Pattaya transvestites charged with picking British tourist’s pocket

webfact

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It doesn't explain why Visa and Mastercard won't respond to any emails regarding what is clearly a security issue.

Visa introduced a no signature required policy 15 years ago... other creditors followed suit

this was supposed to be for small purchases under 50 bucks, but studies have apparently shown about 80% of receipts aren’t signed, so with progress, this year is supposed to see the removal of the need to sign at all.

hell... in Australia (at least) they have “wave pay”... I just tap my card on the cc machine ( vs swipe) and I’m good for $100 dollars (the store assistant doesn’t even look at it).... same goes with the shop next door... and next door and etc... wave away until the daily limit is reached.

signatures on credit cards are not now seen as proof of identity... signatures rarely match... less people know how to drive a pen.

anyway... regards refunds... I believe that if you report your card stolen, your not liable for monies subsequently spent... report it after the fact (theft... use) and you will likely have to pay a nominal amount toward that purchase. (50 quid max for pommy banks)

13 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Actually that card looks like a local Krungsri debit card, not a foreign credit card. It is not nominative, which makes it hard for shopkeepers to tell if it is being used by the real cardholder or not.

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/en/PersonalBanking/CardProducts/KrungsriDebitcard/Krungsri-Debit.html

Good luck to anyone trying to get money back from a Thai bank in a situation like this.

Debit card would not work without a pin and thai banks are no different to any other bank , all comply with visa / master regulations. 

8 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

They all need a damn good thrashing, cold showers every morning and 2 years national service.

Blighters eh

No petty crime back in good old back home

You're getting so repetitive I find I don't need to read your replies anymore as it appears you just "copy and paste".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Debit card would not work without a pin and thai banks are no different to any other bank , all comply with visa / master regulations. 

I've pasted below an earlier reply I made to this thread:

"Incredibly here in Thailand, the Bank of Thailand who oversee the card processing transactions, have allowed each individual merchant to choose whether they want to accept a signature or PIN verification.

The path of lowest resistance is to stick with the signature - as I have already said, a security nightmare. Also with a stolen card, the thief is extremely unlikely to also know the PIN.

I've told the BOT about it, but they just make a note of my email (after chasing them many times about it)."

6 hours ago, BestB said:

I have one of those cards pictured and I can assure you that they do work without a PIN here for purchases.

UK banks treat customers entirely differently to the way that Thai banks do in cases of fraud. Visa/MC regs have nothing to do with that.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

I have one of those cards pictured and I can assure you that they do work without a PIN here for purchases.

UK banks treat customers entirely differently to the way that Thai banks do in cases of fraud. Visa/MC regs have nothing to do with that.

I suggest you read up on this matter before posting incorrect information, all cc facilities are run by master/visa payment system. And I do not believe your debit card works without a pin as it’s utter nonsense , even link provided by you states it’s protected by 6 digit pin

have you personally made chargeback claims with a Thai bank to know how it deals with fraud ? Or another myth what you heard?

Edited by BestB

On 9/3/2018 at 2:23 PM, Rimmer said:

They have allegedly been arrested 15 times previously on similar charges.

It would seem the rehabilitation program is not working very well then and might need looking at.

Hahahahahaah give to Big Joke to fix up, let us see this one unfold with excitement

• 2 weeks later...