Big Joke threatens to blacklist alleged Koh Tao rape victim for life if she is telling lies

webfact

...and now we see how unaccountable the Thai police are.....how come it is within the constitutional role of a police officer to make judgements and ban people from a country? Surely that should be the job of either judiciary or immigration?

Thailand just doesn't have appropriate separation of powers

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kwilco said:

...and now we see how unaccountable the Thai police are.....how come it is within the constitutional role of a police officer to make judgements and ban people from a country? Surely that should be the job of either judiciary or immigration?

Thailand just doesn't have appropriate separation of powers

Thailand is not a first world country, it is governed on a daily "AD HOC" basis at anybodies whim as this abortion of a performance proves

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Police said Tuesday that a dozen men will be arrested for sharing claims on Facebook that a British tourist was raped on the tourist island of Koh Tao.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/09/04/police-to-arrest-12-for-sharing-posts-on-koh-tao-rape/

I haven't bothered looking at CSILA for at least a year, and before then never shared a post of their's on Facebook. It'll be very interesting should they be targeting farangs for sharing on Facebook. It might be quite entertaining to see how big a hole they can dig for themselves.

Good, I am happy to live in a country where people can’t make false accusations of rape and get away with it. Also people attacking my character due to a personal dispute and getting a crowd to back them

i love Thailand 

9 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

So what`s stopping her?

What's stopping her is that after a 1 day investigation by big joke, no court case, and no judgement, bj and the leaders of the island have decided that nothing happened and the case should be closed. Prosecutions against several people have been filed. He and his cronies have threatened to file cases against this 19 year old girl, and she would likely face arrest with no bail if she set foot in Thailand. This is an age old tactic of rich against poor, where the original case is aborted with no trial, followed by several countersuits. The goal is to force the original accuser to drop the case. Sad to say, it works almost every time. 

I have had this done to me and a couple of other thaivisa posters the same. 

Masters of trickery, all of them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joebrown said:

I haven't bothered looking at CSILA for at least a year, and before then never shared a post of their's on Facebook. It'll be very interesting should they be targeting farangs for sharing on Facebook. It might be quite entertaining to see how big a hole they can dig for themselves.

The people that shared it are living in Thailand. 

They are most likely thai. 

I really hope this lady comes forward with her dna evidence. It would be too dangerous for her to come to thailand, but at least that would show that an event of sexual nature did in fact accur. 

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

I must have missed that, where was that reported ?

Sanemax,

I have asked the same question as you and requested the link and as yet all these people quoting it about an offer from the Thai police to interview her in London have not managed to provide me with anything.

I have also tried to google and find this ' claim ' that they make. Nothing, Nada, zilch.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Thai police offered it to her, RTP would go to London to interview her.  It has been reported.

I requested you to provide a link and up to press, you haven't done so except vague comments regards Bangkok Post and/or the Nation.

I also googled and there was no mention of any offer that I can find in regards that Thai police were prepared to go to London to interview and take a statement.

• Like 2

Just now, Scouse123 said:

I requested you to provide a link and up to press, you haven't done so except vague comments regards Bangkok Post and/or the Nation.

I also googled and there was no mention of any offer that I can find in regards that Thai police were prepared to go to London to interview and take a statement.

I also read that the Thai police were prepared to go to London to interview her. It was a few days ago and must have been in either The Nation or the BP. It was at the beginning of one of the threads or stories. I'll have a look at The BP when I get time tonight.

Edited by bannork

Just now, Scouse123 said:

Silly statement from an even sillier poster.

Do you love the justice system in a country that is corrupt and damned the world over?

Do you love a country where they can use ' computer crimes act ' wrongly just to silence critics of this corruption?

Do you love a country where freedom can be bought and murder and rape swept under the carpet if you have wealth in monetary terms?

Do you love a country where you can sue a person even if that person can prove what they are saying is the truth, but you can allege you have ' lost face ' and they have ' damaged your reputation? '

You are a sad person indeed!

You can love the country but hate the rulers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

I also read that the Thai police were prepared to go to London to interview her. It was a few days ago and must have been in either The Nation or the BP. It was at the beginning of one of the threads or stories. I'll have a look at The BP when I get time tonight.

Yes, it would be good to have a direct quote from some General ' Big Joke ' categorically stating they would go to London to take a statement and not just ' artistic flair ' from some random journalist at the Bangkok Post that ' thought they heard somebody say it. '

or maybe not Big Joke, he is too busy making denials, issuing threats, arresting newspaper editors and chasing down people who have shared ' Facebook posts ' 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bannork said:

Nearest I can find at the moment is the Thai police contacted the British police and asked the girl to provide testimony to the UK police who would forward it to the Thai police.

That's probably what I and the other OP read a few days ago.!

bannork,

Thanks and that's OK but that is NOT what other posters are saying and quoting! especially the poster using  Just Weird as his online name. And that is the main thrust of his argument here, to imply she is lying.

So the Thai police Just Weird, it appears, HAVE NOT offered to fly to the UK to interview her.

I still vote for a ' let's see what happens and what comes out of the woodwork.'

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Thailand is not a first world country, it is governed on a daily "AD HOC" basis at anybodies whim as this abortion of a performance proves

Citing the faults of other countries or any subjective status of Thailand in no way justifies or mitigates the situation in Thailand or the actions of the authorities

• Haha 1

All this situation gives to the world is the impression that if you are subjected to a sexual assault in Thailand, you are unlikely to get a sympathetic hearing .....  and if you are a rapist, you have a dam good chance of not even being reported.

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, RickTik said:

With Big Joke being involved, she would be able to come and state her case safely. The fact that she still doesn't want to come verifies that something about her rape claims is dishonest and "fishy".

Nope, but the fact that you think so verifies that you know nothing about how rape victims act. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Making false claims of many things is not too unusual 

Its how its dealt with by the authorities which sets some countries apart from others

Well when a news forum puts photos of someone online linking them to a rape thag seems to have not happened then the news paper has been in Thailand long enough to know the laws 

hence why she reports from a UK 

she never would have done that in Thailand 

she reckons shes clever but she just snot herself in the foot