jerrys been quiet tonight, lets 'ave a cuppa. Bye the bye, Old Pete caught some shrapnel, blew 'is bloomin 'ead off. *l**** 'ell, 'e was a right good bloke, ye 'ear from ye mum?"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats the thing about Brits..they truly can take punishment. No matter how much they whinge, they can take it. 

With good humour too. Like all is right with the world. Three weeks in the trenches

"Ey Alf, Jerrys been quiet tonight, lets 'ave a cuppa. Bye the bye, Old Pete caught some shrapnel, blew 'is bloomin 'ead off. *l**** 'ell, 'e was a right good bloke, ye 'ear from ye mum?"

Well that's a ww2 cockney soldiers take, other takes of English reserve remind of Ben Kingsley comment, when a Englishman in a restaurant was looking at the menu and with noisy disruption a famous American person came and sat a couple of tables away, the waiters all were very excited as were some customers asking for autographs, the waiter said to Englishman have you noticed, that's so & so over there you know, he glanced above his menu and said really, I'll have steak.  ?