'I'm no child bride' - Thai girlfriend, 40, of Brit cave hero Vernon Unsworth dismisses Elon Musk’s ‘paedo’ claims

webfact

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Musk didn't get to where he is by being irrational. He has information that we don't, I would surmise. 

Not sure if Vernon has yet to initiate legal action.  After Musk made the initial allegation he, Musk, commented that Vernon seemed unwilling to litigate. 

I'm sure it would be an expensive process, but if Vernon feels confident that the comments were unfounded, I'm sure there would be a gaggle of lawyers offering to take on a suit with only a percentage of the win to pocket (as well as some fame for themselves)

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

cool, as the tv academics have spoken we now all know about musks problems and drug use.  in which journal again was your article published, lancet, british medical journal, or new england journal of medicine ??

Not my article but here is a read:   https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/17/tesla-board-members-reportedly-concerned-about-elon-musks-use-of-ambien.html

10 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

This story is so funny. Could only happen in Thailand!

it is not funny at all, and it is not happening in Thailand but in the media.
then, it was started by someone who thinks he is above anyone else
who took a staged media event going wrong badly, 
and sadly many influencers are writing his lines instead of responding rationally.

having said that, the other side's emotional outburst in public was not quite "done" either.

5 hours ago, lensta said:

Weird is an understatement. Why would you put a photo on here of a 53 year old Thai woman that looks exactly that, a 53 year old Thai woman.

Disagree, she looks more like 43. While if you posted a photo of a average British women at 53, you could well be mistaken for thinking she’s 63.

7 hours ago, rtco said:

No Smoke.jpg

that old chestnut from the times we lived in the marshlands, or, as the case may be, in the Wild West,
usually brought out for lack of arguments.

nowadays it is more like rumours do not spread if there is no click revenue in it.
got nothing to do with true or not, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Mr. Unsworth's lawyer Lin Wood has threatened to bring a civil defamation case against Mr. Musk in a Los Angeles federal court. Depending upon the judge's procedural rulings, this case may not be the slam dunk that most on here seem to think.

Mr. Lin in his comments to the press has yet to mention his client Mr. Unsworth's appearance on CNN.

Not to mention he'll struggle with getting these latest words into the fray. If the email came from Musk, it was in what he believed to be a private conversation (as the very first line of the email says). Buzzfeed chose to ignore his request to keep it private. 

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

Plenty?

I'm not a boozer so only really interacted with other foreigners (male and female) at a hotel gym and a thai language class ... and hardly any of them got that involved with the night scene, most had wives and girlfriends and some had kids to look after. It is possible to live in Pattaya just like you would anywhere else ... plenty of decent malls, restaurants and regular entertainment like cinemas.  

1 hour ago, KKr said:

it is not funny at all, and it is not happening in Thailand but in the media.
then, it was started by someone who thinks he is above anyone else
who took a staged media event going wrong badly, 
and sadly many influencers are writing his lines instead of responding rationally.

having said that, the other side's emotional outburst in public was not quite "done" either.

Look back at the reported stories in the media. It was allegedly Vern who started the public spat. 

9 hours ago, oilinki said:

People who are brilliant on one field, can be total morons on others. 

Musk is a bit petty person, who don't know when to stop. 

You are quite correct. In the case of the cave rescue,  Unsworth was obviously the expert (having been involved in previous rescue missions) Musk is a billionaire who was shown to know nothing of the needs of the situation. but thought that his money could buy him a "slice of the action". Next thing he'll be trying to teach Ossie Osborne how to be a rock singer, or Ronaldo how to play soccer!

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Complete nonsense .

Think about what your meme is saying :

*If a person makes a completely false allegation , it must be true or they wouldnt have made that false allegation*!!!!!!!

How exactly do you know it is false?

4 hours ago, ravip said:

Really?

So Vernon Unsworth and Elon Musk is Thai?

Neither are, but both were here, in a place where, like it or not, there is plenty of low class activity happening regularly. 

You think if this cave rescue or similar happened in Japan or Taiwan or Singapore, we would have had a similar outcome? 

Vern, an alleged professional, would have told Elon to "stick it where the sun doesn't shine" publicly? That the wife would be in a similar socioeconomic station? That the country would have a well-earned seedy reputation? That Elon would have been flabbergasted by thr disorganization of the governor and amidst his spat with the Prime Minister? That Elon, while wrong for acting so unprofessionally, would have reacted so strongly to the low class experince? 

I live here, and I enjoy my life most of the time, but I won't pretend that Thailand is not seen by most upwardly mobile people the world over a regressive dump full of seedy sex and such.

Is that clearer? 

11 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I'm not a boozer so only really interacted with other foreigners (male and female) at a hotel gym and a thai language class ... and hardly any of them got that involved with the night scene, most had wives and girlfriends and some had kids to look after. It is possible to live in Pattaya just like you would anywhere else ... plenty of decent malls, restaurants and regular entertainment like cinemas.  

Just a normal , average city is what you are saying?

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Unfortunately it was started by Elon Musk from USA.. I believe he resides in Bel Air Los Angeles...

I would recommend you read the articles carefully 

"He was scathing of Musk's offer to send a mini-submarine to help in the rescue efforts, which he dismissed as "just a PR stunt" and said the billionaire could "stick the submarine where it hurts."

5 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Not very funny to those of us who get accused of such criminal behaviour. This is character assassination, pure and simple. 

True. I suppose I should take it more seriously in that regard. Vern and his lady wouldn't find it funny in the least. Apologies. 

6 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Vern would be wise to do the same. If I had 20B I could find dirt on Mother Teresa.

Yeah... The whole thing is rather silly, and I do feel that I shouldn't be enjoying it, but it's just so tyoical of the types of epic international debacles that Thailand is somehow involved in. For me, as someone having lived here on and off for decades, it's reaffirms some of my views. 

4 hours ago, eggers said:

Thanks for clarification, but Musk's claims about Unworth are unwarranted & unsubstantiated!!

He maybe wealthy & clever, but he's a loose cannon, as seen in recent weeks!! 

personally i dont think he's that clever, if he were he'd be a poster on tv forum

14 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Just a normal , average city is what you are saying?

The largest part of it is. Only a small proportion of Pattaya is populated with girlie bars and nightclubs.

More farangs living and working here with their wives/families than there are "mongers" out every night in gogos.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The largest part of it is. Only a small proportion of Pattaya is populated with girlie bars and nightclubs.

More farangs living and working here with their wives/families than there are "mongers" out every night in gogos.

There a Vice Area in every Town n City. ive visited most of em.?️‍♀️

9 hours ago, transam said:

Well I have been to Pats, do you think because l have folk could dig dirt up on me...? ?

But, in LOS money perhaps could buy liars to say anything...?

Not sure transam if Vern has ever been to Pats let alone lived there.  He is a caver and that is his big hobby that is why he lives where he does ( about 15k from the caves ).

1 hour ago, JAZZDOG said:

How exactly do you know it is false?

I tend not to believe things , unless there is some evidence , even just a little piece of evidence .

Considering that Vern & Musk were having an online argument , I put Musks allegations down to name calling 

Archived