What's the point of so much power?

OneMoreFarang

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Maybe you were just exagerating but out of curiosity I checked a couple superbikes (S1000RR, Panigale V4, H2, Hayabusa) and none come close to 250kph in 3rd gear.

Exaggerating I guess I was a bit, remembered wrong about the Fireblade it's 205 kph (not 250) in 3rd but could do more without a rev-limiter. 

Surely you know some manufacturers play down speed, also you know there's much more to Bikes than speed.

Personally unit speed measure in MPH is better IMO.

Did check out the 3rd gear H2R ?  and the bike that does 350 kph in 1st.  

On 9/6/2018 at 11:13 PM, eisfeld said:

Seems more like the worst of all worlds. Doesn't even have a front suspenion. Not sure what it has to do with this topic anyways.

Has fr. sus and is Leading link, travel 2.2 in. ( 55 mm ).

Is topic IMO  C70  with power. ?

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Exaggerating I guess I was a bit, remembered wrong about the Fireblade it's 205 kph (not 250) in 3rd but could do more without a rev-limiter. 

Surely you know some manufacturers play down speed, also you know there's much more to Bikes than speed.

Yea you can raise the top speed of all gears by removing the rev limiter but personally I would never do that unless it's a beater bike that I could throw away. And even then I would worry about the engine developing some kind of fault while revved to the moon ?

IMHO kph is way better than mph. Not a fan of the mile unit. Metric all the way ?

The H2 R does 240kph in 3rd if I saw it right.

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

IMHO kph is way better than mph. Not a fan of the mile unit. Metric all the way ?

The H2 R does 240kph in 3rd if I saw it right.

Yeah understand I'm just use UK stuff.

Looked like on the H2R 244 on digital speedo at change to 4th in a vid, the BM is right up there too.

On 9/8/2018 at 9:58 AM, Kwasaki said:

MPH... an other outdated measuring system, its time the US catches up with the metric system as it makes much more sense. No offence meant of course but those old English measurements make no sense at all. Metric is the way to go its logical. Just look at celcius.. 100 degrees for boiling water.. also metric. 

58 minutes ago, robblok said:

MPH... an other outdated measuring system, its time the US catches up with the metric system as it makes much more sense. No offence meant of course but those old English measurements make no sense at all. Metric is the way to go its logical. Just look at celcius.. 100 degrees for boiling water.. also metric. 

Where did you get the idea from that Americans do things because they make sense?

2 hours ago, robblok said:

MPH... an other outdated measuring system, its time the US catches up with the metric system as it makes much more sense. ...

My son is a machinist in the USA.  He can work metric or inch.  But for tight tolerances, he prefers decimal inches.  Sometimes it seems that mm doesn't quite cut it because they don't go too many decimal places or something with the readouts.  Perhaps they don't worry so much about the precision. Actually, I think it's the scale factor when you get way down to microns, and the decimal inches in the area they are working just make more sense. It's hard to read a whole bunch of leading zeroes or a bunch of trailing numbers. 

I'm sure France jumped all over the metric system because what they had back in the day was a nightmare.  Measures varied from one end of the country to the other.  Collectors of precision measurement tools of the period have a lot of laughs.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Agree metric system is better all the way for everything,  I'm just so use mph cause being brought up with speed test bikes.

Metric measurements in building I always used, handy for weight too 1 litre of water 1 kilo.

41 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Sometimes it seems that mm doesn't quite cut it because they don't go too many decimal places or something with the readouts.

Don't get that 1,000 th of a mm. 1,000,000 th of a mm how much tolerant's do you want. ?

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is no need for all these zeros. This is why someone invented micrometers, nanometers and a lot more.

But I like lots of zero's on my 1 to 10 if it's on my money.

A yotta in the bank would be nice. ?

On 9/6/2018 at 9:55 AM, VYCM said:

There’s nothing like going

0 – 100 km/h in 2.6 seconds.

My Ducati Diavel totally awesome.

Not too many people on the planet have had the opportunity to be in control of a vehicle which can accelerate at this rate.

I am one of the lucky few.

I did this when I was into racing, in a car though.

PS. On a race track, not on the roads.

42 minutes ago, Vacuum said:
On 9/6/2018 at 2:55 PM, VYCM said:

There’s nothing like going

0 – 100 km/h in 2.6 seconds.

My Ducati Diavel totally awesome.

Not too many people on the planet have had the opportunity to be in control of a vehicle which can accelerate at this rate.

I am one of the lucky few.

I did this when I was into racing, in a car though.

PS. On a race track, not on the roads.

Edited 21 minutes ago by Vacuum

Yeh right……..5555

What was your car a Bugatti Veyron?

That’s the only car that would achieve that 0 – 100 in 2.6 seconds

Vacuum seems to be a fibber. 

1 hour ago, VYCM said:

Yeh right……..5555

What was your car a Bugatti Veyron?

That’s the only car that would achieve that 0 – 100 in 2.6 seconds

Vacuum seems to be a fibber. 

He mentioned racing - which is not comparable to street legal "standard" cars.

If you ain't felt it, you don't know it.

More comments from the ' Never rode a bike in my life besides a Click mob

Nonsense from a petrol head. I had a Honda CBR600 and BMW GS800F but i grew out of "needing" big bikes. In Thailand you don't need it, its mainly a macho thing just accept it

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nonsense from a petrol head. I had a Honda CBR600 and BMW GS800F but i grew out of "needing" big bikes. In Thailand you don't need it, its mainly a macho thing just accept it

It's fun to feel the power. Are girls who ride big bikes also machos?

33 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nonsense from a non-enthusiast,  saying it's a macho thing is out of context.

Those 2 bikes you've had just shows you haven't experience power.

Archived