• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 64

S/E Asian Thai Consulates going to eVisa online system effective Tuesday Oct 8th

2. 329

And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

3. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

4. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

5. 70

Words sentences that are offensive

6. 1,056

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

7. 24

Sending food back to the kitchen?

8. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

9. 34

Oh Beloved Bangkok, How So You Have Changed...

10. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

11. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

12. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

13. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

14. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

China will buy 7,690 new airplanes over next 20 years: Boeing

webfact

China will buy 7,690 new airplanes over next 20 years: Boeing

2018-09-11T034901Z_2_LYNXNPEE8A03Q_RTROPTP_3_GLOBAL-TRANSPORT.JPG

A Boeing logo is pictured during the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE) at Geneva Airport, Switzerland May 28, 2018. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese airlines are likely to buy 7,690 planes worth $1.2 trillion over the next 20 years, Boeing Co <BA.N> said on Tuesday.

Boeing's latest estimate for the period to 2037 is 6.2 percent higher than the U.S. planemaker's previous prediction of 7,240 planes last year.

China will also need over $1.5 trillion worth of commercial services for its aircraft fleet, Boeing said.

(Reporting by Stella Qiu and Brenda Goh; Editing by Darren Schuettler)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-09-11

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Eh? Rubbisce.
Boeing aircraft are superior Airbus falls back on illegal subsidies. Even Rolls -Royce engines on the 787 have problems. Operators who went with the GE power plants on the 787 are not affected.

As opposed to the US tax codes which have nothing to do with favoring US business interests....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, car720 said:

yep and some will go to the Canadian mob.

Bombardier makes trains, they can't fly

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Boeing's latest estimate for the period to 2037 is 6.2 percent higher than the U.S. planemaker's previous prediction

So boeing is trying to put pressure on Trump over the China tariffs.

• Haha 1

I heard that the P and W engines were not much chop.

They are very well regarded in turboprops, helicopter and regional aircraft, where they have released an engine recently with a reduction gear on the jet-fan. It saves kerosene.

I don’t think they have any recent applications on the latest widebodies 787, A350and the like.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Petchou said:

bombardier make trains, airplanes, skidoo etc....

To add:

"In 1986,[7] Bombardier acquired Canadair after the Canadian government-owned aircraft manufacturing company recorded the largest corporate loss in Canadian history. Shortly thereafter, de Havilland Canada, Short Brothers and Learjet operations were absorbed by the aerospace arm, which now accounts for over half of company revenue." Wiki

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JAG said:

Now I don't know much about making aeroplanes, (if the truth be be told I don.t know much about rather a lot of things!) , but I am sure I read somewhere that quite a lot of the clever bits in Airbus aeroplanes are made in the USA, and cannot currently be sourced from anywhere else. If that is the case, and given Mr Trump's enthusiasm for extending sanctions to anyone trading with whoever he happens to be throwing a paddy over/with, then it is quite possible that strenuous efforts will be made to prevent Airbus from being able to manufacture these aeroplanes. Of course an exception to tarrifs/sanctions and other trade war threats will quite possibly suddenly materialise if Boeing were to be able to step up and fulfil any orders.

I am sure anything the Americans supply could be manufactured in China.

An article from Forbes provides a breakdown of orders between Airbus, Boeing and a domestic provider, together with some analysis on China's current position of the potential impact of Trump's tariff war on Boeing.

Boeing delivered 202 aircraft to Chinese airlines in 2017, compared with 176 by Airbus.

http://fortune.com/2018/09/11/boeing-china-new-planes-trump-trade-war/

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

An article from Forbes provides a breakdown of orders between Airbus, Boeing and a domestic provider, together with some analysis on China's current position of the potential impact of Trump's tariff war on Boeing.

Boeing delivered 202 aircraft to Chinese airlines in 2017, compared with 176 by Airbus.

http://fortune.com/2018/09/11/boeing-china-new-planes-trump-trade-war/

China only needed to buy 13 more Airbus than Boeing in 2017 to get 50% of the Chinese market. If Trump continues to put more tariffs on Chinese goods and the Chinese slap tariffs on Boeing aircraft then Airbus will come out on top.

If Trump then slaps sanctions on Airbus and EU countries, companies and people he will learn that sanctions are a 2 way item and the USA may well be on the receiving end and will end up isolated which is what Putin and Trump want.

On 9/12/2018 at 2:36 AM, inThailand said:

China will buy the best plane. Then dissect it and start building their own. 

But for now the C919 is a no-show.

https://www.nasdaq.com/g00/article/china-to-parade-aviation-prowess-at-nov-expo-but-c919-jet-a-noshow-20180913-00091?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnRoLw%3D%3D&amp;i10c.ua=1&amp;i10c.dv=14

27 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

China will thieve/copy enough tech to make their own airliners in the not to distant future, so Boeing is kidding itself.

They will surely take a share of it. However:

- they will not be present or competitive for all types of airplanes before long time

- 20 years is not a very long time by aircraft industry standards. It usually takes 5 to 10 years to deliver an order. Airbus and Boeing have a backlog of around 9 years of current production capacity. It takes long time to implement a value-chain and produce on large scale. So it is unlikely that Chinese manufacturers will get a significant share during maybe the first ten years.