Thai soldier fights for life after being attacked by seniors

Jonathan Fairfield

Disgusting!

The culprits will no doubt deny wrong doing, then will admit to the crime, with smiles, fingers pointing, postulating, merit,  and then all is forgiven and forgotten. Pathetic!

Land of smiles!

Harmonious people!

Cough!!!

If they can do that to their own kind, what could they do to foreigners? Makes me wonder...

• Like 2

I believe stories of maltreatment of recruits are common in Thailand. That's why a friend paid off a corrupt official in order to remove her son's name from the call-up list. Not that I would have agreed to it either as the boy could have benefited from the experience. Her fear of her son possibily being hurt was a very real, especially as he despised authority and had a contrary attitude making the chances even higher that he'd be severely beaten up, had he been sent to boot camp.

• Like 1

Well now, another story that is sure to help win the vote next year for Pheu Thai. This is a very clever idea by Thaksin.. Majority of Thai people will be up for the changes these guys have promised..

"Pheu Thai will ban military conscription if voted in"

"PARTY ALSO PLANS TO SELL SUBMARINES AND BUILD HOSPITALS FROM THE PROCEEDS"

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30353086

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicken George said:

This is what awaits conscrips here?

Conscription should end!

But they induct them so seniors as in higher ranks have a so called job.

Its a military state. Has been for generations. How much more is covered up? I've seen the videos of others having to stand there and take a beating.. Cowards.

Its like they have modelled their army from ww2 Japanese, where each higher ranking personell would beat on whose beneath them all the way down the line.

It’s like the poor soles who were killed and Deepcut barracks in the UK massive cover up as one soldier shot himself twice in an alleged   Suicide . As an ex member of the British Army I find the story ludicrous. Such a shame these tuff soldiers have to kill their own to prove what.

its easy to kill somone it’s living with it. R.I.P. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, baboon said:

Well yes. Here we are again and still waiting for the malfeasance charges for allowing this to happen (YET AGAIN) on his watch to be filed against the appropriate minister...

I seem to recall reading on ThaiVisa a month or two a go that the top brass said this treatment would END !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kotsak said:

"A Few Good Men" comes in mind..

Or Calder Willingham's' "End As a Man", a harrowing novel about  going through the meat grinder of a southern US military academy, made into an excellent (black and white!) movie.

The fact that such sadistic behavior is still routine here eighty years later is an indictment of the privileged officer class now running not just the armed forces, but the entire bloody country.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, YetAnother said:

predictable; 

how magnanimous of the army; they are saying his life is worth 30,000, maybe

"they are saying his life is worth 30,000"

The army has not said that at all, she said that she had been told that he would get that as basic help.  Big difference.  More importantly, he has not died.

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Asked about financial help from the Royal Thai Army, Rungruedee said she was told he would get about Bt30,000 compensation as basic help.

“But to date, we have not yet received the compensation,” she said. 

Amazing Thailand!

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Three soldiers at the camp have confessed to beating him up and apologised to his family. 

That makes everything right .

And the 30.000 bht ?! I hope they will get it every month.

• Like 1