Elon Musk 'to be sued in Thailand, London and US’ by cave diver he called 'paedo' in baseless remark

webfact

2 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

Quick learner, good on ya mate! 

But more seriously, légal action should be for serious matters, and for me, name calling just isnt one of them. 

Its not just mindless name calling though, is it .

Its a serious false allegation 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

Give me a break, suing someone for name calling. Just call him something back or go up to him and slap him or punch him in the face but dont sue the Guy. Childish and pathetic in my opinion. If i where Musk i Would arange for the Guy to have an unfortunate accident....maybe offer him one of My Tesla cars as a so called apologie and cut the brakes or something.

Unfortunately, in today’s environment, calling someone a pedo, or say he married a 12 year old, is not simply name calling. If you can’t, or won’t understand that, I feel sorry for you. ?

5 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

I think it is exactly "mindless name calling" If it wasnt Musk Would have come forward with proof of some sort to back up his "name calling" 

It was a serious accusation of accusing a person of being a rapist and a child rapist .

That isnt mindless name calling , its making a serious allegation

1 minute ago, khundon said:

Unfortunately, in today’s environment, calling someone a pedo, or say he married a 12 year old, is not simply name calling. If you can’t, or won’t understand that, I feel sorry for you. ?

Yes (unfortunately) is the correct term it is unfortunate that We have become a society of over susceptable men and women. Dont feel sorry for me i am not the one who gets ruffled by unfounded name calling of any sort and if i did i Would handle it myself and Would actually be quite embaressed to take such matters to the courts.

1 minute ago, Voodoochile said:

Yes (unfortunately) is the correct term it is unfortunate that We have become a society of over susceptable men and women. Dont feel sorry for me i am not the one who gets ruffled by unfounded name calling of any sort and if i did i Would handle it myself and Would actually be quite embaressed to take such matters to the courts.

If Elon Musk called you a child rapist and a pedophile , what names would you call him back ?

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It was a serious accusation of accusing a person of being a rapist and a child rapist .

That isnt mindless name calling , its making a serious allegation

Again, proof of some sort or at least several people accusing him of the same thing Would make it "serious aligations" without that it is just name calling.

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If Elon Musk called you a child rapist and a pedophile , what names would you call him back ?

probably wouldnt even bother answering if i know its completely false. But if i had to answer any random insult that Would come to mind Would do.

what is your point?

4 hours ago, Voodoochile said:

I think it is exactly "mindless name calling" If it wasnt Musk Would have come forward with proof of some sort to back up his "name calling" 

First time around, the argument could have been made that it was mindless, tweeting on red wine and Ambien, jet lagged after flying around the world and back in a few days. The immediacy of the response alone makes it obvious that it was tweeted in a flash of anger after seeing Unsworth's comments on CNN... prior to that he didn't even know who he was so the idea of Musk having some dirt on him is ludicrous. Musk was already irritated by the Chiang Rai governor publicly dismissing the sub and saying it wouldn't be suitable a few days earlier (albeit more politely), so when Unsworth repeated this more rudely on CNN it must have been the last straw for Musk, who's hope to be the hero of the piece had already fallen flat. If the pedo comment had been followed up by a sincere personal apology, saying that he was just throwing out a stereotype of Thai expats because he was angry, and the matter may have gone no further. Even if Vern had decided to pursue legal action at that point, there's a high chance of it being dismissed due to the circumstances and the fact that Musk didn't know the guy so he obviously didn't mean what he said.

Unfortunately, the second and especially the third set of comments made it absolutely clear that he did mean what he said. This, along with the rest of Musk's recent erratic behaviour give the serious impression he's currently in the process of heading over the cliff.

Regarding the question of name calling, in his email to Buzzfeed Musk called the journalist a f***ing a**hole, and in the same message, referred to Musk as a child rapist. The first is obviously name calling and not literal, but the second is libellous and defamatory. The lawyers involved already know this, otherwise they wouldn't be going anywhere near the case. 

Edited by lamyai3
  • Like 2

You can spin Mr. Musk's Round 2 of comments to Musk has no idea what he is doing to Mr. Musk knows exactly what he is doing.

Such will come out in Mr. Unsworth's attorney's presumed civil defamation filing and Team Musk's follow-up motion (if any).

Hold tight.

• Thanks 1

Only if Musk can demonstrate that the comments amounted to defamation of character. My recollection is that Unsworth said Musk could stick the thing where the sun don't shine. That's not defamation.

Seeing as Musk has not implied as such in any of his subsequent tweets, then it's unlikely. Or did I miss something whereby Musk has alleged defamation re those comments?

Mmm didn't Unsworth say on his CNN interview Musks Sub was nothing more than a PR stunt?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Dude needs help!

Those who really need help are those who uncritically believe anything without thinking themselves....

Edited by ttrd

As Alfie Solomons once said "the big always <deleted> the small".... its the way of this world.

Mr.Unsworth will need all the legal help he can afford + an extension on the average life span in order to reap any monetary gain. Good Luck - Ol' Fool.

3 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

As Alfie Solomons once said "the big always <deleted> the small".... its the way of this world.

Mr.Unsworth will need all the legal help he can afford + an extension on the average life span in order to reap any monetary gain. Good Luck - Ol' Fool.

Musk will be told by his lawyers to just write him a cheque before this gets near the courts and have vern sign an nda to not mention it again

• Like 2

Maybe.

Unsworth's attorney Lin Wood wrote to Musk via FedEx and Email 6 AUG 2018:

"I am in the process of preparing a civil complaint for libel against you. In an attempt to avoid litigation and to see the public record corrected, I invite you or your legal representatives to contact me."

Whether Musk received the letter or not, it does not appear at least publicly so far that Team Musk has made any effort to settle. According to CNBC, Lin Wood intends to file in Los Angeles federal court this week.

On 9/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, Parsve said:

And how could that be? What Vern has done, is said, in some rude way, that the submarine would not work.  Just think of what could have happened if the authorities had listened to Musk. What Musk has done is that he, not only once, but twice has submitted statements that Vern is a criminal.  A big difference.

As an underwater engineer, commercial diver, salvage consultant and former president of the Southeast Asia diving Federation. I followed the whole rescue operation with great interest. I consider that Musk's solution with a mini submarine could have worked. I also considered it could have been safer too. Verns's remarks about it were deplorable.

3 minutes ago, gamini said:

As an underwater engineer, commercial diver, salvage consultant and former president of the Southeast Asia diving Federation. I followed the whole rescue operation with great interest. I consider that Musk's solution with a mini submarine could have worked. I also considered it could have been safer too. Verns's remarks about it were deplorable.

So you know about the cave restrictions regarding a sub..? 

Those who actually surveyed and came to a conclusion, that worked, considered the time scale available regarding imminent flooding and didn't fluff around with something that might fail.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

So you know about the cave restrictions regarding a sub..? 

Those who actually surveyed and came to a conclusion, that worked, considered the time scale available regarding imminent flooding and didn't fluff around with something that might fail.....

The time scale is the only reason it wouldn't have worked. It was on it's way to the Kingdom when the "wait til October" option was on the table. By the time it arrived, the "Now" plan had been accepted after the SEAL's death.

They would have likely still needed to continue chiseling out some of the tighter areas like they were doing. It was just a timing issue in this rescue.

Glad the sked and pressure mask solution worked for everyone, either way. (Musk said so too, but it was hardly mentioned because "Good job, everyone" tweets don't get as many clicks as the "OMG, You'll never believe what he tweeted" headlines.)

Musk will be told by his lawyers to just write him a cheque before this gets near the courts and have vern sign an nda to not mention it again

But can they get Musk to not mention it again? [emoji6]

As that seems to be the problem.

Vern dropped it after Musk apologized. It was Musk who revived it. He can't seem to let go.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

RE - Musk will be told by his lawyers to just write him a cheque before this gets near the courts and have vern sign an nda to not mention it again

But can they get Musk to not mention it again? emoji6.png

As that seems to be the problem.

Vern dropped it after Musk apologized. It was Musk who revived it. He can't seem to let go.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Can a cheque get Vernon to stop relate the sub marine to bum's...??...

Edited by ttrd