'I'm no child bride' - Thai girlfriend, 40, of Brit cave hero Vernon Unsworth dismisses Elon Musk’s ‘paedo’ claims

webfact

3 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Only Vern knows his past. It may or may not include details he may wish to keep hidden. A man with Musks' wealth can find out or find someone to claim something improper may have occurred.

Those details may be a bit embarrassing (if they exist at all) but are highly unlikely to involve anything worse than dabbling with a few bargirls of full legal age, which is really the worst thing that expats might get up to here in most cases. I would think his willingness to sue is evidence that he doesn't have skeletons in his closet.

Your other point though is definitely a danger - a top flight legal team with determined backing and an unlimited budget could turn up with any manner of evidence in a country like Thailand. 

2 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Your other point though is definitely a danger - a top flight legal team with determined backing and an unlimited budget could turn up with any manner of evidence in a country like Thailand. 

It would look obviously suspicious if they didnt report it at the time .

And if Musk got found out trying to pay false witnesses to lie in Court , that would probably be the end of Musk (business wise)and it is a serious offence that would result in jail for him

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

It would look obviously suspicious if they didnt report it at the time .

And if Musk got found out trying to pay false witnesses to lie in Court , that would probably be the end of Musk (business wise)and it is a serious offence that would result in jail for him

True... since everything about this case is now being highly scrutinised it's unlikely, especially if Unsworth has never been anywhere near the bar scene or anything. A 40 year old attractive girlfriend is pretty respectable, not to mention enviable... right now he's looking good from all perspectives. The buzzfeed article was quite thorough too, and had contacted his girlfriend, as well as two of the major people in the rescue, Stanton and Harris, both of whom vouched for him and his importance in the operation. The response of the media has for the most part been pretty flabbergasted about what Musk keeps coming out with, I've not seen a single article supportive of Musk's viewpoint in this. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ndfdjnd said:

It begs the question, why do you keep getting married?  You know you can live together and love each other without paperwork?

I'm actually still married to my second wife. It would be financially imprudent for either of us to divorce.

My current wife is in name only. No paperwork, not even a ceremony in the village but, as you say, we don't need someone to give us a piece of paper to have a commitment to each other.

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but you stated that"Vern is going down ,he knows it"

Vern is not "going down" and he doesnt "know it" .

Now you are saying that Musk can pay a Child to pretend to have been abused .

Stop making things up , stop just thinking things and them claiming it to be factual

Absolutely a fact he may or may not, only two possibilities. On the other hand you seem to claim in fact he did nothing improper. Extremely hard to prove someone did nothing

8 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

True... since everything about this case is now being highly scrutinised it's unlikely, especially if Unsworth has never been anywhere near the bar scene or anything. A 40 year old attractive girlfriend is pretty respectable, not to mention enviable... right now he's looking good from all perspectives. The buzzfeed article was quite thorough too, and had contacted his girlfriend, as well as two of the major people in the rescue, Stanton and Harris, both of whom vouched for him and his importance in the operation. The response of the media has for the most part been pretty flabbergasted about what Musk keeps coming out with, I've not seen a single article supportive of Musk's viewpoint in this. 

Come on now, have you ever met a Ferangs whoes never hit the Bars here.?. The only honest ferangs ive met here are Australian Blokes who tell you the Bar they met in 20 years ago and been together ever since. My Countrymen all met Online , or somme bullshit story no one believes. Bit like this Chap.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Absolutely a fact he may or may not, only two possibilities. On the other hand you seem to claim in fact he did nothing improper. Extremely hard to prove someone did nothing

Although I haven't infact claimed that he did anything improper .

I do believe that Musk will have to prove that what he said was correct , its up to musk to back -up what he says .

You can prove that things did happen , although its nigh on impossible to prove that something didnt happen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Come on now, have you ever met a Ferangs whoes never hit the Bars here.?. The only honest ferangs ive met here are Australian Blokes who tell you the Bar they met in 20 years ago and been together ever since. My Countrymen all met Online , or somme bullshit story no one believes. Bit like this Chap.

Errrm Vern stated that he had never been to Pattaya , which is quite believable, (I have never been there either) , anyway, that is besides the point , as its not illegal to go to Pattaya and those were not the accusations.

10 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Easy to Skip Pats, we 5 went straight to Nana Hotell for the first 3 Days, then up to the Spotlight Bar plus at least 28 others girly places in CM .One of our party didnt partake, he was impotent. Bit of a Clanker realy.!!.

Visiting prostitute bars is not the issue here , those were not the accusations .

Unless you are saying that the bars you visited had pre pubescent girls working as prostitutes there?

• Like 2

My first wife was 5 years younger than me, second wife 10 years younger than me (both English), current wife 20 years younger than me.

Do the maths, my next wife needs to be 40 years younger than me.
My wife is 30 years younger than me, but she's the only one I've had, and hopefully will remain so!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

54 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

relevance?

22 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Me, living in Thailand for nearly 18 years and travelling here for over 25 - I can count on one hand the bars I've been in and never once for the inference you are implying.  So how about review your thinking as we aren't all like you - thankfully.

I know that,, like theres no BS here.!!...Theres more like me here than you.Abstainers here are Broke, on a useless pension and stuck in the N East generally in a house they blew all their money on.Like this Diver Busybody craving for attention.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Although I haven't infact claimed that he did anything improper .

I do believe that Musk will have to prove that what he said was correct , its up to musk to back -up what he says .

You can prove that things did happen , although its nigh on impossible to prove that something didnt happen

Exactly my point then why are so many here so adamant that this guy hasn't done anything improper living here 40 years. Lets cut thru the BS, many farang are here for sex with young people, many have been found guilty of underage sex. Thailand will always be in the top three as a sex destination so obviously chances are higher here than say Iowa.

7 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Truth Hurts

Its not the truth though , some of us choose not to have prostitutes as friends or sexual partners and thats through choice , rather than through lacking the ability to pay for them .  

I prefer not to pay someone to sit with me and play connect 4 all night and to laugh at my unfunny "jokes"

• Like 2

Just now, sanemax said:

You are sitting in a bar in the morning with all your friends drinking ...............and talking to "dumb gobby brits" on the internet ?

I am sitting at home with a coffee , thinking about whether to take my Boy to the zoo today .

As we are in different locations , I wont have to walk past you staggering around later tonight

Your loss.

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You are sitting in a bar in the morning with all your friends drinking ...............and talking to "dumb gobby brits" on the internet ?

I am sitting at home with a coffee , thinking about whether to take my Boy to the zoo today .

As we are in different locations , I wont have to walk past you staggering around later tonight

He is sitting alone in a bar with a PC on the table with free wifi..?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

On 9/6/2018 at 12:02 PM, sanemax said:

Verm met his Thai GF in the UK and moved to Thailand with her and theyve been together for 7 years

23 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Just like every other Poster.!

What a load of rubbish from Hakapalita.

I met my wife in Thailand when I was sent here by the company I was working for and knew her for 7 years before we married in 2000.

I am 21 years older than her and yes she was a child bride

of 28 when we met.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I was warned not to drive an Ambulance, or Distribution Truck here during the floods years ago, but could donate goods and money..He must have a different Visa to most Ferangs.

Most of the farangs involved in the rescue were not required to have a visa for their work on the rescue.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Very few farang paedophiles in Thailand. Probably less likely to find one in Pattaya than other parts of Thailand. I would have thought that Bangkok would have been a more fruitful hunting ground for a farang paedophile. For many years now, Cambodia has been their preferred destination.

Vast majority of paedophiles in Thailand are Thai. 

So what if Vern visits girlie bars? Does that make him a paedophile? If he visits farang girlie bars in Pattaya, he is less likely to be a paedophile than some of you hypocrites that claim that you have never visited a girlie bar. The authorities, in Pattaya , are extremely hot on underage girls working in bars. I've never heard of one girl under 18 working in a farang bar in Pattaya. Not the hunting ground of paedophiles.

I think non pedophiles often don't recognizing what is going on in some areas.

A long time ago I read a certain area near a fountain in Pattaya was supposed to be a place for pedos. I walked near that fountain often enough, I never saw anything untoward. But I also didn't look for it or expect it.

Another example is a certain bus stop in Chinatown in Bangkok. It's full of hookers. But if you just driver by it just looks like a bus stop.

I guess there must be some meeting places but "normal" people would not recognize them.

• Like 1