"Sinner" poisons nine soi dogs who only "barked at night"

webfact

1 minute ago, humbug said:

all animal abusers/murderers 20 years jail 2 million baht fine per animal and put in a locked room with me and a baseball bat

No problem, if you give me one too. I love a game of rounders.....err, I mean baseball.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

I'd say idiotic.

"All jurisdictions require that the victim be a natural person; that is, a human being who was still alive before being murdered. In other words, under the law one cannot murder a corpse, a corporation, a non-human animal, or any other non-human organism such as a plant or bacterium."

Phew!

• Confused 1

Just now, humbug said:

same olde control freaks posting their exterminating everything views on the voiceless threads.

all animal abusers/murderers 20 years jail 2 million baht fine per animal and pur in a locked room with me and a baseball bat

The record's stuck.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KiChakayan said:

Well you don't come across any more intelligent after that...

Well hard though. Wouldn't like to meet him down a dark soi at night. Esp. Soi 6/1 with the rest of the ladyboys.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, z42 said:

It is sad that the dogs died in agony. But the top and bottom of it is that these dogs were not well kept or trained in any meaningful way.

Soi dogs are a menace, these sorts of cases will continue as long as the mai pen rai culture persists around packs of dogs merely being an accepted part of the urban landscape 

It's not "mai pen rai" laziness but rather a Buddhist precept to preserve all life. The idea is ancient and obviously doesn't work in a crowded urban area. Barking dogs used to drive me mad. I closed the windows and turned on the a/c in the old days. Friends told me that strychnine works and it's cheap. They were less Buddhist than me. 

BTW. This does not help...only explains.

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

He's a lover not a fighter.

Can't understand the obsession with baseball bats though...….maybe he whacks them over the head first. Caveman style.

The answer is in your first assumption: "He's a lover.."

9 minutes ago, baansgr said:

68 rabies deaths this year already.....so now rabies isnt a problem, its part of "thai culture"

The obvious solution is simple (but very expensive). Spay - neuter - all male dogs and cats, and let them die out without reproducing, while controlling and monitoring domestic pets. The cost is prohibitive, so it won't happen as there are more urgent concerns.

Think, 68 rabies deaths, against how many vehicle deaths, how many domestic (family) deaths? The govt isn't stupid or lazy. Country wide, stray cats and dogs are comparably a tiny problem. 

What about snake bite. dengue, drowning? You see, it's a matter of priorities.  

Edited by jgarbo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, jgarbo said:

The obvious solution is simple (but very expensive). Spay - neuter - all male dogs and cats, and let them die out without reproducing, while controlling and monitoring domestic pets. The cost is prohibitive, so it won't happen as there are more urgent concerns.

Think, 68 rabies deaths, against how many vehicle deaths, how many domestic (family) deaths? The govt isn't stupid or lazy. Country wide, stray cats and dogs are comparably a tiny problem. 

What about snake bite. dengue, drowning? You see, it's a matter of priorities.  

In the UK, badgers are controlled by giving them oral contraception medication.

4 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

Think, 68 rabies deaths, against how many vehicle deaths, how many domestic (family) deaths? The govt isn't stupid or lazy.

The government must be both. If a country gets a reputation for rabies infections and you can kiss goodbye to the tourist industry.

It would take just one tourist....

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

The government must be both. If a country gets a reputation for rabies infections and you can kiss goodbye to the tourist industry.

It would take just one tourist....

You don't understand tourism. I was in the game for 15 years. A few deaths don't damage tourism. Tourists, by definition, are amnesic. That's why they take so many photos. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, stud858 said:

In oz if your dog is outside leashless you get fined or have to pay to get your dog back.. All dogs are registered. There are zero feral dogs in oz. 

So does anybody have the minister for animal affairs email address. Let's together at Thai visa support the improvement of human/animal cohabitation.

IN virtually every jurisdiction in the US, dogs are licensed, non licensed ones rounded up and eventually euthanized.

Killing a dog as done here is a crime punishable by prison.

The law does allow for individuals to shoot free roaming dogs under certain circumstances.

• Confused 1

Of course killing them like this is wrong according to law, but if they became a nuisance to the people living there and the government isn't doing it's job i consider it as ok and would not expect that somebody has to move somewhere else just because of a few soi dogs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 72BKK said:

reptiles as well are part of Thailand. I don't kill reptiles cause they are a threat. I respect them and try not to kill them unless I found one close to my son or daughter.

I have read triumphalist comments because a coward has poisoned and killed a dozen of soi dogs.

To me the ones who celebrate such ignoble action are garbage

that's all hello to everybody i have a job

10 hours ago, 72BKK said:

I have some good news just for you, it was 9 soi dogs that died three were saved they were given the kiss of life

Edited by oldlakey

In the area around where I live in Chiang Mai, residents deliberately leave their dogs outside to roam at night as a deterrent to stop people not living there from cycling, motorbiking or walking through their Sois. These dogs will chase after and try to attack people using the Sois. Anyone not awares could end up with serious injuries.

Poisoning these dogs is a cruel and horrific way to kill them. It`s the so-called owners that should be fined for reckless behaviour, but of course it won`t happen, this is Thailand.

• Thanks 1