'I'm no child bride' - Thai girlfriend, 40, of Brit cave hero Vernon Unsworth dismisses Elon Musk’s ‘paedo’ claims

webfact

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, taking out the names and going with generics.  A person from another country has made allegations on the internet from that country that a certain part of Thailand is notorious for child sex and other such despicable activities.  Will members of the local constabulary be calling for his attendance in Thailand to provide evidence of those allegations, or will he be threatened with prosecution for computer crime offences for damaging the reputation of Chiang Rai or being banned from Thailand?

6 minutes ago, eggers said:

He got S***s -up b/c someone thought little of his submarine idea!!..... against worldwide experts who attended the rescue!! 

Careful who you insult, Elon's idea was the bouncy castle approach which was shot down by the cave experts. The sub idea was from the cave experts in Thailand. Richard Stanton, one of the British cave diver heroes who discovered the kids said to Elon "It is absolutely worth continuing with the development of this system in as timely a manner as feasible.". The cave experts asked, Elon delivered.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Vernon to my mind has done absolutely nothing wrong that deserves this slur on his reputation, and without his swift action bringing real professionals to the cave rescue, it would probably have been a body recovery mission. Musk has shown himself to be a piece of trash, who hopefully will now be funding Vernons retirement in style.

Absolutely agree with you, Darksidedog. The way that Musk has defamed Vernon's character (and all of us ex-pats who live in Thailand) is outrageous - with not one shred of evidence to back up his claims of Vern's being a 'child rapist'. Disgusting. If he had evidence, he would not have taken down his original tweets (as he did) and would not have made that (admittedly half-hearted) 'apology' a few weeks ago.

Clearly Musk has huge psychological problems - whereas there is no evidence whatsoever that Vern has done anything wrong. Without him, those poor lads in the cave would quite possibly all be dead!

40 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Thailand has very strict defamation laws. This bloke could benefit from them.

Mr. Unsworth's lawyer Lin Wood has threatened to bring a civil defamation case against Mr. Musk in a Los Angeles federal court. Depending upon the judge's procedural rulings, this case may not be the slam dunk that most on here seem to think.

Mr. Lin in his comments to the press has yet to mention his client Mr. Unsworth's appearance on CNN.

My opinion of Elon Musk had soured long before his comments about this incident which seem to have been triggered by what he saw as a rejection of his offer to help. IMO, he's a brilliant guy who is putting his talents to work in the wrong areas. I'd much rather see him try to help us take care of our environment than pouring money into plans to run away - colonize another planet after we've trashed his one and can't or don't want to live here anymore.

The final straw for me on Musk was when he littered space with one of his cars just for the publicity. 

He's just a clever jerk in my opinion. ☹️

What country gets jurisdiction in this case?   America, Thailand, or UK ?  If USA they'd have to decide which state or county too.  The UK guy gonna go to USA and testify ?  Elon may have the lawyers that'd stop the UK guy from getting a visa to America. Lots more to come I'm sure.

absolute tosh about the age thing i can show you a 38 a 42 year old and even a 53 year old who look nothing like one who would guess that is their true age i am 71 and no one has guessed my age estimates come out at 53, (they got a thing about asking ages here)  even in the UK  they call me Peter Pan ha ha, , stop putting in people in age boxes, you need to get out more,  photo 38 and 71

lucky lukes.jpg

3 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

Asian women do age more slowly than Caucasian women.. Science does back up these sayings. Darker skin can show age more slowly because it has more melanin (dark pigment that determines sun sensitivity). The more melanin you have, the more protection you have against photoaging, or skin damage from too much exposure to the sun’s rays.

You can say that again, my x, a westerner 53 years of age, white skin, looks like she is 66, my Thai wife of 11 years is 37 next month and looks like she is 23.....and there is nothing better than looking at a beautiful creature 24/7........she also never has a headache, must have something to do with the climate........giddy up !!!

58 minutes ago, harrycallahan said:

Probably not a pedo but any man who spends years in Pattaya has a bag of embarrassing dirt behind them. Does he risk having a billionaire dig that up? 

I've lived in Pattaya for years, no embarrassing dirt on me. Dig away.

Keep it up, tusk..

Perhaps, next step will be pay some poor, young Thai lady bar for make false accusation and perjury against the Diver. Money talks... Easy!

The world beging to know him as a real Lunatic and not precisely for his proyects

Enjoy your life MISTER Unsworth. Lucky you.

25 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

What country gets jurisdiction in this case?   America, Thailand, or UK ?  If USA they'd have to decide which state or county too.  The UK guy gonna go to USA and testify ?  Elon may have the lawyers that'd stop the UK guy from getting a visa to America. Lots more to come I'm sure.

Mr. Unsworth's lawyer in USA Lin Wood -- a big time defamation case attorney -- said he would file his case in a Los Angeles federal court as Mr. Unsworth is not a US citizen. 

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I'd wait if I were some of you maybe Musk knows something we don't. If he doesn't he deserves to be sued and lose a few million. If he's not sued that makes it all highly suspicious. 

It's one of the perils of having money.  Everybody thinks they own a piece of you.

I've heard much worse down the pub in general banter, but nobody got sued there. 

They'll settle out of court.

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

That Snail White lotion works wonders. Now, do the farang thing and sue the sob.

Defamation cases are primarily a Thai hi-so thing as defamation laws in the west have for the most part been limited by freedom of speech considerations.  You still get nut-cases like Trump who file cases on a whim, but the claims only go to trial where there has been publication of a defamatory matter in reckless disregard of the truth.

1 hour ago, canopy said:

You mean stepping up to a microphone and very crudely insulting someone in front of millions of people is "nothing wrong"? Vern started this ordeal. Vern is now getting a dose of his own medicine.

vu.png.1e6103133784ff73fa6dd282c26fc89d.png

Agree,

Everyone seems to overlook that Vern started it.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

"‘I’M NO CHILD BRIDE’ "

What is the lovely 40 year old Tik on about....nobody said SHE is a "child bride"?

"He's an old, single white guy from England who's been travelling to or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years, mostly Pattaya Beach, until moving to Chiang Rai for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time."

This apparently is the latest accusation from Musk - mind the above quote came from The Sun!

1 hour ago, helloagain said:

Actually its not funny. Its very serious when some <deleted> make claims like this. Go vernon and sue his ars? Off

Yes, sure. You will also recall Vern fired the first public shots by telling Elon to "stick it where the sun doesn't shine", so let's not make this guy Vern out to be some sort of gentlemen, please 

2 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Musk didn't get to where he is by being irrational. He has information that we don't, I would surmise. 

You would surmise would you? You come across just like CNN and their FAKE NEWS.  Musk isn't known as the king of sarcasm for nothing

1 hour ago, animalmagic said:

So, taking out the names and going with generics.  A person from another country has made allegations on the internet from that country that a certain part of Thailand is notorious for child sex and other such despicable activities.  Will members of the local constabulary be calling for his attendance in Thailand to provide evidence of those allegations, or will he be threatened with prosecution for computer crime offences for damaging the reputation of Chiang Rai or being banned from Thailand?

"Thai Justice" usually only targets the weak. Elon musk is no such person. They won't say much lest they risk getting further embarrassed internationally and on a huge scale. They'll keep quiet.

4 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

Asian women do age more slowly than Caucasian women.. Science does back up these sayings. Darker skin can show age more slowly because it has more melanin (dark pigment that determines sun sensitivity). The more melanin you have, the more protection you have against photoaging, or skin damage from too much exposure to the sun’s rays.

Not to mention they spend most of their lives hiding from the sun while western women go out and bathe in it. ?

Archived