Stickman On Sunday is back

Bangkok Barry

ah, his divorced wife.    ok.  Is this true??   did she kick him into touch after she got her residence???   just saying I do not know but many do why not his?? Enlighten me please. and thank you.

Edited by whiteman

30 minutes ago, whiteman said:

Also I hope it ended b4 with his ex.

Before if he did buy his house in Napier for the prices really moved up in the last year and then she gets half of the increases?

don't let your imagination go wild.    if my memory is correct he had a wife for a while when in Thailand.   i guess he found out what many of us did....love don't always last.    i believe he is with a new "significant other" .... and has yet to lose his fortune  ?

Edited by rumak

22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You obviously didn't read much of what he wrote, or you have a short memory.

since we are reminiscing......do you have any idea what happenned with Caveman (Mark)......?

just curious.   can pm me if want to keep it private

12 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Mind your own business. You have no clue what is true or what isn't true unless you are in NZ with him.

A poster wrote " The guy who left Thailand because OZ was so good and his life so much better"  

I corrected him to say he went to NZ. 

I didn't have to be in NZ  with the man to know that now did I?

2 hours ago, rumak said:

since we are reminiscing......do you have any idea what happenned with Caveman (Mark)......?

just curious.   can pm me if want to keep it private

Sorry. I don't know. I've only met three or four submission contributors. Many have moved on, like Dana and Pothole Research.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mogandave said:

The ads that pop up in your browser are what google determines you will be interested in based on your browsing history.

Sorry you have no idea what you are talking about. These are paid ads he places on his website is key locations.

Can you even read computer code?

If you need a lesson let me know

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Again, it is obvious you have never read him. He constantly says that he doesn't indulge in the sex scene and only dabbled in it decades ago. He reports news, and often speaks out against many of the practices in the nightlife scene - crooked owners, corrupting influence on the girls, high prices, poor attendance at the bars. If that is condoning it then you have a different dictionary to me

As I said before, an opinion based on ignorance isn't worth anything at all.

Anyway, I'm done with this. He doesn't waste his time defending himself as it's pointless, and nor will I. You cannot reason with a closed mind.

He constantly says that he doesn't indulge in the sex scene and only dabbled in it decades ago

Sounds like the same thing Bill Clinton said.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

Teaching in Thailand is a real smart guy?

I doubt that every teacher in Thailand is an idiot. And my kid is a teacher in China, and she has a master's degree and has taught in the USA. She just prefers Asia at this point. She has a tentative job offer in Thailand teaching at about 90,000 a month. She has to decide whether she wants to renew her contract or come here. So assuming that she does take a job here, in your view of teachers, she is an idiot? 

• Like 1

I actually liked his readers' submission section a lot. They were not the most skilled writers but guys sincerely sharing their Thai experience, which were sad, funny, happy and everything in between. I learned a lot and it was good to know I wasn't alone in some of the things that happened to me. And, then, there were the talented writers like Korski, Steve Rosse, et al.

I just poked my head into Stickman. The readers section hasn't picked up steam yet. I hope it does. At its peak there were a couple of new posts every day and Stick, in fact, would warn of a backlog. Happy days.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:28 AM, whiteman said:

Yes but is this the real Stick back on line from N.Z. or just some other bloke cashing in?  to me the writing is entirely different.

The writing style and column formula is exactly the same as it was before. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Just as Bangkok has changed for the better, Thailand's tourist and sexpat demographics have improved too

Indian and Asian sexpats are better than Western ones 5555555

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Doing well is relative. He did as well as he could with his skill set and moral compass.

He was smart enough to get out while he could still sell his "asset" before it became worthless. That in itself sets him apart from many farangs who can't accept when a good run has come to an end.  

Stickman represented/targeted/served the english language speaking western sexpat crowd who have thankfully diminished. Just as Bangkok has changed for the better, Thailand's tourist and sexpat demographics have improved too. As the undesirable element  decreased, the opportunity to gain revenue from advertising for detectives to follow one's bargirl lover, or trysts with trannies or other sex workers, and of course the mediocre, but high priced restaurants decreased. '

The Thailand of the Stickman era is finished. Many of Stickman's biggest fans are long gone; dead or in jail or back in their homelands in care homes.  Whether we like it or not, time has  passed and the country changed. Stickman is no more.

Some of us are still here.  We'll always have Bangkok, Pattaya and the Stickman era.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

So much gossip here, and people talking like arm chair generals over someone who did well for himself. I will quote a musician colleague of mine, "Who am I to judge and complain about them? They became famous, and I am sitting here playing their songs."

He did so well he is no longer in Thailand.

Where are the basher's to claim he couldn't hack it in Thailand and had to move home?

15 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The Thailand of the Stickman era is finished. Many of Stickman's biggest fans are long gone; dead or in jail or back in their homelands in care homes.  Whether we like it or not, time has  passed and the country changed. Stickman is no more.

I have to agree, when stick first started his writings I was living in Bangkok, the nightlife was brilliant and he was relevant to my life. That was long time ago...............

Now - I have moved on, its 10 years since I was in a "girly" bar, got to admire his fortitude, must be hard writing about something you have no interest in, money must be worth it?