Man vomiting blood at Don Mueang airport - but staff are indifferent to his plight

webfact

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Meanwhile, in Chiang Mai yesterday (10 September) afternoon (approx. 2.30pm), I had cut myself on the door handle of the nearby toilet. 
The counter for "first aid", combined with "information" was empty; the door into the "first aid" open but not a living soul in it. Waited for 10 minutes until a fellow passenger passing by seeing my blood dripping hand, was kind enough to help me out with a Tensoplast. 

I would not have mentioned a word but here the picture of the deserted counter (and my luggage) - welcome to the "best tourist destination in the world" with "double digit growth". 

Screenshot 2018-09-11 21.11.42.jpg

You dont carry a bandana or backpacker towel everywhere?

I do. There is always a bandana in my bag or pocket plu one of those mini towels (fit inside a small packet). Plus hand santizer. I spent 25 years in Alaska and know not to rely on anyone other than myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If it has nothing to do with them, Thais don't care about anything. They are often too immature to know what to do or how to react, so they remain in their own safe little bubble. Just part of the Me Me Me culture.

Seems that you jumped in too quick Bernard, but I don't suppose facts get in the way of

your opinions.

Some hysterical person takes a photo of a lady mopping up a puddle of 

blood and posts it on facebook and you assume that their account is

100% accurate and decide to carry continue with your tiresome tirade.

I would love to hear how you became so unhappy.

Edited by shy coconut
Additions
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

I guess we could stuff a big wade of toilet paper down his throat to stop bleeding, I am just wondering what your reaction wouud have been or for that matter any untrained person farang or Thai. 

My reaction would have been to fetch assistance. Although in Thailand I doubt that anyone would know who to contact. I saw a backpack abandoned at the same airport once and reported it to a desk clerk by the gate who asked me what to do. I suggested calling security, who then didn't answer the phone. It's like dealing with children.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

You dont carry a bandana or backpacker towel everywhere?

I do. There is always a bandana in my bag or pocket plu one of those mini towels (fit inside a small packet). Plus hand santizer. I spent 25 years in Alaska and know not to rely on anyone other than myself.

Never too old to learn; thank you for the tip and yes, I got medical plaster at destination to be kept in the hand luggage. Never ever though came across any problems in the last 40 years of travelling ......... 

• 5 months later...
On 9/11/2018 at 8:04 AM, worgeordie said:

Thats a lot of blood,if it actually is blood,and not just a big

red bottle of Fanta  red he had drank before arriving at the

airport,if it was blood he should not been allowed to fly,but

i am sure he did !.

regards Worgeordie

@worgeordie Look how thick that splatter is. Its blood.

On 9/11/2018 at 5:30 PM, BestB said:

I be the weird one , but

1. What did he expect for staff to do ?

2. What did he do to assist?

On 9/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, Argus Tuft said:

Agreed!

and...
3.  How urgent was it that he needed to get to his destination instead of seeking urgent medical attention for what looks like a worrying amount of blood he had just disgorged on to the pavement?

@BestB @Argus Tuft What an insensitive comment. Complete disregard for someone with such an issue.

@BestB Ahh. I remember you from another thread. Similar comments with the linger of total disregard, then, for  Palestinians, and here now for random person that needs medical assistance.

Weird and please add uncaring.

In the year 3098, the world as we know it ended because of a Zombie Apocalypse.... all cases were on one very, very small island about to be blow up by 100 nuclear bombs.  One Zombie went to the airport and threw up blood.... Unfortunately, due to Facebook and Twitter, the average IQ in 3098 is only 34.... so everyone helped him on the plane, destined for Mexico City, Beijing, and elsewhere....

one lady on the plane wanted to kiss the Zombie for a cool selfie....    

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

@BestB @Argus Tuft What an insensitive comment. Complete disregard for someone with such an issue.

@BestB Ahh. I remember you from another thread. Similar comments with the linger of total disregard, then, for  Palestinians, and here now for random person that needs medical assistance.

Try reading my post clearly next time you decide to comment on a 3 month old thread.

The passenger wanted to fly straight away.  I clearly stated he should have sought immediate medical attention instead.

Irespective of all the reasons people jump to conclusions about.
The important point of the matter is the "indifference and no one was prepared to take responsibility."
This has been my experience over the years. (Land of smiles. 5555)
I'm surprised they was not a crowd round him videoing and screaming "Farang maow"  Farang drunk. 
TIT

There were so many foreigners offering assistance that the Thais could not get through. Helpful foreigners.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I be the weird one , but

1. Probably not a lot, which is usual in Thailand.

2. The same as every other Thai, took out his phone to get the all important video ????

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, Burma Bill said:

Looks as if he may have suffered a stomach hemorrhage - definitely hospital treatment

Yep. Seen the same with a burst stomach ulcer. Definitely shouldn't fly. Staff should have sat him down and called the airport medics.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2018 at 7:49 AM, webfact said:

The man in trouble said he was on his way to Nakorn Sri Thammarat and didn't want to miss his flight by going to hospital.

Cleaners were left to clear up the mess.

"Billy Gong" said that in this day and age there should be better procedures in place to help passengers in trouble at an airport.

I understand nobody wants to help him 

people are scared to get sick of what he have 

And to you poster why did you not helping him??? 

Why they staff in airport let him flying he could had infected other passengers 

• Confused 1

The post is 6 months old, not sure why everyone is responding or arguing to comments that were posted 6 months ago. 

Yes it was blood, yes airport staff gave assistance and took him to the airport medical clinic, he didn't fly.

Seems people will go out of there way to find something that a thai person did wrong, even 6 months ago, although, as the post says, 6 months ago the guy was given assistance and taken to a clinic.

I be the weird one , but

On 9/11/2018 at 5:48 PM, Argus Tuft said:

Agreed!

and...
3.  How urgent was it that he needed to get to his destination instead of seeking urgent medical attention for what looks like a worrying amount of blood he had just disgorged on to the pavement?

6 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

4 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

Try reading my post clearly next time you decide to comment on a 3 month old thread.

The passenger wanted to fly straight away.  I clearly stated he should have sought immediate medical attention instead.

Did you or did you not agree with @BestB ?  Thanks.

Hope he is doing alright now!

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

The post is 6 months old, not sure why everyone is responding or arguing to comments that were posted 6 months ago. 

Yes it was blood, yes airport staff gave assistance and took him to the airport medical clinic, he didn't fly.

Seems people will go out of there way to find something that a thai person did wrong, even 6 months ago, although, as the post says, 6 months ago the guy was given assistance and taken to a clinic.

Hell it could be a year old...I agree it was blood for sure!

Thai

????